“Perfect Place For Young Children”

Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Ranked #16 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Glenbeulah, Wisconsin
“Perfect Place For Young Children”
Reviewed July 13, 2010

We stayed at the Grand Marquis during our very first trip to the Dells for our daughter's 4th birthday and had a great time! The kids absolutely loved the indoor water park which was just the right size for a 4 and 6 year old. The hotel is located close to many restaurants and attractions so we never had to drive too far when venturing out. The rooms were extremely clean and while the hotel seemed to be pretty full I have to admit it was very quiet. We enjoyed our stay so much we are heading back in a couple of weeks to celebrate our son's 7th birthday!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 28, 2010

After reading some of the reviews I was a little worried about this place. It looks like an 1970's/80's office building on the outside (but it's not) and inside looks very nice. It's well kept and clean. Upon arriving I checked out the bed and drawers for any bugs but they were clean. They even wrap the mattress in a vinyl zipper bag so no bugs, sweet! Yeah I check everywhere, I travel a lot for work and you can never be too sure these days. The room was what I figured it would be. A basic dual queen room with a microwave and fridge. Both were clean and worked fine. The bathroom and vanity were also clean as where the hallways. There were a couple of chairs and small table so yes it was just like any other dual queen room out there. Anyway the front desk personel were very polite and even helped me out when I need a mini screw driver for my kid glasses. The pools were all very well kept and clean. I was there on a weekend and it was quite packed but the pools were not. We stayed an extra day (Monday) and it was a virtual ghost town. Even though many people were in the hotel I don't think I heard anyone else except for when I was in the hallways. Speaking of the hallways they didn't have the air conditioning on in them so that was kind of disappointing but no biggie my room was nice and cool when I got in there. OK onto the pools...They are great for kids and by that I mean kids under 10. They are not something like you'd find at Kalahari or The Wilderness but then again you are not paying their prices either. They have 3 hot tubs, a baby pool, and 2 indoor kid pools (in two locations in the hotel) and outside they have a basic pool with a few very small (kiddie) slides, and a waterfall. If you are looking for a place to stay at the hotel the whole time (like a resort) this would not be the place (unless you have little kids, it might work.) It worked out fine for us as we had a lot of other places to go while we were in town (Mt. Olympus, Noah's Ark.) Biggest downfall would be that they don't have any type of breakfast there. They do have free coffee and some vending machines. The hotel is located right by numerous restaurants though. You can also grab a free newspaper in the lobby if you'd like. There is a very small arcade too, maybe 8-10 games at most. Hope this helps you guys it's a basic hotel and seemed to be kept up nicely but it's not much more then that...unless you have little kids.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Dane4033
Upper Michigan
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Stayed a couple of days. The indoor kids' pool was great for our 2 & 3-year old grandchildren. Rooms and pools were clean. The most pleasant housekeeping staff I've ever seen at a motel.

No in-room coffee, but they had a full, large coffee-maker at the end of the hall on the first floor where our room was. Our room was right across from the kids' pool, but it closed at a reasonable hour, and the night was quiet. Pleasant guests who said, "Hello" to you!

Only one complaint - we had a hard time finding the motel because the on-line maps we used were slightly incorrect, and the motel sign is smallish, and not garish. Once we found the place, it was very convenient to get in and out of by car. Good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Naturalwall
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 18, 2010

We stayed at Grand Marquis in a grand family suite, the room was nice and clean. The kids (6 & 3) had a great time at the water park, and we were able to use the outdoor pool as well which they really enjoyed. We were there during the week so we had the place to ourselves a lot of the time. Things were going fine until the last night when water started pouring out of our bathroom ceiling (through the light/fan fixture) at about 9:30 at night. Our kids our young so we had them in bed just about to fall asleep. My husband put the trash can under the "leak" and after about an hour or so the can was almost half full of water (not to mention water all over the floor etc.) The leaking stopped about 10:30. We called the desk the next morning and the owner (I think it was the owner) barged into our room (we were still in our pjs!) and yelled at us for not calling the night before. We explained our situation (we have young kids, didn't want to move rooms with them in the middle of the night etc.) but were greeted with little sympathy. We were told the ceiling wasn't leaking but that the people above us had not used the shower curtain while showering and so the water was coming in from that. We didn't think it was safe to have that much water coming through a light fixture no less, nor did we buy the excuse, and we asked to be moved to another room that morning so we could use a bathroom that wasn't in disrepair (I do want to add the outlets did not work in that bathroom). The owners basically cleaned everything up, argued with my husband a bit more and left the room again, with little sympathy for us. We were given another room to use that morning. My husband asked for a discount on that night but we didn't get it although he did finally get an apology about "all the water" from the front desk when we dropped our keys off. All in all it was a poor ending to what had started to be a pretty pleasant family get away. All the reviews are correct in saying this hotel is great for families on a budget with young children, the waterparks are nice and yes, you can watch your kids play/swim from the hot tub...but the bottom line is it is an old hotel that needs updates/remodeling and needs better customer service and one should proceed with caution.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Wisconsin
Reviewed April 12, 2010

I stayed at Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel over the weekend in early April and I had a blast. I was looking for a fun hotel for me and my girlfriend and Grand Marquis delivered.

The hotel is located very close to fun attractions and outdoor activities and includes a slew of fun things to do. Despite my mature age I enjoyed the fact that the hotel had a great waterpark for kids. But the most fun for me were the Jacuzzis in which I soaked for a long long time.

Grand Marquis Waterpark Resort is priced pretty well and I feel I got more than a bang for my buck. Oh, the rooms were clean, too.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pepsirules3k
indiana
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Love the Hotel, My grand children enjoy the indoor water park. You can Keep your eye on them while there playing. Great open view. My only problem is when the children slid off the slide. The matt was a little short. They would get cuts on elbow and legs after they slid pass the matt. Cemant was alittle rough.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Downers Grove, Illinois
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Been here 3 times, very clean and quiet (not like the "commercialized" resorts). Great for families with young children. Jacuzzi's are wonderful and you can keep an eye on the kids in the pool at the same time. Staff is very nice. Already planning my next trip.....

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family