“Better than Vegas!!!”

Rick Wilcox Magic Theater
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Rick Wilcox Theater features the Wisconsin Dells illusion show that's on everyone's "things to do in Wisconsin Dells" list of must-see entertainment. A family-friendly magic & comedy show, flawlessly executed by Master Illusionists Rick & Suzan Wilcox. Entertainment at the highest level that "will completely enthrall you", says Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel theater critic Damien Jaques. "The Rick Wilcox Show is the ultimate family show. As good as anything you will see in Las Vegas." Updated every year, this Wisconsin Dells Illusion Show features original fast-paced illusions that keep this awe-inspiring show fresh and fun. After getting to know Rick & Suzan on stage with their easy charm, quick wit and amazing illusions, you'll have a chance to actually meet the stars after the show. It's simply the best of Wisconsin Dells live entertainment! Open year-round.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Better than Vegas!!!”
Reviewed November 13, 2007

Just got back from Vegas and I had to seek out somewhere to write a review on Rick Wilcox as a comparison to the one we saw in Vegas. Rick Wilcox is better by a mile, there is no comparison to the show we saw in Vegas, so save the airfare and drive to the Wisconsin Dells if you are close.
danielschmidt3@comcast.net

3 Thank yeshuas

WI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“AWESOME show!!!”
Reviewed October 13, 2007

This was the best magic show I've ever seen and I've seen them all over the country! It was so fast-paced and upbeat that all 3 of my kids (ages 2, 4,and 7) sat through the whole thing and wanted more. The tricks are amazing, the magician is hilarious, and he and his wife have great personalities on stage. They are just plain fun to watch. It was totally worth the money to sit up close. It's not often that you have the opportunity to see that kind of baffling magic from just a few feet away. My husband and I were as excited as the kids! It's not just a kids' show. I would recommend this one to anyone! Can't wait to go back next year to see what's new.

4 Thank WiMomof3
Ohio
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A bit disappointing....”
Reviewed July 27, 2007

Although the magic was good, I couldn't relax and enjoy it as I felt as though we were being hit up for more money at every turn. When purchasing tickets I was pushed to upgrade to more expensive seats. After paying $112 for 4 people, we were reminded all too often to spend more. There was a young man inviting kids up to have thier hands dipped in wax. After he showed them how it was done and gets them interested he mentions it's $10. We were encouraged to take a "popcorn break" mid way through the show - too short a program for an intermission! And were told we could buy posters to be autographed afterwards.

The show was a bit slow paced, but my kids did enjoy it. I just couldn't get over the fact that I spent so much money for a so-so 90 min.

3 Thank OhioIsHome910
Aurora, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Loved the Rick Wilcox Magic Show”
Reviewed February 23, 2007

I attended this show with my two 7 year old boys. We LOVED the show!! We had a 3 hour drive back home the next morning and all the way, all I heard was "how did he get that car on the stage??" My answer (every time they asked...I'm guessing about 100 times!!) was I don't know how he did ANY of it. Thanks for a great show!! ...it's rare to find a show that's fun for the kids and exciting for the adults to watch too. I hope to get back up there some day and see it again!!

5 Thank Sapphy1228
Chandler, Arizona
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Great Show!! Perfect for a family.”
Reviewed February 5, 2007

We saw this show over MLK weekend in January. It was fantastic. We had seats in the second row but the intimate nature of the theatre means that there is not a bad seat in the house.

The magic is fantastic and is a great blend for adults and kids alike. We were traveling with another family and all of the adults and the kids really enjoyed the show. It is a Vegas quality show in the Dells.

6 Thank Mestermenn