“Weekend Getaway”

Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #24 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center in the Dells. We loved it. The staff are friendly and helpful and it is within walking distance of many shops and a short distance from the outlet mall. We also liked it because it is not as large as the waterparks where you have to walk a mile to get anywhere. All of the front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was excellent, the service was good and again the staff were very friendly. One night the bartender went to the kitchen, even though it was closed, to get me some ice tea. That wouldn't happen in a large facility. The room was clean and nice and the rates are reasonable.

Wish we could have stayed longer. We definitely will stay again.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for a room recommendation. Tell them what you are looking for and what you like...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Wintergreen2285, Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Hello! Thank you for your review! We are so lucky to have had you stay with us on your "weekend getaway". The Wintergreen Resort is nearby to many places to eat and walking distance to Tanger Outlet Mall (make sure to pick up your mall coupon!) We are a smaller, family-owned hotel which makes it nice to get from one area to another with little hassle. Thank you for the compliments on the front desk staff and breakfast buffet (what a treat!). Our staff will do whatever we are able to, to help make your stay with us the best it can be. We're glad you enjoyed your visit to Wisconsin Dells and hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 8/25-8/26 2013 and it was horrible. The outside pool area was limited due to the slide being closed. The whirlpool jets did not work. The inside pool was also limited since all the kids area was taped off. The bar was closed so I was not able to get the 3 dollar drinks as advertised. We stayed on the 2nd floor and someone was making a lot of noise above us. I called the front desk to ask if they could do something. After 30 mins I walked to front desk, she informed me she was alone and could not leave the desk to take care of it. So I went up to 3rd floor and knocked on door and asked if they could keep it down. I went back to the room and the noise continued till 12:45 am.

2  Thank Robert C
Wintergreen2285, Guest Relations Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Hello Robert C,

We are so disappointed that you had such an unpleasant stay with us. Our outdoor slide is open in the summertime (weather permitting) 2-6pm daily. I do hope that you let us know about the whirlpool jets so we could look into that right away, and I'm sorry that a portion of the indoor waterpark was closed for maintenance during your stay. Our lounge/bar is open daily in the summertime for our happy hour specials and buy one get one coupons. We regret that you did not get more consideration from the room above you, and even worse that you got the feeling that it was not important to us. Our guest's comfort is our top priority, and we hope that you might give us another opportunity to express that. Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback, and we wish you happy travels where ever you go!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Although I have stayed at Wintergreen in the past, and always had a superior experience while there, I had decided to stay elsewhere during a recent trip to the Dells. Big mistake! On Day One I drove to the Wintergreen to ask about a room for the next several nights, and was greeted with the greatest respect and friendly service. Front desk clerk Danielle was outstanding. She found exactly the room I needed, at a great rate, and continued to serve with a smile throughout my stay. The grounds are spotless, the room clean and comfortable, the pools were very well maintained. Housekeeping was a little sloppy in making up the room, but I was able to overlook that, all things considered. I highly recommend the Wintergreen Resort and I will not stay any other place in the Dells.

Room Tip: I had a room near the pool and did not hear any pool noise after the doors were closed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. This is exactly what we strive to achieve with our guests as we pride ourselves in our customer service. We have told housekeeping they did not do a satisfactory job and they need to step it up another knotch. We are, although, happy to know our front desk and hotel staff are doing their job making you feel comfortable. We look forward to you staying with us again. Thank you.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Just returned from a 1 night stay - wish it could have been more! We wanted a hotel w/ waterpark suited for young children, this couldn't have been more perfect! If you don't like all of the crowds at the bigger waterparks in the Dells, and aren't looking for huge waterslides, you should stay here! The price couldn't have been more reasonable, hotel was clean, room was very nice, loved the private balcony for each room, not crowded at all, and the staff was so friendly (Kittie became a quick friend - especially to my 5 year old son), We spent all day between the indoor and outdoor waterparks, which is totally perfect for families with young children. We could not get my son or daughter off the white slide in the indoor park! The water in both parks was nice and warm - we enjoyed it very much! My son would be disappointed if I didn't mention his new BFF "Shivers" the Polar Bear who greets every guest in the lobby. Nice touch for the kids.
Very kid friendly place, would highly recommend. We'll be back this winter for sure!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

It's so wonderful to hear from such a great guest! We are so pleased you were "Pleasantly Surprised..." with your stay here. We're glad you were able to take advantage of both our inside and outside pool areas with your children.

