“Great budget friendly hotel for a quick getaway” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites

Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Ranked #15 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chicago, Illinois
“Great budget friendly hotel for a quick getaway”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

This hotel was great for what we wanted, something affordable in the Dells with pools. This place has both indoor and outdoor pools good for older people, like my parents, and my brother and I. A few slides into the pool, and they went up to 5 feet deep. Definitely good enough.
Its a budget hotel because of its decor, very 90's style. The room was a good size, and clean. I did not like that the box spring for the beds were exposed, a bed skirt would have been appreciated and not make the bed seem so poor looking. Also there is 2 pillows per bed, usually I expect a couple decorative ones, but no so here. And the pillows were so flat, so I woke up with a crick in my neck every night no matter how I folded it up. Also we were on the first floor, and although at first I thought the windows were one way only, so people in the parking lot right outside couldn't look in, this was not the case, we could see into all the windows of the first floor outside, so we had to close the curtains when we there, but then it left us in total darkness. Overall, good value for the pools, you do get discounts to Mt. Olympus and Noah's arc which we totally used. Just not crazy about the actual rooms.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Thunder Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights, it was our first time to the Dells. I booked this hotel because of the value and discounts to water parks. I called direct to book the rooms and the lady was very helpful. We had a nice room w/2 queen beds & a fridge. It was a nice clean room and a good size for 4 people. The beds were comfy, didn't like the pillows, only 1 each and thin, didn't request any extra so I don't know if they had any available. I agree with other reviews about the decor it's a little dated. When we checked in they gave us a free pass for 4 to Mt. Olympus water park for that weekend which was great. I was expecting to pay for them because the hotel sells them for 1/2 price, which is still good. We went to Noah's Ark & got the tickets at a discount also from the hotel. The hotel is in a good location, lots of restaurants around, the Tangers shopping Mall is just down the street.

1 Thank chungo12
Milwaukee Area, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

This hotel was everything I needed for my 3 night trip to the Dells. The decor was exactly the same as it was when I stayed here as a teenager in the early '90s (if you don't like pink walls and floral patterns, stay away). However, the room was one of the cleanest I've seen in the Dells.

Check-in was quick and efficient. I arrived about 3 hours before check-in time but was able to get in my room right away since it was available. I also received a Wisconsin Dells Fun Card good for 2-for-1 deals all over the Dells area. This was unexpected and ended up saving me some money on a few meals.

I cannot speak to the waterpark or the indoor pool as I didn't use them, but the waterpark did look like it would be fun for small children. The outdoor pool was perfect... it had a few small waterslides and was well maintained. There were plenty of lounge chairs, and it wasn't excessively crowded.

All in all, the Grand Marquis was a very good value. The cleanliness of the property and the rate paid outweighed the vintage '90's decor. I would definitely stay here again.

Kenosha, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Booked a room online for a jacuzzi suite and was called the next day to tell me that that room was already booked up and the only avaiable room was the more expensive jacuzzi suite. There was no accomodation made for this error and the woman on the phone who claimed to be the ONLY manager had the worst customer service skills that I've ever encountered. This was not only false advertisement but it was bad business!! Will never use this hotel!

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 Thank Jami R
sullivan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We spent 4 nights at the Grand Marquis beginning July 5. This place was a great value. Our kids loved the pools and my nephew had a blast in the indoor waterpark. I felt that the location was convenient once we figured out the little road in front. We got free tix to Mt. Olympus and discounts to Noah's Ark. We had a great time. I would recommend this for families with little children or younger teenagers.

1 Thank travelin_tracey
Mount Horeb, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The Grand Marquis hotel in Wisconsin Dells is a nice clean place to bring your kids for a quick and affordable vacation, or "staycation". The rooms are clean and the water features are fun. There is a place for all ages to play at this hotel. One area is for real young kids (2-4 years old). It has some slides and a play area. There is also a whirlpool that adults can soak in while watching their young 'uns. There is another water area that has a pool for swimming with a few slides as well. There is an outdoor water area but since we were there in January we figured we shouldn't use it . . .

Overall, it is a nice place to take your kids for a few days.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Man-of-the-Stars
Quincy, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed here when visiting the Dells with my niece and her family. They have a 2 year old and wanted a place with a kiddie water park. This is the place for all of that. However, for me...this place wasn't so great. There was no iron in the room, so I was really wrinkled all week. Also, there was no breakfast or restaurant on the premises so I had to go down the street every morning to get a decent cup of coffee. The hotel was really loud with kids running up and down the halls. This was a cheap, cost cutting hotel. So, I guess for families on a budget it is OK. And, by the way, the wifi was really slow and didn't work half the time. All of those of you with ATT...not much signal in the Dells.