“Great winter escape for famalies with young kids..” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites

Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Ranked #14 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Somerset, Wisconsin
“Great winter escape for famalies with young kids..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We took our two young boys to this establishment for a winter retreat. The kids loved both pools. 3 day weekend stay. Double room was clean with an older decor. Microwave and fridge in room which is nice. No dining options on the property, but there are plenty or options in the area for dining. Staff was friendly and accomadating. Overall very good stay with a great value. Perfect waterpark for young kids.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Scott G

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Superior, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights on short notice. We were supposed to stay at the Days Inn in WI Dells, but the room was so dirty we left and came to the Grand Marquis. The front desk attendant was very friendly and accommodating. Our room was very clean and so was the pool area and water park. The room decor could use some updating, but we did nave a nice sized fridge and microwave. The water park was perfect size for my 4 and 1 year old. There is even a small kiddie pool in the bigger pool area. Overall it was a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Jenny B
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights and it was perfect for our 3yr old. We rented a jacuzzi suite for a very good price. Rooms are straight out of the 80's...however it brought me back to my childhood with the decor. Very clean and staff very friendly and helpful. Great pool areas and close to all amenities. Loved the 42inch flat screen and the comfy beds with extra pillows.

Room Tip: Rent the jacuzzi suite!!
Romeoville, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

really great hotel the water slide at the pool are very fun i would recommend this hotel to anyone who would be staying in the dells area. the rooms are really clean and the beds are very comfortable.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

This hotel was great for what we wanted, something affordable in the Dells with pools. This place has both indoor and outdoor pools good for older people, like my parents, and my brother and I. A few slides into the pool, and they went up to 5 feet deep. Definitely good enough.
Its a budget hotel because of its decor, very 90's style. The room was a good size, and clean. I did not like that the box spring for the beds were exposed, a bed skirt would have been appreciated and not make the bed seem so poor looking. Also there is 2 pillows per bed, usually I expect a couple decorative ones, but no so here. And the pillows were so flat, so I woke up with a crick in my neck every night no matter how I folded it up. Also we were on the first floor, and although at first I thought the windows were one way only, so people in the parking lot right outside couldn't look in, this was not the case, we could see into all the windows of the first floor outside, so we had to close the curtains when we there, but then it left us in total darkness. Overall, good value for the pools, you do get discounts to Mt. Olympus and Noah's arc which we totally used. Just not crazy about the actual rooms.

Thunder Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights, it was our first time to the Dells. I booked this hotel because of the value and discounts to water parks. I called direct to book the rooms and the lady was very helpful. We had a nice room w/2 queen beds & a fridge. It was a nice clean room and a good size for 4 people. The beds were comfy, didn't like the pillows, only 1 each and thin, didn't request any extra so I don't know if they had any available. I agree with other reviews about the decor it's a little dated. When we checked in they gave us a free pass for 4 to Mt. Olympus water park for that weekend which was great. I was expecting to pay for them because the hotel sells them for 1/2 price, which is still good. We went to Noah's Ark & got the tickets at a discount also from the hotel. The hotel is in a good location, lots of restaurants around, the Tangers shopping Mall is just down the street.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank chungo12
Milwaukee Area, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

This hotel was everything I needed for my 3 night trip to the Dells. The decor was exactly the same as it was when I stayed here as a teenager in the early '90s (if you don't like pink walls and floral patterns, stay away). However, the room was one of the cleanest I've seen in the Dells.

Check-in was quick and efficient. I arrived about 3 hours before check-in time but was able to get in my room right away since it was available. I also received a Wisconsin Dells Fun Card good for 2-for-1 deals all over the Dells area. This was unexpected and ended up saving me some money on a few meals.

I cannot speak to the waterpark or the indoor pool as I didn't use them, but the waterpark did look like it would be fun for small children. The outdoor pool was perfect... it had a few small waterslides and was well maintained. There were plenty of lounge chairs, and it wasn't excessively crowded.

All in all, the Grand Marquis was a very good value. The cleanliness of the property and the rate paid outweighed the vintage '90's decor. I would definitely stay here again.