Shivers is a nice "touch". You've got to get your picture taken with him when you stay at the Wintergreen Resort- he loves being in photos. Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and myself just stayed there on August 16, 2013 and I have to say that I really loved it. When we walked in I was immediately greeted by Kittie and she was awesome and she made us feel right at home and she explained the hotel to us and she gave a room right away, we did not have to wait! My room was a Jacuzzi with a King size bed and we were amazed how clean it was and the people there are very attentive and very helpful with questions that you might have. Even though we stayed one night we will be back. We also went to eat the next morning in their restaurant and the food was awesome (we even heard some people say how nice and hot they keep the buffet). Thank you so much for making us feel right at home. Also, Samantha was very nice as well. I definitely recommend this hotel to couples and especially with kids. Thank you Kittie and Samantha. See you guys soon!

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor and we could open the patio door and see the Tanger Mall from there...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review on the Wintergreen Resort. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us in one of our Superior Whirlpool rooms (one king bed, in-room jacuzzi, and pull out sofa sleeper). We're glad you noticed our employees attentiveness to guests as we try to do whatever we can to help make your stay as enjoyable as we can.

The restaurant on site is an excellent addition and adds to much convenience when stayed. It is open 7am- 2pm and you can get a 10% coupon off your bill from us when checking in. There also is a lounge on-site, which offers "happy hour" specials (buy one drink, get a rail drink FREE from 5pm-7pm).

We appreciate your kind words and cannot wait for you to come visit us again! Thanks again.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My daughter and son in law had the most bueatiful wedding at the wintergreen. The resort was clean and everyone was so friendly and very helpful. From reservations to Shirley the head of all the wedding arangements. The bartender in the lounge was great and lots of fun. They went out of their way to do anything to help us out for the wedding. Absolutely wonderful. I completely recemend this resort even for a one nite stay. the beds were comfortable and rooms were very clean. Enjoyed it very much. Darlene W

Room Tip: We had 1st floor with patio doors toward the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

The staff at the Wintergreen Resort feels privilaged to be a part of your daughter and son in law's special day. It's wedding blocks like yours which make it fun and an honor. The Grand Ballroom is an absolutely stunning location for receptions and,, in fact we have also had many wedding ceremonies held in there as well. We have several other meeting spaces which can be transformed into lovely areas for receptions as well, meetings, or hospitality rooms for reunions and get-to-togethers. The group department can help you find exactly what will work best for you.

We are so happy everything turned out so perfectly and cannot wait for you to come back and see us again!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We decided on Wintergreen Resort after many hours of price checking and size of the resorts. It's not a fancy upscale hotel but exactly what we hoped for. Very clean and comfortable. The microwave and frig was a plus. We didn't want to go to a large resort as we wanted to do the other Dells attractions, but wanted a nice hotel at a moderate price. Wintergreen totally fit for us. I needed a room for 6 and the room we requested was 2 queens and a sofabed. Perfect! When I called the very patient woman at reservations didn't rush me and gave me so much information on the hotel. I wish I would have gotten her name to thank her. You get many coupons for the attractions and the front desk clerk was very helpful and smiled when we walked in. The kids are 7, 9 & 11 and they loved the inside pool with the slide as it was shallow as they don't swim much. They didn't go into the other inside pool much as that started at 3 feet deep and the adults didn't go swimming. They enjoyed the pools outside too but it was a bit cool in the evening. We didn't eat at the restaurant so I can't comment on that. I'm sure we will go back.

Room Tip: Make sure you call the hotel and don't book online as they have even better prices. Our 2nd flo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. It's always helpful to know how we're doing and it sounds like (to you) we're doing alright! We're so happy the reservationist was able to find a room to accomodate your needs so perfectly. We do have several different room types (i.e. two room suites which hold four and six, whirlpool suites, standard queen and king rooms, etc) so there are many options to choose from. We're glad you let us know exactly what you were looking for so we could help make you as comfortable as possible.

The pool areas are perfect for kids around 10 and under. Inside there's a 50 ft slide with play area, regular sized pool with basket ball hoop, and jacuzzi. Outside there's a 100 ft slide, 7 areas to swim, waterfalls, playground and another water play area for the smaller of our guests.

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we can't wait to have you back. We have some excellent deals/specials, so make sure you ask!