“Great Place, Relaxing, Lots to Do, Near Dells but Away From Crowds” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Christmas Mountain Village

Christmas Mountain Village
Ranked #25 of 71 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Wisconsin
“Great Place, Relaxing, Lots to Do, Near Dells but Away From Crowds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have stayed here a number of times, as we are a Bluegreen owner, most recently earlier this week. This is a great resort for families with younger kids and golfers. It is a very large property with both indoor and outdoor pools, as well as many other activities like golf (summer), skiing (winter), paddle boats, Mini-golf (not spectacular but still fun), basketball court, water slide, outdoor hot tub, and more. They also usually plan special activities during the week for kids as well. In my recent stays I have been in a town home. These come in one to three bedroom variations, and are very nice units. I recommend them. I have also stayed in what I think was called Deluxe Timbers a few years back, which are also excellent and I would recommend. There are a wide variety of units here, and I would think that your experience here may vary greatly depending on your needs and expectations versus the kind of unit you might stay in. The cottages or cabins are in different sections and have a very different feel. Do you want more rustic or more nicer amenities? Some reviewers have called the place rustic, but this all depends on what type of unit you stay in, so be aware of that when booking and ask questions. The town homes, for example, are certainly not rustic. I have only golfed here once, a few years back, and don't recall any impression of the course, and I have never come in winter during ski season, so cannot comment on that, but it is a nice family or getaway resort that is peaceful and pleasant. It is also nice to be within minutes of the Dells attractions while being completely away from all the congestion and noise of that area. Drive in to the Dells for the day for your water/amusement park experiences and come back out to relax.

I'm not sure if they will rent units to the general public or not, but units can be had through Bluegreen or RCI, as well as through eBay and other venues where owners are selling their rentals. This latter option is often a great value.

Room Tip: Match your unit to your needs. I recommend town home units, nicely equipped and good atmosphere. Som...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank NorthWoodsWanderer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

As I write this, I'm literally lying awake at 5 in the morning on one of these horrible Christmas mountain beds. I have literally slept on floors that have been more comfortable. The staff here are just plain ignorant. It's about a 4 mile drive minimum from any dells location, making gas money a little bit on the expensive side. You have to plan your days accordingly as not to waste has going back and forth. We're staying In a cottage, I'm not sure if the 'nicer' cabins have better beds, etc. but, if you want to have a good nights sleep during your time away from work, I'd even sleep at a motel 8 rather than here.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Matt B, Public Relations Manager at Christmas Mountain Village, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Mtaylor0812,
We would like to extend our personal and professional apologizes that your stay & experience was less than perfect. Would you please email me your contact information so we may address your experience. Please email your contact information to matthew.bushweiler@bluegreenvacations.com.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were in a newly renovated unit. It was tastefully done, but cheaply done. By that, I mean the bathroom fixtures weren't the best quality. The shower fixtures were loose. The toilet seat was cheap plastic and not stable. The closets had no rods in them on which to hang clothes. The kitchen sink had no sprayer. These units get a lot of use and I am always struck when quality does not coincide with the heavy usage. The staff was very responsive to our needs when we needed something in the unit. I was a guest of a friend. I don't think I would purchase here.

The grounds around the cabins were not well manicured.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Cdrlinda
West Bend, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We always enjoy our getaways here in Wisconsin Dells. There is a lot of things to do on the property and around the area. Skiing here is good for beginning and intermediate skiers. The golf courses are nice. The units are a little outdated but they are renovating them now. There is an outlet mall in town with a variety of items. The on-site restaurant is nice, has a variety of items and is reasonably priced.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fishers, IN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

My kids and I stayed in the cabins at this resort over New Years of 2013. We skiied at several locations as well as this mountain. The cabins were clean, small but outdated and very rustic. Beds were ok and the kitchen was workable. There are NO extra's here- rustic in every sense of the word. This location definately needs a complete makeover and update and from what we were told they are planning on dropping $35M in the coming year to upgrade this resort. The ski hill was small and there were a lot of kids/people. There is a restaurant onsite but it was only average. I will come back to this place after the upgrade is done and see if it is better.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went on vacation with my family (Mom, Aunt and Sisters) and stayed in a 3BR, 3BA townhome. The townhome was very large with 2 living rooms, 2 kitchens, 3 balconies and sleeps 10. It is older and outdated, but they are in the process of remodeling at the resort. We toured the already remodeled townhome and loved it. This is a great place to spend time with family. The resort is peaceful yet has plenty of activities. Also, you are just minutes from the downtown Wisconsin Dells and all of its attractions.

Room Tip: Some townhomes have lots of stairs. If you are unable to climb stairs, request one with few stairs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I really thought this was a great place. WRONG!!!!! We stayed in a 2 bedroom cottage. I could list what's no broke it would be smaller list. Tv's worked fieplace and the stove. Kitchen faucet coming off, it leaks. Shower leaks. Toilet barely flushes.
The part that really got me is we stayed fo 2 weeks and had to move all our stuff to another cottage for our 2nd week. I was told at chck in by KARA and the assistant manager that wewould NOT have o move. But than JESSICA said absolutely no. We can't acommodate you. And not cause its rented its cause they have maintenance coming way after our reservation. This place is a joke. I will never do this again. I would rather sleep in my truck. Customer service is a 0. Trusting them a 0. Reliability a 0. Wow for such a so called great place.Its not. Get everything in writing. Or stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Matt B, Public Relations Manager at Christmas Mountain Village, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Jim W-

Can you please email me your contact information so we may address your experience. Please email me your contact information to matthew.bushweiler@bluegreencorp.com.

Sincerely
Matt Bushweiler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wisconsin Dells
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wiscons...
#20 of 71 in Wisconsin Dells
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dell...
#3 of 71 in Wisconsin Dells
SpringHill Suites Wisconsin Dells
SpringHill Suites Wisconsin Dell...
#13 of 71 in Wisconsin Dells
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Su...
#6 of 71 in Wisconsin Dells
Tamarack & Mirror Lake, a Festiva Resort
Great Wolf Lodge
Great Wolf Lodge
#11 of 71 in Wisconsin Dells
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,360 reviews

Been to Christmas Mountain Village? Share your experiences!