Meadowbrook Resort
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$174
$153
HIExpress.com
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$130
$124
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$162
$149
Alakai Hotel and Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$109
Shamrock Motel Resort & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$152
All Star Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$109
$106
Black Hawk Motel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$139
$135
Delton Grand Resort & Spa(Wisconsin Dells)
$290
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$166
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
$270
$250
Priceline
All reviewsmini kitchennightly campfirefamily movieno party policyindoor poolsmall kidstotsdells resortsyoung kidsoff the beaten pathgreat place for familiessplash padthe main stripcoffee makergreat familyoff seasonchula vista
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This was our fourth year coming to Meadowbrook and again we loved it. We have a young family (7 year old and 4 year old twins). It is perfect for us. I've read some of the other reviews and yes the linens are not Hilton quality but come on, this is the Dells...a family place. The decor is adorable, rooms are clean and kept up, pools and kiddie play area was perfect for us, movie nights with popcorn, campfire each night, all set in the beautiful wooded area. We met some of the nicest families from Canada to Nebraska. It was wonderful...we stayed nearly a week. Went to see the sites during the day and had a wonderful, peaceful place to come back to at night. My sister was so upset she didn't go with us this year, she has already asked what week we're going next year because as she says "that's my favorite place to go on vacation". If you're looking for nightlife, partying, loud music and wild guests, this is not for you. If you like a family place, we highly recommend Meadowbrook.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main lodge because our kids are young. When they're a little older we plan to stay in one of the cabins.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MIdwestFamilyOfFive
Reviewed August 20, 2012

After talking to a few hotels I selected Meadowbrook because of the separate cabins and what appeared to be decent price. After speaking to 2 people who both listed the same price for the cabin I had selected I received a phone call to tell me that they were incorrect and the room was actually more. Since it was a last minute trip and we were to leave, I agreed, but was not satisfied. If I had looked back farther on tripadvisor I would have seen that this is a common complaint regarding this hotel so I just want to warn others. I was originally told $129 per night and ended up spending $172 per night including taxes (way more than I had planned on spending). There is a sign in each room that lists the "maximum price," so it is apparant that they up the price whenever possible. Also, be aware that you MUST pay your entire bill upon check-in, not check-out as in almost every hotel in the US and if you have a problem or complaint there will be nobody to help you if you arrive after 5pm as we did. We had to wait until the next day to speak to a "supervisor" whose response was that, "many people get quotes from multiple hotels and forget which one they talked to. They put things on tripadvisor even if they are not true. You can put whatever you want on there." She was not concerned with customer satisfaction as I had already paid my bill. After a phone call from the "supervisor" to the general manager, I was given 2 passes to an attraction (Pirates Cove), which was nice, but did not make up for my disappointment in the resort or the amount of money I had given them. On another note, the television did not function in our room upon arrival and the woman working that night moved us next door and I was happy with their correction of that situation. The resort is near downtown shopping but I would not reccommend walking. I was hoping to stay on the lake or river, which Meadowbrook is not. They need to update their website with prices and reservation capabilities to avoid this problem in the future. I would not give them my money again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kate B
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Loved everything about this place. It was tucked away in the woods. The staff were friendly and after a day of waterparks, it felt comforting to come back to this resort. The package deal we got with this resort was fantastic! It felt like I was at a cabin with all the conveniences of home. It was also close to all of the attractions! I didn't want to leave. I would highly recommend this resort!

Room Tip: We stayed at the Ponderosa which was roomy and had a full kitchen with a balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed 3 nights here with our 3 year old daughter. We did the tikes and tots package and upon check-in they had all of our tickets/coupons ready to go along with directions to everything in the package, which was great. We arrived at 12:30 p.m. and our room was ready even though check-in was not until 4:00 p.m. We had the bunkhouse room with the small "cabin" in it which our daughter LOVED. They room was very clean and spacious and had a balcony looking out over the pool areas. The pool areas were perfect for smaller children. It was great not having to keep track of a small child in a packed water park! The campfires and smores were a nice little touch and I noticed several people taking addvantage of the nightly movies in the lobby. I thought the location was very nice as well. The grounds were well kept and it was nice not being on a busy road but yet close to everything. We would definetly stay again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Where do I begin, when I made my reservation over the phone I was quoted a price which included tax and told I would need a deposit, not a problem, I paid the deposit and was told the remaining balance would be. When I got there the remaining balance was $200 dollars more than I was told, I paid it after a 4 hour drive. Upon entering my extremely tiny 2 bedroom cabin with an additional room with a sleeper sofa, I noticed only 1 tv,no iron,and alot of flies everywhere, there was only the one air conditioner which is located in the kitchen and that is suppose to cool off the whole cabin if you leave your doors open when dont shut and lock...horrible, horrible it should be shut down and closed for updates.

Room Tip: stay at the tamarck more amenties and no flies and I almost forgot the windows thru-out the cabin are extremely old, the one in my room and had to turn a knob like i was churning butter to opem the window
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family