“Exceeds Expectations”

Rick Wilcox Magic Theater
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Rick Wilcox Theater features the Wisconsin Dells illusion show that's on everyone's "things to do in Wisconsin Dells" list of must-see entertainment. A fabulous show for families and anyone looking for a fun, funny and amazing evening! Flawlessly executed by Master Illusionists Rick & Suzan Wilcox. Entertainment at the highest level that "will completely enthrall you", says Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel theater critic Damien Jaques. "The Rick Wilcox Show is the ultimate family show. As good as anything you will see in Las Vegas." Updated every year, this Wisconsin Dells Illusion Show features original fast-paced illusions that keep this awe-inspiring show fresh and fun. After getting to know Rick & Suzan on stage with their easy charm, quick wit and amazing illusions, you'll have a chance to actually meet the stars after the show. It's simply the best of Wisconsin Dells live entertainment! Open year-round.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed May 29, 2009

Great show. Wasn't sure what to expect from a show in the Dells, but it's really a top quality show. Very entertaining. The illusions are amazing, and Rick and Suzan do a great job of presenting and performing the show. Especially liked the dressing room "quick change" illusion -- perfect example of their comedy, chemistry and skills as illusionists. My kids loved it too and bought a magic kit, too. With the DVD that shows you how to perform the tricks and what to say while doing it, even my 6-year-old was doing pretty cool stuff.

4  Thank melonsays

Reviewed April 20, 2009

don't let the cheesy billboards scare you. Our family had a nice evening at the Rick Wilcox show. we were completely entertained the entire 90 minutes. no one wiggled in their seat at all.

I suggest you not buy the most expensive seats. We did, and we were so close to the stage my neck hurt. This was in the third row. Also, remember that this show is a big infomercial for his merchandise. Before the show they sell concessions and the gift shop is open. in the theater before the show and during admission they make something called the "Magic Hand" in which they dip a kids hand into wax and make a hand out of wax for them. $10.00. We didn't do it, but a lot of people did. The kids did seem to enjoy it, but I can find a much better souvenir for $10.

Also, after the show you can pay $!0 for a photo of yourself with Rick and Suzan Wilcox at the "Magic Fireplace".

This is not an inexpensive show. It was $38 per seat for 3rd row. There were two other, lower prices. Kids four and under sit on a parents lap for free.

We did enjoy the show. Rick seems like a nice guy. The chemistry between Rick and Suzan, his wife, is cute. They are both very entertaining and the Magic is performed very professionally. Its like a little bit of Vegas in wisconsin!

2  Thank sunnybrook311
Reviewed February 1, 2009

If you've never been to the Dells before, or your returning for a visit you must see Rick Wilcox Magic Theater. It's not just a magic show it's something that will keep you talking about for years to come. The magic is taken to an extreme were you'll be "owhing" and "awhing" all night.

2  Thank WisconsinRudy77
Reviewed January 31, 2009

My family has been to the Rick Wilcox theater several times. We keep going back because the entertainment is awesome. Our children's eyes are glued to the stage trying to figure out "how'd he do that?" They also have audience participation, which is another plus. One time, my 4-year-old daughter raised her hand to partake in a magic act. She didn't get picked the first time, but she did the second time. She was so excited! I can't explain what that did to her self-esteem that night - feeling like the star of the show for a few minutes! We bought a tape of that show and watch it frequently remembering how cool it was for her to be on stage. We would recommend this event to everyone visiting Wisconsin Dells!

M. Spaude
Wabeno, Wis.

1  Thank BeebopWabeno
Reviewed January 30, 2009

My family and I truly enjoyed the show. It was certainly magical and very memorable. My six year old daughter was very impressed with the performance and she actually took an interest in learning the art of illusion. I am certainly planning to visit the Rick Wilcox Theater with my family again this summer because it certainly provides a unique form of entertainment.

1  Thank SJP1962