“Great Stay!”

Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #25 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed at the Wintergreen this past weekend, and let me tell you, it was amazing! We went into our room, a two room suite with two couch sleepers, a king bed, and a whirlpool. It was very clean. The hotel is a nice place too. It comes packaged with several ballrooms, a restaurant with a Breakfast buffet on weekends, a lounge, two mini waterparks, and a lovely lobby with a rather large polar bear. The room was great. I spent both nights on the sofa sleepers, and it was a great sleep. They're comfortable sleepers, and I enjoyed that. The televisions in both rooms came with over 50 channels for our disposal. My family especially enjoyed Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, The Food Network, and Discovery Channel. When it was time to check out, we went into the lobby as they were checking out a large group, we thought we would have to wait. Someone came up to us and asked our room number. We said our room number, they gave us our receipt and said "Thanks for staying with us" I was amazed! I thought we would have to wait behind this group. All and all, great stay, and for a great price too. Only $100 something a night, it was amazing!

Room Tip: Lower floor suites are really nice!
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

We are so happy you enjoyed your time at our resort. The luxury suites are one of my favorite rooms in the hotel. There are two options, one with two queen beds in the second room or two sofa sleepers. Both are excellent choices and as you stated- especially for the price! The on-site restaurant, lounge and pool areas help to make our guests stay very convenient. We do have over 50 channels with our television company. The front desk tries to do everything possible to make the check-in and check-out procedures go smoothly and efficiently. We are glad to hear that you noticed! We cannot wait for your return visit to the Wintergreen!

There are newer reviews for Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center

Reviewed June 23, 2012

My daughter had her wedding reception at the WIntergreen and everything was just perfect. The food was wonderful and I can't say enough about the staff. We enjoyed our stay very much, the room are comfortable and we loved having a balcony.

1  Thank GrandmaJJ
Wintergreen2285, Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for your positive comments on our resorts. We appreciate the kind words about our staff and our facility. We are so glad we were able to help to make your daughter’s day special. The chefs that prepare the food for the receptions do a wonderful job as well! If you enjoyed the food at the reception, make sure to check out our on-site restaurant open for breakfast and lunch 7am to 2pm. The balcony rooms are great and you can also ask for those rooms with patios and balconies that overlook the outdoor pool areas. We can’t wait for your return. Thank you again!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We had a fantastic time for our stay back in Feb. The staff were very helpful and very accomodating. The rooms were very clean and all in all
it was a wonderful weekend. We will definately come back and let our friends know.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank HEIDI L
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Thank you for your comment about our hotel! We appreciate you noticing the fine details we put into the service here. We pride ourselves on our customer service and cleanliness so we’re glad you noticed! We can’t wait to have you come back….and, yes, bring your friends!

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Shivers is the giant polar bear that lives in the entrance of the hotel and one of the reasons my kids wanted to go back to Wintergreen. They also love the pool area because it is just the right size for them to go down the waterslide by themselves. The staff is friendly and helpful. They made our weekend away an enjoyable one!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Robert B
Kittie2285, Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2012

We are so glad you enjoy Shivers as much as we do! He is a very popular bear with the guests. The pool areas are perfect for kids and the 50ft slide inside and the 100 ft slide outside, helps to make the area just that much more fun! We are glad we were able to make your stay enjoyable and hope you will come back to stay with us again.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I arrived Thursday night for a three night stay to discover that I had inadvertantly scheduled my reservation for the wrong date! Kittie went to work and found me a room, and also accommodated the rest of my family who were coming the next day for two nights. We ended up in a suite at Wintergreen, and boy was it nice. We had a balcony overlooking the outdoor pool area, TV's in every room and a kitchen with a full sized refrigerator. The cost ended up being nearly what I was going to pay for two rooms. I was very happy, and my family loved the "arrangements" I had made! Kittie made me look good. I will stay here again on our next trip to enjoy the Wisconsin Dells. The grandkids loved the swimming areas, (and I like the winter theme) Jeff Edwards, Milwaukee, WI

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

We are so happy that we were able to help you out with such an unexpected and inconvenient circumstance! Kittie, along with the rest of the staff, try to do whatever we can for our guests regardless of the situation we are put in. The room you were in is our Grand Suite- a three bedroom suite with living area which is a very nice choice. The location of the room is also great being right by the indoor pool, lobby, and down the hall from the outdoor pool. I also enjoy the HUGE balcony as well. The swimming areas are great for the kids, with small slides indoors and outdoors along with several areas for kids and adults to enjoy. I’m glad that you stayed with us and we can’t wait for you to visit us next summer!

Reviewed June 5, 2012

We had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The accommodations were clean and excellent.

Room Tip: Staff is willing to work with preferences and upgrades if rooms are available at check in.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank clark l

Thank you for your nice comments on our hotel. We are glad that you noticed our kind staff and the accommodations we offer within our resort. We hope that you come back to us again soon.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

We have seen the Wintergreen many times and never stayed there. When I called the reservations gal was so nice that I didn't even ask the price. I knew I wanted to stay there. The rooms were extemely well kept and my husband and I will always stay there. We had a great time with our future inlaws. I wish our children were still small to enjoy the pool. Thye have a cute little bar so we didn't even have to leave the resort.

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor. If lyou have childen that will be perfect.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank jean Anne s

I’m so glad to hear that your stay at the Wintergreen Resort was such a positive one! We do pride ourselves on showing a positive first impression even from the first time we talk to customers on the phone. The pool areas are recommended for children under 10, but all ages can enjoy the areas as well. We look forward to you visiting us here again. Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and services.