I arrived a bit early and had been feeling quite poorly for a few days. My husband was to join me the next day after attending a train show in Milwaukee.
I was greeted by a very nice hospitality coordinator @ the front desk. (Patty) I told her that I don't use names in my reviews but I must make an exception here because she was so friendly and accommodating. Obviously a woman that enjoys her work and cares about customer care and quality service.
She explained that I was a bit early but the room was ready. Because of me being unwell she offered me the room immediately.
The room was quite large with two beds and had the amenities I adore when traveling. Fridge, Microwave, etc....very clean and elegantly decorated room. I was hesitant about our room being so close to the front desk but the staff was always quiet and courteous about that.
It is easier and more cost effective to go to the local Walmart to get supplies and some food items if you are to stay for awhile. They do have a nice restaurant/grille on site, however.
I had one major complaint. I absolutely refuse to tolerate rude staff. I don't care what your personal life contains....when you work you leave your snottiness and childlike attitude @ home. I found these qualities in the middle of the night.
As stated I couldn't sleep because the mattresses were very firm and I'm nocturnal. My iPad was working fine with the hotel Wi-Fi. But it doesn't have Adobe Flash and I had a e-card in my email that I wanted to see. I felt maybe it would cheer me up a bit. What was to follow didn't make me feel better at all.
I decided to ask if the hotel had a public computer. I approached the desk and there was a younger woman sitting there. Immediately she presented herself like I was inconveniencing her for asking about a public computer. Before I even got to the computer she stated "Don't mess with the settings". I was stunned that this sarcastic and obviously displaced desk person was having serious attitude issues. I responded by saying that I don't make it a practice to alter the settings on computers that don't belong to me.
I was using the computer and needed to ask if there was sound because I couldn't hear anything from the e-card. She stated "Do you see any speakers"? I was appalled! I finished up and logged out and went back to my room being not only sick and tired but now very upset. I don't know why this woman is working in the hospitality industry. It's apparent from her manner that she isn't happy with her job and isn't in any way a people person.
We left a day early for several reasons but (Patty) was the shining light in this whole stay here and we would come back only in knowing that the woman that works nights had been moved to another department or maybe on days where her horrific people skills can be monitored and perhaps a more suitable job can be found for her. I would have given this beautiful hotel a higher rating but customer service is almost everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wintergreen Resort is perfect for your next meeting, group function, or family vacation. Relax and enjoy our indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna, and children's water facilities. Our convenient onsite restaurant and lounge are sure to please any appetite. If searching for a romantic getaway, our whirlpool rooms will accommodate every couple with room service and special packages. Centrally located just off I90 makes it a perfect location for all to visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wintergreen Resort And Conference Center
- Wintergreen Wisconsin Dells
- Wintergreen Resort Wisconsin Dells