I have stayed here a number of times, as we are a Bluegreen owner, most recently earlier this week. This is a great resort for families with younger kids and golfers. It is a very large property with both indoor and outdoor pools, as well as many other activities like golf (summer), skiing (winter), paddle boats, Mini-golf (not spectacular but still fun), basketball court, water slide, outdoor hot tub, and more. They also usually plan special activities during the week for kids as well. In my recent stays I have been in a town home. These come in one to three bedroom variations, and are very nice units. I recommend them. I have also stayed in what I think was called Deluxe Timbers a few years back, which are also excellent and I would recommend. There are a wide variety of units here, and I would think that your experience here may vary greatly depending on your needs and expectations versus the kind of unit you might stay in. The cottages or cabins are in different sections and have a very different feel. Do you want more rustic or more nicer amenities? Some reviewers have called the place rustic, but this all depends on what type of unit you stay in, so be aware of that when booking and ask questions. The town homes, for example, are certainly not rustic. I have only golfed here once, a few years back, and don't recall any impression of the course, and I have never come in winter during ski season, so cannot comment on that, but it is a nice family or getaway resort that is peaceful and pleasant. It is also nice to be within minutes of the Dells attractions while being completely away from all the congestion and noise of that area. Drive in to the Dells for the day for your water/amusement park experiences and come back out to relax.
I'm not sure if they will rent units to the general public or not, but units can be had through Bluegreen or RCI, as well as through eBay and other venues where owners are selling their rentals. This latter option is often a great value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Christmas Mountain Village, Wisconsin Dells' premier golf and ski resort. Guests of this resort enjoy one of the Dells' best 27-hole championship golf courses and a pristine groomed hill for downhill and cross country skiing in the winter. Offering some of Wisconsin Dells most spacious accommodations, choose from one and two bedroom villas to grand three bedroom townhouses. Rustic log cabins and timbers spaced throughout this expansive resort, give vacationers their own private spot in the woods. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Christmas Mountain Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Christmas Mountain Village Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Christmas Mountain Village Wisconsin Dells
- Christmas Mountain Village Wi Dells