“Best value in Wisconsin Dells!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center

Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #21 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Middleton, Wisconsin
“Best value in Wisconsin Dells!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I have two grandkids, 12 and 13, who had been begging to go to Noah's Ark Waterpark but I wasn't sure if it was worth staying overnight because we are only an hour from the Dells. However, I had always wanted to go on the Ducks and see the Tommy Bartlett show so I thought maybe we could turn a day at Noah's Ark into a real summer vacation if the rooms weren't too expensive. I asked a friend whose company always goes to the Dells for their meetings if she knew of any places that were nice but reasonable and she immediately said the only place to go was Wintergreen Resort. Even though I read some reviews about the resort being out-dated I decided to take my friend's advice and check out the resort's website. All I can say is… I am so glad I did! As soon as I found out their rooms included Noah's Ark tickets it was a no brainer, we were going to try this resort out! I personally liked the resort's Victorian decor. It has a cozy charm that reminds me of some of the bed and breakfasts I have stayed at out East. The kids spent 2 full days at Noah's and the other day exploring with us. We ended up having really fun and very affordable summer vacation. Thank you Wintergreen, we will be back again next year!

Room Tip: I guess some people might complain because everything isn't shiny and new but the staff was frie...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Wintergreen2285, Guest Relations Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for that sparkling review! We are so humbly pleased that you gave us a shot and were so pleased with everything. Please be sure to pass on our thanks to your friend that recommended us and we hope to see you again and again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Stratford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Front desk customer service better than any other hotel in town. Noahs arc tickets made our stay a good deal. Balconies in rooms a nice touch. Location couldnt be better. Rooms clean and updated. Bathrooms small but fridge and counter a nice touch. We would go back.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
We would love to see you again soon! Thanks for the glowing review. We are so pleased that everything was to your liking and our front desk staff was so amazing!
Hartland, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is my fourth year staying at the Wintergreen with my daughter and two grand daughter ages 8 and 11. They really love staying there. They have stayed at the bigger hotels in the dells but this is the one they choose every year. The staff is excellent i usually work with Kitty she is so understanding and accomadating to your needs. The hotel was very clean our room was also clean the beds were comfortable. The pools are in great condition and kept clean all the time. So another year with my special girls was very succesful they had a blast never even left to go to Noah,s Ark which would have been free they just wanted to swim ther. Thanks again Joanne

Room Tip: pool side room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks for the wonderful reviewing and coming to see us again and again. We love to have you hear and we are so lucky to have Kittie! We hope to see you again soon!
Manteno, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Upon checking into Wintergreen, our room gave me a few reasons to give a less than stellar review. A broken chair and the freezer was completely frosted over, not allowing the door to close. HOWEVER, after letting them know about the issues, it was taken care of 100% within ten minutes! Different chair and fridge, all was good!

The room was very clean as was the rest of the facility. Aside from some worn, peeling wallpaper in the room, everything else was great. We had a handicapped room, so it had a nice higher toilet and plenty of grab bars. I prefer a roll in shower of an accessible tub, but non were available. No big deal.

Check in/out was quick and no problems were encountered. The indoor and outdoor "water parks" are old school and don't stand up to today's high end parks. But that is exactly what I wanted! I can't enjoy monster sized places, so Wintergreen was just what I needed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Wintergreen2285, Guest Relations Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thanks so much for the wonderful review! We are so glad our staff was quick to respond to your concerns. We hope to see you back again soon!
St. Peters, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We decided on this hotel after opting out of a different hotel. The hotel definitely needs updating. The front desk staff were extremely nice and helpful. I liked the idea of two bedrooms in the room. The beds themselves were extremely hard. My kids really enjoyed the mini waterpark at the hotel and spent a couple of hours just playing. We also liked the included passes to Noah's Ark. My husband complained about the smell of the room and hotel, it was pretty bad. We could hear kids running on the floor above us until pretty late both nights we were there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review and will definitely be looking into some of those things. We are always in the process of trying to update the resort so we hope that you will visit again soon and be pleasantly surprised with the changes!
Stronghurst, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed here on our pre-honeymoon since we will have no time to go anywhere after our wedding. Being that it was only 4 hours away, this seemed perfect for my fiance and I. The desk clerks were beyond nice. We received tickets to Noah's Ark along with a coupon book for major attractions, the outlet mall, and restaurants in the area. Kitty and Janessa were super sweet and gave us advise on attractions and restaurants. The hotel was clean, very very hot water, nice water pressure, and the pool area was very clean. This is definitely a family hotel and the kids we saw during our stay seemed to really enjoy the pool area; as did we (my fiance and I are really big kids) . My only concern is the bedding. They do not replace your bedding when they clean the room, but instead just make the bed as is.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank ClssyCntry89
Wintergreen2285, Guest Relations Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and congratulations! We hope you come back and visit. And don't be shy, we would be happy to change the sheets at your request next time. Many happy wishes for your wedding!
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Don't stay here!!!
Specially on the 4th of July.
My husband and I had gone out to eat that Saturday evening. When we returned, all the parking spots were taken. Apparently every year on the 4th of July, people from other hotels use their parking lot to park their cars so they can watch the fire works!?
Frustrated with this I went to the front desk, for assistance, on where I should park? However, all I got was an eye roll, from the manager on duty. You would think she would do something like hire security, or put up a sign: Parking for Customers Only, All Others Towed At
Owners' Expense. Or even apologize?!?!
We will continue to visit the Dells, however we will NOT be staying here in the near future.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank 2014Gracie
We regret that you felt neglected by our staff. It is a popular place to watch the fireworks since we are so close, however no one has previously expressed concern about parking in the past. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention and I assure you we will consider your suggestions for the following years. It is regretful that our oversight put a damper on your vacation.