New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Excellent Choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have stayed here once before during the busy season and it was everything I had hoped, so I tried it in the off season and nothing had changed. I recommend this hotel based on they covered every base. I appreciated the follow up phone call about 20 minutes after getting in to your room as it gave me a chance for any questions afetr the check in. Very good freeway location and booked on Priceline which always offers up a great deal.

Room Tip: Upper floor end of hall never does me wrong
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SIOUXFANFOREVER

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Nothing really spectacular here but then again, nothing really wrong either. Quiet, comfortable, very good price.

It does provide a great value for those with kids who want to do a day pass at one of the mega resorts. They do have a nice large waterpark of sorts inside the hotel but it is not like others in the town.

• Stayed January 2013
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Our hockey team had a great experience at the Holiday Inn Express. It was located right across the street from the main ice arena we played at and only 15 minutes from the other.

Clean rooms, great staff, tasty breakfast...who could ask for more? It was also right across the street from Tanger Outlet Mall and Buffalo Phil's where we had a great team dinner! The pool was nice, the kids loved the water slide and the hot tub was perfect after sitting in a freezing rink!

They were also so kind to offer us a discounted rate (for an additional night stay) due to weather. They were very helpful and easy to work with!

Thank you!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel was excellent, from the cleanliness to the helpful staff to the updated apearance. My only complaint was some of the other guests staying there were not courteous at all! People talking loudly in the halls at 7am... and the people in the room above us sounded like they were doing Zumba or something and were going to fall through the ceiling. The hotel itself was great though.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time and posting a review. We appreciate your feedback and I'm happy to see how enjoyable your stay was! We really do strive for outstanding customer service and its great to see the hard work the staff has put in paying off! We do apologize for the noise issue you unfortunately had to deal with. Common courtesy just isn't as common anymore which is unfortunate. We are always looking for ways to battle noise issues and will continue to do so. We look forward to next time we can call you our guest and we hope you have a GREAT day!
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The hotel check-in was easy, Chris was professional and very welcoming. My husband and I went for our anniversary and couldn't be more satisfied! The hot tub and indoor pool was clean, there was a water slide and for kids it's great and also plenty of room to relax around the pool if you are going without children. I was amazed by the attention of the hotel employees, Chris not only ran the front desk for a while but also found the time to change the coffee's and wipe around the area to keep it spotless, and keep abreast of the front desk needs. They have a nice breakfast, eggs, sausage, bagels, pancakes, cereal, cinnamon rolls, fruit, juice, etc. Always being refilled and cleaned! Our room was a king very spacious, quiet and clean. I forgot a toothbrush so I requested one from one of the staff and she offered me one with a toothpaste with a smile! How about that, a smile. In many of other hotels I have stayed at, as of late, never a smile. If there was one negative and only one was the bathroom was a little small but very, very clean. There was a slight error with my bill and was quickly rectified by Christina, the hotel manager with a smile. I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone with families, couples, etc.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Eileen P
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay. We appreciate all the feed back and we look forward to the next time we have the privilege of calling you our guest!
Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The hotel check-in was quick and easy, the staff was very nice, the room was clean and the breakfast was decent. What I did not enjoy was the kids running up and down the halls, yelling and squealing in sheer joy all night. It isn't fair to dock the hotel for this as I know it is the parents that seem to believe that staying in a hotel gives their kids the opportunity to do all the things they can't do at home.

If you have children, the pool is great. It has a nice slide and play areas. If you do not have children I would not recommend staying here. There are a lot of hotels in the area for the same price that are less kid-oriented. I wish I would've checked into the hotel a little more before booking it.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you have children.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for the feedback in regards to your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn express. We do apologize for the noise issues you experienced during your stay and we try to regulate this but as you noted it is hard to do sometimes. We will continue to try as it is hotel policy to ensure all guest are 100% satisfied. I'm glad to see the positives you enjoyed like breakfast, clean rooms, and a friendly staff. In our management meeting I will bring up your review and see what we can do to regulate the kids after quiet hours. Once again we appreciate you taking the time to give us a review.
Cincinnati
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I will start this in all fairness: the person at the frontdesk at checkout apologized profusely and said "I want you to be happy with your stay" and took 20% off our room rate, but the only way to be happy was if it never happened in the first place.

We stopped in late evening with no reservations out of all the hotels in the area because we've had good stays at other Holiday Inns. The check in was good, the front desk was polite and helpful. We dropped our bag in the room, went out to dinner. We got back, unpacked cleaned up for bed, pulled down the sheets to get into bed.... the sheets were dirty.... not a stray hair dirty- "fluid" stained dirty. DISGUSTING. I will not post the picture. We called the front desk and he apologized and asked if we wanted another set of sheets. Seriously?!? No, I want a clean room. He asked we come down stairs, he would get us another room. I repacked and husband went down to get another room. They put is in the next room. Great.... same housekeeper's name on the "Welcome" card that "cleaned" the first room. Check of the room: bathroom, sheets and everything seems clean.... (But so did room one). These sheets were not slept in.

Even though there are two employees at front desk, they ask husband to return downstairs with second key. The correct customer service would have been to come upstairs and retrieve key, confirm the new room for cleanliness, apologize again and offer to move our bags. OK, it was just the next room over and we didn't need our bags moved, but OFFER.

Next morning: I laughed at the bill under the door, no mention of incident, only a note from Director of Operations and Thank You note for "staying smart" and please review hotel on Trip Advisor. It was Sunday before Christmas, I could have left Dir of Ops a voice mail, but front desk seemed to have it handled. At checkout, front desk was polite and very apologetic and said she would speak to housekeeping. She did ask what it would take to make me happy. Unfortunately you can't undo what happened. I did not ask for full refund as we did choose to stay the night. We did not leave a tip for housekeeping this stay.

Confirmation #67738699

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Christine P
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay. I have printed off your review and will be sure to cover it with all the departments in the hotel. Please accept our most sincere apologies as I know how frustrating an issue like this can be. I'm happy to hear the front desk tried to make things right in your eyes but I understand that this is not acceptable. I will be sure to cover this with our head housekeeper and the housekeeping team to ensure an issue like this never happens to you or any other guest who stays at our property. Guest service and cleanliness are two things we take great pride in as we know the customers choices are endless when it comes to choices for accommodations here in Wisconsin Dells. We feel privileged when a guest chooses us instead of the other properties and it is our goal to make sure every guest is 100% satisfied. Next time you are in town I'm hoping you will give us another chance to show you this is not a reoccurring issue. If you ever want to talk about this in more detail please feel free to give me a call or if your at the hotel stop in my office, as the door is always open. Once again we appreciate the feedback and we hope you will accept our most sincere apologies.