“Horrible customer service”

Mt. Olympus Villages
Ranked #69 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I reserved a room a week ago for my kids spring break and unexpectedly got called out of state for a family emergency. When I called to cancel the last (claims to be the manager) was so rude and had no sympathy or compassion and still insisted that I would get charged a $20 cancellation fee even though it was a week and half away. She said no exceptions! I tried talking with her and asked to speak with her manager who she then claimed was her husband who was not there. She continued to be difficult and hung up the phone on me. When I called back to talk to her husband she insisted she did not know his hours and was just rude. Please do not stay here it is not worth your time and money!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
5  Thank Namenota
There are newer reviews for Mt. Olympus Villages

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Decided at the last-minute to stay at this hotel after the bartender at the local restaurant recommended it. We ended up getting a jacuzzi in the room, and had no clue we would get passes to Chula Vista (which we didn't end up using, but we did go there for the breakfast buffet). Room was clean. Best part was the service. Joe checked us in, and he was an absolute doll. He was helpful for not just the room, but gave us recommendations for things to do in the area. He was fantastic, and we will definitely stay again the next time we're in the Dells - thanks Joe!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TPJtraveler
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I decided to book this hotel directly online after finding hotel room inventory tight and reading about the "family run" approach. Credit card information was given and a confirmation code with a "we are delighted you will be our guest" message was provided. Four hours later, I received an email from them saying that no rooms are available. I can only speculate that a higher paying rate came in and I was bumped. This cancellation and the FOUR HOUR DELAY cost me an additional $110 per night as only the higher priced hotels were available for my requested stay. I gave the hotel two hours to respond to this cancellation and they did not respond. I would recommend avoiding this hotel.

Room Tip: Find another hotel to stay at.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Randal S
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Just got back from a weekend trip to the Dells & stayed at this hotel. Rooms are huge and very comfy. Pool is nice, clean and quite for the most part. Kids loved the pool and hot tub. Location is great as well. Stay included passes to Chula Vista water park which was perfect place for our kids 5 and 7. Also came with a decent breakfast selection and very good coffee. Rooms are very clean and housekeeping comes everyday and makes it look nice again after the kids make it look like a hurricane. The front staff was also very friendly.

Great deal for families not wanting to spend over 200 a night at the big resorts.

Room Tip: If you have young kids upgrade to the pool side of the hotel if you are going to use it. Paid an ext...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Pange711
Drewster53965, Owner at Mt. Olympus Villages, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for the kind words. I'm so glad you had a chance to experience all we have to offer. I know there are so many hotels in the Dells to choose from so we really do appreciate every one of our guests.

Drew Purta
Owner
Skyline Hotel & Suites
"Where Our Family Takes Care Of Yours"

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I spent this past weekend at skyline with my parents, my sister, and 7 children between us, aged 1,2,4,5,6,7, and 7. We had a great time. Check in was smooth and fast, and all of our rooms were clean and smelled good. I choose Skyline because they were the only place I could find a room that would hold 5 children and 2 adults for a decent price, and I was very impressed. The kiddie pool was large with 2 kid slides and there was also a large pool for the older kids and a hot tub. All were very clean and a good temperature. They also provided a breakfast including waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits, and gravy. Everything except the eggs was awesome. The kids all found something that they liked. Our room even had a microwave and mini fridge for snacks later. We also enjoyed the included Chula Vista passes on Sunday.Very Friendly staff too.

Room Tip: The family mini suites are wonderful for a big family, or letting your kids bring a friend without b...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tracy H
Drewster53965, Owner at Mt. Olympus Villages, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you Tracy for taking the time to leave us a review. It really makes our day.
I'm so glad you and your whole family were able to all that we have to offer. We always position ourselves for the families by providing exceptional value. For example:The majority of our rooms are mini-suites( 2 queen beds w/ sofa sleeper). Perfect for families just like yourselves.
Another great value is what a family could save on breakfast alone. Go out for breakfast and the average check is approximately $10.00/person. We really make it a priority to create something that stands out. This year we have added the scrambled eggs and sausage however the biscuits and gravy seem to be even more popular than the waffle bar.
I will certainly pass on the good review for our rooms to our housekeeping staff. They take very much pride in their work and fortunately for us, IT REALLY SHOWS.
After all, our motto really is "Where Our Family Takes Care Of Yours"
Hope to see you and your family soon on your next visit to the Dells!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

The staff were incredibly helpful! When we had any questions about the area, especially where to eat, they were very helpful! Their suggestion of "The Barn Restaurant" was great!! They have great food in a unique environment! There was even live music! We also ate at "the River's Edge" which has large aquariums with river fish for the kids to watch, and a huge tree in the middle of the bar, not to mention great food!
The pool was great, and since we were there in the winter and there weren't as many people staying in the hotel, we had the pool to ourselves the afternoon we were there. The shallow pool with the dragon slides is great! The younger kids could be independent while the adults had time to catch up! The older kids loved the shallow pool as well as the deeper pool, and we all loved the nice-sized hot tub!!
We were even able to eat lunch with our extended family in a fairly large and private hospitality room, and open Christmas gifts. Then we had pizza delivered the next day and ate in the same room.
The rooms were clean, and had everything we expected in order to have a great weekend! The free passes to the indoor water park was an added bonus!! Great price for the room, and with the passes thrown in, you just can't beat it! We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brenda P
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We had a reservation with a confirmation number for Wednesday November 27th. We arrived to check in and hotel was shut down and everything locked up. We had given a credit card number and now have no room booked. No where on the website does it say weekends only. I called the hotel number and the woman who answered was rude. Told me there was over 150 hotels in the Dells. This is not a helpful response when you don't know the Dells area very well and are expecting to already have reservations. I will be watching my credit card statement to make sure I was not charged for this night. Also, cleaning crew saw us trying to get into office and did NOTHING to help or offer suggestions. Just smoked on the balcony. I have never been inside hotel but from this experience would NEVER go back.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Krystine1973

What a wonderful review. Thank you so much for thinking about us. It really makes all the difference in the world for us when our guests are completely satisfied. My family & I have been taking care of our guests for the last 35 years here at Skyline Hotel & Suites and you know, we learned a few things, like where the real good local hang outs are, whose running some great specials, everything from restaurants to fun events for the weekend. Its what makes coming to the Dells special every time. Chula Vista Waterpark passes are always a great added value.Its included for everyone everyday plus the day of check out! Right now we are also working on something with Noah's Ark Water Park for the summer, so keep your fingers crossed!

Drew Purta
Owner
Skyline Hotel & Suites
"Where Our Family Takes Care Of Yours"