Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$153
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$163
$140
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$149
All Star Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$109
AmericInn by Wyndham Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$170
$153
Alakai Hotel and Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$109
Black Hawk Motel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$139
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$166
Delton Grand Resort & Spa(Wisconsin Dells)
$290
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
$270
All reviewspolar bearoutlet mallhospitality roomfamily reunionfront desk staffthe outdoor pool arearooms were very cleanbasketball hoopwonderful staywhirlpool suitesmall childrenking beddells attractionsyoung kidsnoah's arkupon checkhot tub
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was a good stay, but somewhat like a step back in time. I can't remember the last time I had a 19 inch CRT TV in a hotel room. The decor was all 1980's. Amazingly, in the conference room the curtains matched the wallpaper.

The bar had a friendly bartender, with personal service. Only two of us were in the bar during Monday Night football.

If you're looking for a place without too much excitement, this is it. If you don't plan to spend time at the hotel, this is it. If you have a family looking for fun at the resort, this isn't it.

Not bad for a conference, but not for family destination.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank timskumwi
Wintergreen2285, Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

I am so happy that you felt you took a step back in time! We wanted you to! This is back to the 1880's as we are decorated in a Victorian decor, from our cuplulason the roof to the Victorian flowered wallpaper and carpets in the hotel. We are glad you got the message, and by the way, we're not even built yet in the 1980's.
I am not sure about your comment about the draperies in the conference room. All of our meeting rooms have blinds except for the Grand Ballroom which we just redecorated at Christmas. It is the only room with draperies and it does not have wallpaper, rather it is beautifully decorated with chair rail and crown molding. Some of our guest rooms still have traditional 25" TVS, but we are graduatlly replacing them with flat screen TVs.
We have hosted thousands of meetings and conventions at the hotel and our quiet atmosphere and friendly staff and customer service is one of the reasons why so many of them return year after year. Our lack of excitement is condusive to their need of quiet so that their attendees can concentrate in their meetings.
However, come back and see us on weekends, spring break or summer and you will see plenty of activity! Sports teams, weddings and family reunions love our facility and have a great time in both our outdoor and indoor waterpark areas in the summer.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and thanks for your comments.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I were very pleased with my stay at the Wintergreen Resort. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and always willing to go the extra mile to make our stay as pleasant as possible. My husband and I have stayed here several times and each time they were amazing to us no matter who was working. The rooms were very clean and I was excited to see some new changes in the look of them! The newly remodeled ballroom looks amazing as well. We have recommended this hotel to several of our family and friends traveling to the Dells and will continue to do so in the future. We look forward to our next trip to the Dells and our stay with the Wintergreen Resort!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wintergreen2285, Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to review the Wintergreen Resort; it's always great to hear from returning guests. The changes being made to the rooms are exciting and will renovations will continue to keep up with the Victorian theme throughout the hotel. Thank you for recommending us to your family and friends- we can't wait for them to stay with us and make memories with us as well. We look forward to your visit back here!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

If you are looking for a place to hold a quilter's retreat, The Wintergreen Resort is the place for you. I have been a part of several quilt retreats at The Wintergreen and have nothing but great things to say about them. I have food allergies and they have been able to meet my needs. Everyone there is more than happy to help you in any way that they can. The rooms are always clean and if you need something they will do whatever they can to help. They have a wonderful large conference room. With lots of windows to let the light in which makes it wonderful for sewing. Of course, the room has many other uses, but I like to think of it as the perfect spot to gather with my quilting friends and enjoy a weekend of talking, laughing and sewing. If you are looking for a great place to get together for whatever the reason, The Wintergreen Resort will serve you well!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Wintergreen2285, Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

It's great to hear from one of our quilters! We enjoy having your groups staying with us as well! The Grand Teton does work very well especially for quilting groups with the amount of space and right off the elevator. We're glad you've enjoyed your stays with us; we can't wait to have you all back again!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My employer has learned the value of choosing the Wintergreen Resort and Conference Center for day long meetings and trainings for staff gathering from throughout Wisconsin. The conference rooms are great, the service, coffee provided and meals excellent and the staff eager to accommodate any requests or resolve any concerns that may arise which have been rare.

I have attended several day long meetings at Wintergreen the past year, some of which required overnight stays. I love staying at Wintergreen. Besides being convenient with a nice indoor stroll to my conference room, the guest rooms are nice, clean and have great amenities. The staff are excellent and you feel like more than just a reservation as I have been made to feel at some of the much larger hotels in the area. You feel like your friends are checking you in and sincerely want your stay to be pleasant. They have a nice restaurant that really does have the best pancakes in town as advertised and I am hard to please when it comes to pancakes. Wintergreen has a nice little indoor water park, gift store and lounge. They are located in a great part of town, close to the interstate, theater, outlet, craft and antique malls and casino. I can no longer see myself staying anywhere else when staying in the Dells.

Room Tip: I have always found the place quiet and guests respectful in keeping the noise down. However, to assure less traffic in the halls when busier, I prefer the second or third floor farther away from the desk area.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. It's so nice to hear from not only a returning guests but a guest part of a group as well. We're happy to hear your experiences staying at the Wintergreen Resort have been satisfactory for you and we look forward to many more meetings you have here with us. We are lucky to be a smaller hotel which we can look at our guests and know many of our returning guests- you are not just guests in our hotel, but do become our friends. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I would recommend the Wintergreen Resort and conference center to anyone! The have amazing guest service. The are clean and friendly and very accommodating the best place I have ever stayed!!!!!! Most places in the dells have huge water parks which are nice but they don't really focus on guest service. Wintergreen resort does and always will. I want to thank them for being so accommodating and friendly to our family. I will most certainly be back!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Wintergreen2285, Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

The Wintergreen staff would like to thank you for noticing our guest service. We strive to give to our guests we possibly can and will go about it however is necessary. We do have a pool area with pool, jacuzzi, and play area for kids- a place to fill some down time and have fun. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to you coming back to see us.