“It's all about expectations!”

Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Ranked #15 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We stayed at the hotel during the second weekend of December 2013. Check in was easy and we got a room right next to the kids water park. The reason why i give it a 5 stars is because my family was one of possibly three rooms being occupied in the entire hotel and my fear was the pools were going to be cold. Completely wrong! Water temps were awesome. My three year old could not get enough of the the pools and water park. Considering my entire two day total $ was what one night would cost me at the big resorts i say its a win! It is not luxurious by far but more than adequate. Location is great.. next to a gas station which has beer. A block from Denny's. Burger King, Mcdonalds and other places within a two min drive. Even a soda in the vending machines was a respectable $1.50. You do have a refrigerator in your room so you can stock up. The only tip is that there is no restaurant on premise so either a short drive or have someone deliver. With all due respect to the dells... I have no idea why someone would pay upwards to $200 a night for a place to stay. So if we ever visit again it will be here! Also, as mentioned before. The small water park is really geared towards young children.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Juan P
There are newer reviews for Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Our family stayed @ The Grand Marquis this past weekend. We have been to the Wisconsin Dells area many times & have stayed at some of the larger waterparks but wanted to stay somewhere different this time. We found the perfect place! It was very easy to find right off the Insterstate & great location right on the Wisconsin Dells Parkway. Upon arrival, we were extremely pleased with the sleek apearance of the hotel, beautiful landscape as my husband dropped me off by the front door to check in. The lobby was decorated beautiful with Christmas decorations and very inviting! The hotel itself was clean, had comfy beds, 2 arcade game rooms, the 2 different water park areas were perfect for the ages of our kids (6 & 8). My husband & I sat in the hot tub & relaxed in both of the indoor waterpark areas. Our kids loved it here & we will definately be coming back!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank BRBrown
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Nice, clean, comfortable hotel. Staff is very friendly and made our stay away from home easier. Amazing indoor water park for kids and a great seperate swimming area for adults. We came for a family function and would definately recommend this to all of my friends and family. 2 thumbs up!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Tom T
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife, kids, and I stayed here for a family weekend and had a great time. It is very much no frills so do not expect too much but the water park is awesome for kids under 8 years of age and this worked great for us. We loved it and it was difficult to get the kids out of the water park. We would certainly recommend this to a family traveling with small children. There is not breakfast but that is not a big deal, the price is right. If you have the chance to stay here and the price is right, you will not go wrong by doing so!

Room Tip: Ask for a room next to the water park if you are there for this sort of activity. If you do not, th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DonandLisaFromUSA
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My stay here was just amazing! I came for a family reunion and the staff was very understanding about putting all our rooms right next to each other. The service was was very good, no matter what we needed the staff saw that we had it! The rooms were very clean. As well as their pool area! Couldn't ask for better service or a nicer place to stay!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank sabinazkk
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I've stayed at this place a few times in the past with my family. The kids loved the "dolphin" waterpark when they were little. I remember how handy it was to sit in hot tub and watch them play without having to chase them all over. They were right in front of you! They also have a separate pool area with a couple of slides, kiddie pool and two hot tubs. My kids loved the little arcade too.
This time I went with two other girls on a weekend getaway. The price for the room was reasonable and the place is still very clean. It's in a great location. We walked to Marley's and Monks. We went to a concert and had a taxi drive us there. The Crystal Grand theater is only about 3 miles away so taxi fare wasn't bad either!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank pigfoot4
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We come here twice a year and have been hooked! The staff knows you by name when you walk in the door!! That's awesome! We always get rooms on the first floor which are right next to the water park. I love being next to the mall and not far from a any attraction! Like I have said if you have little ones it's not hard to keep track of them!! And now that mine is 10 she loves the indoor and outdoor pools!! And you don't have to feel uncomfortable. Everyone there treats you respectful!

• Stayed: June 2013