We stayed at Christmas Mountain in January of 2011 and attended a time share session to get free lift tickets. We decided to buy into the Bluegreen Sampler Package and used some of our points for our stay January 2012. We stayed in a 3 Bedroom Townhome for 5 nights. The townhome was very nice. Bluegreen is in the process of updating all of the units, but not at a very rapid pace. Only one of each unit type has been updated and those are used for tours for the timeshare. Our unit was cozy and roomy. The 3 bedroom is made up of the 1 bedroom side and the 2 bedroom side so there were 2 kitchens, 2 washer/dryers, 2 fireplaces, 2 entrances, 3 patios, 2 living rooms, 3 bathrooms - lots and lots of space.
We had family come up and join us. We were in unit 867 which is located up on top of a very steep hill. I was lucky our unit didn't have many stairs to climb as I have a bad knee and stairs are difficult for me. Some of the units had 25+ steps to climb up to get to the unit - luggage can be a workout! The view was beautiul! We had several days of snow, and getting up and down the hill by car was challenging. We were confined to our unit for almost an entire day due to the inability of cars to pass safely up and down. We watched many people park at the bottom of the hill and walk up to their unit. We enjoyed the day playing board games it was a blessing in disguise. With a unit that sleeps 10 and only parks 2 cars, parking was an issue. If we had more than 2 cars we had to overflow park at the main building which was not close. Also, daily garbage pickup would be nice. Garbage needed to be taken to the dumpster which also was not close.
There is a restaurant (Mulligans) and a snack shop on site, and several great restaruants in town as well. We went to Wal-Mart (5 minute drive) and stocked up on all the food we needed and made most of our meals in our unit. The unit has everything needed to make just about any meal!
Christmas Mountain VIllage is a beautiful property and we love staying there all seasons. I agree with other postings that the property is in need of updates, but as I overheard someone say, think of the outdatedness as rustic. There are just a few things that were bothersome. Lift tickets were pricy especially for staying 6 days. We received a discount on lift tickets because we were owners, but it still added up. Mt. Olympus Resort also in the Dells offers free lift tickets at Christmas Mountain to their guests along with the use of their indoor water and theme parks, but Christmas Mountain offers no recipricating offer. I found it offensive that guests of another resort were able to use the amminties at my resort for free while I had to pay. One night we booked a room at Mt. Olympus just for the lift tickets and use of the Mt.Olympus parks. Christmas Mountain does have a wonderful outdoor hot tub which is always fun in winter!
Ski and Snowboard Rentals were also very pricy. We came home and found skiis on ebay and purchased for next time, much cheaper. We had one pair of skiis we brought with us, but they would not rent only boots to us. Tubing was incredibly over priced. 16 dollars for 2 hours - and the lines were so long I think we got to go down 5 times in that time period. The hill was very busy on Saturday, but the only had one lift running. Not sure why, and the line for the single lift was also very very long.
Don't get me wrong, we had a wonderful trip, and will definately return. Hope the updates happen sooner than later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Christmas Mountain Village, Wisconsin Dells' premier golf and ski resort. Guests of this resort enjoy one of the Dells' best 27-hole championship golf courses and a pristine groomed hill for downhill and cross country skiing in the winter. Offering some of Wisconsin Dells most spacious accommodations, choose from one and two bedroom villas to grand three bedroom townhouses. Rustic log cabins and timbers spaced throughout this expansive resort, give vacationers their own private spot in the woods. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Christmas Mountain Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Christmas Mountain Village Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Christmas Mountain Village Wisconsin Dells
- Christmas Mountain Village Wi Dells