“Very Sorry we stayed here! this place is trash! Plz avoid!”

Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #21 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lombard, Illinois
Reviewed March 30, 2006

I felt like an idiot staying there, i did read the review and thought it was exaggerated, oh my those words rang in mind! I should taken it seriously and saved myself and my family the anguish.. this place is not worth a penny, the facade is a disillusion and an exaggeration, I’ve seen better public swimming pools. The room was the worst, the ghastly road side accommodations might be have better rooms then these guys. The rooms here are so crammed, and the bathroom is sooooooooooo small, they don’t have any other amenities and a weird linger smell, the heater just blasts, the windows don't keep the cold out.

The beds were squashy and not comfortable at all, seemed like the sheets were washed with just water, if they even were...the pillows were also not comfortable and were way past replacement!

The customer service was awful as well, even the dinky hotels, stock a toothbrush and toothpaste for someone who might have forgotten they didn’t have any thing plus they are not very helpful, the woman at the front desk even forgot to check us out.

My review might sound harsh, it is due to the fact the place is that way, oh yeah totally forgot, kids running like mad people in the hallways and people talking like they are at a carnival as we were trying to go to sleep, maybe its not their fault, it’s the crappy flimsy place.

I wouldn’t want anyone else to have the experience we had! So my sincere advice is to avoid this place at all cost!

• Stayed: March 2006
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Yorkville, Illinois
Reviewed October 16, 2005

We were referred to this hotel by FAirfield Vacations, a timeshare organization. We were told it had a great indoor waterpark. Uh, wrong! It had a pool with a slide and a kid pool with a falling apart castle. The mens bathroom in the pool area had feces smeared on the wall. It took 2 days for them to clean that up. Around the pool area we found 3 used bandaids that were there during our entire stay (3 days). The kids pool had sand and dirt on the bottom. The hot tob was so hot you couldnt get in it. Nevertheless....we will never stay there again! I have been to cheap motels that were better than this place.

Stayed: October 2005
16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Wales, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 7, 2005

I had a bad experience with this resort & never even stayed there! I called them to make reservations on July 6, 2005 to take our granddaughter there on July 14. Our daughter called that afternoon to tell us there had been a change of plans & she wouldn't be coming that week after all. I called the resort immediately to cancel the reservation (about 4 hours after I made it) and was informed there would be a $20.00 "cancellation fee", even though this was ahead of their 72 hour limit for cancellations and about a week before we were supposed to be there. When I got upset and asked to speak to the manager, they said they could overlook the charge this time. We travel a lot and I have never heard of a hotel charging a "cancellation fee", especially only 4 hours after making a reservation. It removes any desire to stay at this resort, that's for sure!

Carpentersville, IL