“Rather stay elsewhere.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chicago, Illinois
“Rather stay elsewhere.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

As I write this, I'm literally lying awake at 5 in the morning on one of these horrible Christmas mountain beds. I have literally slept on floors that have been more comfortable. The staff here are just plain ignorant. It's about a 4 mile drive minimum from any dells location, making gas money a little bit on the expensive side. You have to plan your days accordingly as not to waste has going back and forth. We're staying In a cottage, I'm not sure if the 'nicer' cabins have better beds, etc. but, if you want to have a good nights sleep during your time away from work, I'd even sleep at a motel 8 rather than here.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Matt B, Public Relations Manager at Christmas Mountain Village, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Mtaylor0812,
We would like to extend our personal and professional apologizes that your stay & experience was less than perfect. Would you please email me your contact information so we may address your experience. Please email your contact information to matthew.bushweiler@bluegreenvacations.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were in a newly renovated unit. It was tastefully done, but cheaply done. By that, I mean the bathroom fixtures weren't the best quality. The shower fixtures were loose. The toilet seat was cheap plastic and not stable. The closets had no rods in them on which to hang clothes. The kitchen sink had no sprayer. These units get a lot of use and I am always struck when quality does not coincide with the heavy usage. The staff was very responsive to our needs when we needed something in the unit. I was a guest of a friend. I don't think I would purchase here.

The grounds around the cabins were not well manicured.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Cdrlinda
West Bend, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We always enjoy our getaways here in Wisconsin Dells. There is a lot of things to do on the property and around the area. Skiing here is good for beginning and intermediate skiers. The golf courses are nice. The units are a little outdated but they are renovating them now. There is an outlet mall in town with a variety of items. The on-site restaurant is nice, has a variety of items and is reasonably priced.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fishers, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My kids and I stayed in the cabins at this resort over New Years of 2013. We skiied at several locations as well as this mountain. The cabins were clean, small but outdated and very rustic. Beds were ok and the kitchen was workable. There are NO extra's here- rustic in every sense of the word. This location definately needs a complete makeover and update and from what we were told they are planning on dropping $35M in the coming year to upgrade this resort. The ski hill was small and there were a lot of kids/people. There is a restaurant onsite but it was only average. I will come back to this place after the upgrade is done and see if it is better.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went on vacation with my family (Mom, Aunt and Sisters) and stayed in a 3BR, 3BA townhome. The townhome was very large with 2 living rooms, 2 kitchens, 3 balconies and sleeps 10. It is older and outdated, but they are in the process of remodeling at the resort. We toured the already remodeled townhome and loved it. This is a great place to spend time with family. The resort is peaceful yet has plenty of activities. Also, you are just minutes from the downtown Wisconsin Dells and all of its attractions.

Room Tip: Some townhomes have lots of stairs. If you are unable to climb stairs, request one with few stairs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I really thought this was a great place. WRONG!!!!! We stayed in a 2 bedroom cottage. I could list what's no broke it would be smaller list. Tv's worked fieplace and the stove. Kitchen faucet coming off, it leaks. Shower leaks. Toilet barely flushes.
The part that really got me is we stayed fo 2 weeks and had to move all our stuff to another cottage for our 2nd week. I was told at chck in by KARA and the assistant manager that wewould NOT have o move. But than JESSICA said absolutely no. We can't acommodate you. And not cause its rented its cause they have maintenance coming way after our reservation. This place is a joke. I will never do this again. I would rather sleep in my truck. Customer service is a 0. Trusting them a 0. Reliability a 0. Wow for such a so called great place.Its not. Get everything in writing. Or stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
Matt B, Public Relations Manager at Christmas Mountain Village, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Jim W-

Can you please email me your contact information so we may address your experience. Please email me your contact information to matthew.bushweiler@bluegreencorp.com.

Sincerely
Matt Bushweiler
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We have stayed at CMV numerous times. Although all stays were not perfect, we enjoyed ourselves each time. There was only one time what we had an issue with staff at check in, otherwise, they have always been pleasant and helpful! The facilities are great for kids. They have a clubhouse with numerous activities for kids/families that range from free to a minimal cost not to mention 4 outdoor pools/hottubs (seasonal) and 1 indoor pool and giant outdoor hottub (year round). And of course the skiing, tubing and golfing (depending what season you are there) all located right at the resort. We usually bring our own food but we did eat at Mulligans one one occasion and we all enjoyed out food. I would recommend this place!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Button40
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wisconsin Dells
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wiscons...
#23 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
4.0 of 5 stars 328 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dell...
#6 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
Alakai Hotel and Suites
#36 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
4.0 of 5 stars 176 reviews
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Su...
#9 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
4.0 of 5 stars 727 reviews
Quality Inn Reedsburg
Quality Inn Reedsburg
#3 of 4 in Reedsburg
3.5 of 5 stars 87 reviews

Been to Christmas Mountain Village? Share your experiences!