We wanted to go to a hotel with a pool for a night with our 18 month old son. We are from IL near the Wisconsin border and I had the bright idea to go the dells. We picked the wintergreen resort because the price was right and the indoor pool was geared toward toddlers. We added a night to our stay to avoid a snowstorm in IL. The Wintergreen resort added a night with no questions asked and were very accommodating. I called and said we were going to be late (we arrived at 8:30pm) which was not a problem at all. After I checked in and got my room keys I had to carry my sleeping son in, the lady at the front desk offered me extra pillows and walked with me to our room she also helped open the door for me.
Pro's - everyone is very nice. Room is very clean. Location is fabulous. Breakfast at the hotel restaurant was good and very convenient. We had the buffet at breakfast there was ham, sausage, biscuits and gravy, fresh pineapple and watermelon, sticky buns, donuts, scrambled eggs (which were perfectly cooked), pecan baked French toast, cheesy potatoes, and pancakes. The indoor Waterpark was geared towards toddlers which is what we were looking for. The front desk turned on Waterpark when we asked and we were the only ones using it at 9:30 am.
Some cons - let me first say that we got what we expected and loved our weekend getaway. But there were a couple things I would suggest for improvements. The heater in the room is hard to figure out. And in fact took us all night to learn how to turn it on. A quick explanation when we checked in would have helped us sleep better the first night. We figured it out about 4am and have been warm since then. The indoor pool is chilly for it being 7F outside. I would suggest that the heat be turned up in the pool just a tiny bit in the middle of winter. The indoor pool area could use some fresh paint but was perfect for my toddler so we were satisfied. Only other suggestion is to provide a do not disturb door hanger. The cleaning crew knocked on the door while my toddler was taking his nap. They didn't know he was sleeping but if I had a door hanger it would have solved that issue completely.
All in all we are enjoying our stay and would recommend this hotel to our family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wintergreen Resort is perfect for your next meeting, group function, or family vacation. Relax and enjoy our indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna, and children's water facilities. Our convenient onsite restaurant and lounge are sure to please any appetite. If searching for a romantic getaway, our whirlpool rooms will accommodate every couple with room service and special packages. Centrally located just off I90 makes it a perfect location for all to visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wintergreen Resort And Conference Center
- Wintergreen Wisconsin Dells
- Wintergreen Resort Wisconsin Dells