“Great Place For a Wedding”

Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #19 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Janesville, Wisconsin
“Great Place For a Wedding”
Reviewed November 18, 2008

My husband and I just had our rehersal dinner and wedding reception at the Wintergreen and it couldn't have gone better. Shirley was so helpful in the sales office and everything went off without a hitch. The food and service was great and we got so many compliments about how great of a party it was. Thanks Wintergreen!

• Liked — The wedding facilities, the staff, and the shopping right next door.
  • Disliked — Not much.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank B_Kass_8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Madison
Reviewed October 27, 2008

I would encourage my friends and family to stay at this hotel at any time! We were treated very professionally, and it is an extremely friendly place! Compared to many the other places in the Dells, it is MUCH quieter! We liked that alot! My girlfriend and I had what you would call a Romantic Weekend Getaway, and this was the perfect place for it! Close to everything, yet quiet and classy!

Room was clean and didn't smell like smoke! The manager even checked with us to see how are weekend was! We got some great suggestions on places to eat, and even went to a show!

Thanks!

Brian-Madison

Stayed October 2008
1 Thank Krovy
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed October 5, 2008

My wife and I had the misfortune to stay at the Wintergreen "Resort" and Conference Center. Our room was 121, but I have a feeling that every room is just as bad. Frayed and worn drapes, a broken down sofa, peeling wallpaper and light fixtures that were barely attached to the wall. The room reeked of cigarette smoke. This was the first hotel where I wore my socks all the time. We stayed here becuase of a conference in which my wife participated. While setting up and taking down her exhibit the "sales and convention" staff were virtually helpless....except for one lady and the maintainence man. When it came time to take down the exhibit we came up short one large shipping box, and it turned out that one of the "convention" staff "thought" somebody else might have used it to pack their materials. The materials were supposed to be secure. This was just a nasty motel that had nothing remotely connected to a top quality hotel or a conference center. There are plenty of properties looking for conference / convention in Wisconsin Dells. Thy them first!

• Liked — The smokey bar.
  • Disliked — The filthy room.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank mascara1
Wisconsin
Reviewed September 14, 2008

From the moment I stepped in the hotel I knew I was going to have a wonderful stay!! The front desk was welcoming and the room was perfect! From the resturant to the pool area, everything was wonderful. By far the best place to stay in Wisconsin Dells!

• Liked — Everything!!
  • Disliked — Nothing..Everything was wonderful!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank crazykat_8
Madison, WI
Reviewed September 12, 2008

I was there this summer. I enjoyed my stay mostly because the staff was so friendly and helpful. I got a chance to look around and think the conference room would be perfect for my next big event in the Dells

• Liked — The staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Missdawn
WI
Reviewed September 11, 2008

Staying at the Wintergreen resort was a great experience. We were treated like family. Our room was very clean, and the service was excellent. I would advise anyone to stay there, Also, the restaurant had very good service and great food choices.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank WiTractorman
Madison
Reviewed September 10, 2008

I have been staying at the Wintergreen for several years. It is not one of the big, waterpark themed places. In fact, I am with a company that holds many programs there and the service, friendlieness is excellent. They always make us feel welcome, the food is great and so are the people. They are very accommodating and can beat most of the larger hotels in the area in pricing. I like to think of it as "going home".

Stayed December 2007