“Balcony room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mt. Olympus Villages

and 1 more site!
You added Mt. Olympus Villages to your Saves list
Mt. Olympus Villages
1970 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965 (Formerly Skyline Hotel & Suites)   |
Ranked #65 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Freeport, Illinois
“Balcony room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed at the balcony room across the parking lot. Nice room. Pool and breakfast are back in the main building. Bed a little too firm for my taste and the towels a little too scratchy but clean. The room was clean. A little dated but no where near worn out like some small motels are. Carpet was super soft. The bathroom a little snug but very clean. We had a balcony but it was not private. It open to everyone on that floor. We could get in at Chula Vista with our stay. It is off season so the room was only $59. I could not stay at Chula Vista for that low of a price. Breakfast was typical breakfast. Waffles, donuts, fresh fruit, cereal, bagel, juice, milk. Staff was nice. Not over the top glad to see you but not rude either. I would be a little disappointed if this was summer and I paid $150 for the room but for $59 it was a great stay. I have stayed here several times before and will come back again.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are nice but you need to cross the parking lot to get to the pool
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kev521

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My family stay here twice a year. The staff is so friendly and our whole family of 7 can stay there without breaking the bank. I am extremely happy with this hotel! And now they are putting new furnishings! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Swinson224
Wisconsin Dells
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Although I searched and compared a few different hotels in the area price and location made me choose this along with the amenities, pools, free passes to a waterpark, and wifi access in EVERYROOM. Well the rooms average ok for the price not anything special not sore how clean as before we abruptly left we did not fully inspect but had already noticed paper stuck on the table to seat at and maybe eat so the cleaning just by that was not so great I would assume. Although we did not stay I will say the beds may have been comfortable as the were nice pillowtop matteresses. The pool was not available when we arrived was told it would be open shortly when they were done painting REALLY? And to top it off the building we were in had no iny=ternet access we were told we could come sit in the hotel lobbyto use it or move to the hotel building i a room without a balcony which we requested. When i told them I was not going to do this i was told well i guess thats your choice than. Also told that if I read the fine FINE print on the internet it didn 't say internet was included in the room of the motel. Well i took that papre I copied in regards to my room to the from=nt desk to show her that the 2bdrm queen MOTEL balcony room stsaed and wifi access in ALL rooms.Any way they tried to tell me well you can stay tonite and leave tomorrow morning after I had asked for a refund which at first they said not at all at this time I was livid and told her as I said before I will get a full refund and leave now she said Would you please. I have never had such rude and poor customer service after what I paid for was not rightfully advertised and I would never suggest this hotel/ motel to anyone. What a sad surprise when I expected and enjoyable 2 day stay at what I thought was a decent place.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel/motel
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed in the main hotel building. The hotel is ok, rooms were clean (excepting a little dust on the wooden furniture) but very basic. They need some renovations. The breakfast was very good with lots of fresh fruits and very good waffles. The people at the front desk were helpful and friendly. The water in the pool was a bit cold for my baby. The location is great and worth every penny, walking distance to Mount Olympus park, lots of restaurants and entertainment. Also, free passes to several waterparks. Our only problem was noise on the hallways at night until around midnight... security had nothing to say.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lobby and elevators.
Marquette, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed in their "condo" room wich is a converted two rooms (upstairs and downstairs) connected by a spiral stair case. Down stair consist of a 1/4 bathroom and kitchen and dining area. Upstairs using the spiral stair case is the living area with one pull up couch, coffee table and one tube type 19" tv. The master bedroom has a king size bed, tv, two dressers and walk in closset (no coat hangers) and door to upstairs bathroom. second bedroom has two queen beds, dresser and tv with built in dvd player. The bathroom also has a second entrance outside the second bedroom.
The airconditioning is supplied by portable airconditioners in the kitchen, master bedroom and second bedroom. Although not all that pleasing to the eye they did cool the room and supply enough back ground noise that I slept great. The kitchen comes supplied with enough of the basics to get you started but soon find out you don't have it all. such as oven mits or hot pads to remove items from the oven. (the stove needed cleaning, smoke alarms do work)
The room comes with a large deck overlooking the parking area, pool and view or Mt. Olympus across the street. Plenty of room and seating for 10 plus. Its going to need some repairs in the near future (soft spots in the decking near the outer edge) Not yet a safety problem.
Breakfast was filling, waffels, melons, donuts, cereal, milk, juice, coffee and bagels and a couple of other items I think. Not great but is included.
Check in went great. we arrived an hour early and the room was ready. Received the free tickets for the Mt. Olympus water park with the $15 upgrade to the rest of the park. The second day we asked and were given a second set of tickets to Mt Olympus but didn't up grade(which is done at the park) The water section of Mt Olympus isn't Noahs ark but it was free.
The one quirk we run into at check in was the desk clerk called someone on the radio to see if our room was ready. She never got an answer that we could hear. What did happen was another lady showed up and after a little small talk complimented us on our suv which is new but nothing special ford. We return to our vehicle and our four kids waiting in the car told us that some lady poke her head in the car. We come to the conclusion that she must have been checking the number of persons in the vehicle to see if it match the number we had on the reservation, and that the radion call was code to "they're here check them out"
Over all we enjoyed our stay. If the property didn't include the breakfast, park tickets, and other discounts we received I would say cost of the room would exceed the value by itself. There are too many other properties in the Dells that are cheaper (if we had gone two rooms), but the extras made it worth while for us. Oh yeah and the location wich allowed us to walk back for lunch from Mt Olympus saving us $$ to spend other places in the Dells.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My friends and I stayed here on New Years Eve several years ago. We were treated very poorly. A cpl of us got hurt in the pool because the pool floors were so rough. Then when we got back to the hotel after celebrating they kept calling to tell us we were too loud, which we were not loud at all. It was a very long story of what happened next, but they didnt treat us very well from the start. Hopefully the management has changed since then, but I wouldnt recommend staying there if it hasnt.

Room Tip: pay a little more and go somewhere else
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

At first I was worried this hotel was going to be a bad experince (just by the way it looked outside). We stayed in the motel (smaller part, not big building). But I guess you can not judge a book by its cover! The rooms were great! Very clean and the service was awesome. The beds were probably the most comfortable hotel beds EVER! We had needed more towels and within minutes very friendly staff were up to get us some and not only did they give us towels, they took the trash out too! The pool area (inside and out) was clean, except the hot tub was colder than it should be.. We would have told staff but our main attraction was Mt. Olympus - across the street, which was very convenient. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay in motel, cozy and cleaner!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family