“Horrible Customer Service”

Ranked #20 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
illinois
“Horrible Customer Service”
Reviewed August 21, 2008

The hotel itself is not bad at all. The customer service is a different issue. I checked in late and was told to come to the front desk in the morning for my tickets for mt. olympus. I went to the front desk in the morning and lady at the front desk said i am not eligible due to the fact that i got a discounted rate which i opted not to choose because it worked out better paying the full price in order to receive my tickets. I was upset because i was basically being called a liar indirectly. She ended up giving me the tickets after checking me under someone else's name and a different time. Bottom Line....they need to work on the customer service skills especially if it is a "family owned" business. I would expect better customer service.

• Liked — pretty decent room
  • Disliked — customer service by the front desk and the restaurant in the morning....horrible waitress
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank geminiiii1974

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
chicago
Reviewed August 16, 2008

The hotel is old, moldy, and have a terrible smell. The morning staffs were rude and impolite (didn't even smile to welcome you) but the night shifters (except the night manager) were very respectful and friendly. The night manager should be fired for her incompetence in handling even a petty public relations issue. I had a small concern and was very professional and calm when I told her about the issue but she raised her voice as if I don't have the right to complain. She just did the talking endlessly and never listened to what I have to say. She should enroll in customer service class to learn how to settle differences with clients in a very nice acceptable way (win-win situation for both parties).

Setting my personal issue aside, this hotel is good if this is the last hotel available in Wisconsin dells. The indoor and outdoor pools pale in comparison to Great Wolfe. If you consider their rate at $114 for a night and $159 for the same room at Great Wolfe and compare the quality of each hotel's service and amenities, the $45 difference is worth at Great Wolfe. Not putting into consideration the kind of treatment you get from Wintergreen were they treat you like a trash (maybe because the hotel is so cheap that they can't afford to train or hire people with good public relation skills).

With my bad experience with this hotel, I definitely will not comeback nor recommend it to my friends. I can stand the physical condition of the hotel AND the limitation of their facilities, but I can't stand the way they treat their guests. GUESTS HERE ARE TREATED LIKE PESTS- THEY DON'T GIVE A DAMN.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank tagpikong
Florida
Reviewed August 6, 2008

We had a Jaccuzzi suite, the tub was big enough for two. The king size bed was okay, the mattress is getting old.
They have two outdoor hot tubs, both very nice, pretty area.
We liked that it was next to the Tanger Outlet Mall and many other things, so we could just walk.
Staff were very helpful and polite.

1 Thank Doreen V
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 3, 2008

Traveled with family of 5, needed a good size room. This hotel had 2 queens and pull out sofa. We researched a lot of hotels and wanted something with a good rate, pool area and tickets to one of the larger water parks. This hotel provided all of that (included 2 tickets to Mt. Olympus and other 3 were 20.00 each). Other reviews talk about out dated hotel but for the price we thought it was fine. If ur going to spend a lot of time in ur room staring at the old wallpaper and furniture then its not for u. While the pool areas cld use a good paint job (big slide was OTS while we were there), my kids still enjoyed it even after spending all day at the water parks. My biggest complaint is that the parks and hotel pools all seem to close by 10pm -if not earlier. Most hotels have pools open til 11pm, ud think the Dells (water park capital of the world) would be open later.

• Liked — price, pool, water park tickets
  • Disliked — pool closes too early
1 Thank Coach96
Chicago
Reviewed July 31, 2008

We payed about 126 for a family room w/2 queens and a sofa bed. The mattresses on the beds were very soft and 'mushed' down as soon as you sat on one. I have arthritis in my back and was unable to sleep for more than 4 hours on one. The sofa "bed" was worse - its mattress was so flattened out that you could feel the big support bar running underneath it. Our 2 teenage sons woke up sore and crabby after 1 night and refused to sleep on it again. We complained to the desk and they offered us some extra blankets to pad the mattress. The TV service did not have many channels, and the TV was small. The balcony floor was peeling paint. The indoor pool was VERY warm, like a giant hot tub, but clean. The outdoor pool was warm (but not too warm), but the big slide there was only open about 2 hours each day since they had to hire 2 lifeguards to stand by it whenever kids were using it. Our younger kids were very disappointed. DON"T TRY the restaurant!!! We order omelets and they grilled them in some kind of strange grease that tasted awful. The cheese omelet had almost no cheese, and service was marginal.

• Liked — Proximity to Dells attractions & restaurants, free tickets to Mt. Olympus
  • Disliked — Beds, Restaurant, Internet service,
illinois
Reviewed July 25, 2008

I read the reviews for this hotel and it was mostly true. The beds were ROCK hard. I could not wait to go home to sleep in my bed. But the pool and water activity were geared toward young children, I don't think if you had children above above five they will enjoy their stay here. The location is o.k. but you can do better if you have older children or no children at all.

• Liked — location for young children
  • Disliked — the beds
1 Thank IllinoisMailman
kristin689
Reviewed July 21, 2008

My 2 best friends and I stayed at the Wintergreen for 2 nights. Because we went during midweek, each night was $127. We also recieved 2 free tickets to Mount Olympus, and a 50% off voucher for each additional ticket to M.O. The hotel was nice but the hallways are either freezing cold or humid. The hotel has 1 computer in the lobby with free internet use, but the internet is slower than any other computer I've been on before. The pool was fun; the water temperature was absolutely amazing, along with the jacuzzis. The staff was also nice; my friend lost her key card at the pool so I traded in my key card too and we got new keys without any hassle. The beds were comfy, except that the pillows were flat, uneven on one side, and just plain uncomfortable. The tv was kind of small with few channels, but that didn't really bother us since we were out of the room most of the time. Also, there was no type of rubber shower mat on the bottom of the tub, so my friends and I almost fell literally 10 times because it was so slippery. Overall, I liked the hotel. It was clean, fun, and a good time.

• Liked — pools, customer service
  • Disliked — hotel room temperature
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends