“Didn't get past reservations”
Review of Meadowbrook Resort

Meadowbrook Resort
Ranked #39 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Oconto, Wisconsin, United States
“Didn't get past reservations”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is a different review. I did not stay at the resort, and I'll tell you why. I was super excited to book a room after having visited the website. I called them and got put on hold for 5 minutes and then you could hear someone pick up and hang up on me. Okay, I call back and the woman gets on the line and makes no apologies for the previous inconvenience. She then asks my name and for my phone number before I even begin speaking. I give her my name and withhold my phone number. They don't need my phone # to give me a quote on rooms. When I ask her why she needs the phone number, she rudely begins talking over me and acting annoyed. I decide then and there if making a reservation is this unpleasant I am not giving them a dime of my money. I politely told the women I am no longer intersted and ended the phone call. Reservations/front desk could use a lesson in manners and customer service. Sad for them.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank blowbymeisee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New Berlin, WI
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This place could not have been more perfect for our group. We had seven families meeting for a reunion. (All of us adopted children through the same agency.) The location was small enough that there was no "searching" for our group.

The children (ages 1- 6) LOVED the pools. The indoor kids pool, the outdoor toddler pool and outdoor standard pool were all used by our group. We also made use of the grills and outdoor picnic areas. The bonfire was set up so that it worked well for a big group and was safe for the supervised kids. There was a kids movie in the lobby and they gave out popcorn. The moms had room to chat in the lobby and the husbands found their way to a local pub that was within distance to safely walk back.

Meadowbrook is just outside of the dells. It was a country setting, but within 5 minutes of the action. We had one family in our group stay in the cabins. They raved about it. The rest of us stayed in "bunkhouse" rooms in the main lodge. They had two twin beds tucked in a pretend cabin for the kids, which was awesome. We used the hot plates, refrigerator and pots and pans, etc. There was free coffee in the lobby and a small store for other needs. *No restaurant - but there are tons of options within a 5 min drive.

We didn't use the sport area, but there was a nice volleyball net, horse shoes, etc.

Even if you had older kids, I see this place as a great value. You could always day trip it over to Noah's Arc, etc.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kjk_on_the_go
Fulton, MO
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I recently stayed at Meadowbrooke Resort and enjoyed my stay. The resort is quiet and very family orientated! They have a wonderful indoor pool with slides and waterfountains for smaller childeren. I bought one of their dell package deals and was happy with my purchase. There is a lot to see and do in the Dells that can get VERY expensive and the wet and wild package helped to off set that. I loved the room my family stayed. It had a cute cabin decor and was very roomy for a family 4!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank marie r
Omaha
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Very unhappy with the professionalism of the staff and the quality of the property. Rooms were outdated, linens were disgusting and rough, and the room itself seemed very dingy. We chose not to stay there but ended up paying for the entire stay because the money hungry management refused to refund ANY of our money. Not the way to spend a honeymoon, or any other trip.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank a t

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

wisconsin dells
Reviewed May 22, 2012

My daughter and I spent one night here and we will be back. The room was very clean. The grounds were pretty. It was pretty empty midweek. If we needed anything the staff was very helpful. The pool was perfect for my 5 year old. They show movies at 7. Because no other kids were there they did not have it playing, however when they saw us come down the asked us if we wanted the nightly movie. We also made s'mores at the campfire. For the people who complained about the lack of entertainment...do your homework. This may not be exciting for teenagers, but I know some teenagers who have been here and enjoyed themselves. We will be back in the fall to see the grounds when the leaves are changing colors.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank auggiendells
Milwaukee
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I was given a gift certificate for this place as part of a "room trade" with the hotel I work for. I called to reserve the room and was told no one could help me other than the manager, who was never there. Once I was able to speak with her, she told me because of the time I wanted to stay, there was a $50 upgrade charge. Ok, fair enough. We then had to cancel the reservation because of prior engagements. When I called to cancel, I was told I would be refunded my $50. After speaking with the manager, I was refunded $5.25. Because the room value was one amount, my gift certificate was valued at another amount and because of my $50 deposit, the difference was $5.25!! How am I being penalized for something that I wasnt paying for in the first place?!??! This experince has left a very bitter taste in my mouth and I will NOT be using the room certificate, even if it is free!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank msminnie82
Luna
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We actually stayed here a few years ago. Some of us stayed in one of the cute little cabins, and some stayed in the main hotel. The hotel rooms were very cute- the kids' beds were made to look like part of a cabin. We roasted marshallows at the fire pit and cooked out on the outdoor grills. It was a great place for a mini family reunion!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family