“Great time for hockey team!”

Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #26 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Our hockey team had a great experience at the Holiday Inn Express. It was located right across the street from the main ice arena we played at and only 15 minutes from the other.

Clean rooms, great staff, tasty breakfast...who could ask for more? It was also right across the street from Tanger Outlet Mall and Buffalo Phil's where we had a great team dinner! The pool was nice, the kids loved the water slide and the hot tub was perfect after sitting in a freezing rink!

They were also so kind to offer us a discounted rate (for an additional night stay) due to weather. They were very helpful and easy to work with!

Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel was excellent, from the cleanliness to the helpful staff to the updated apearance. My only complaint was some of the other guests staying there were not courteous at all! People talking loudly in the halls at 7am... and the people in the room above us sounded like they were doing Zumba or something and were going to fall through the ceiling. The hotel itself was great though.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time and posting a review. We appreciate your feedback and I'm happy to see how enjoyable your stay was! We really do strive for outstanding customer service and its great to see the hard work the staff has put in paying off! We do apologize for the noise issue you unfortunately had to deal with. Common courtesy just isn't as common anymore which is unfortunate. We are always looking for ways to battle noise issues and will continue to do so. We look forward to next time we can call you our guest and we hope you have a GREAT day!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The hotel check-in was easy, Chris was professional and very welcoming. My husband and I went for our anniversary and couldn't be more satisfied! The hot tub and indoor pool was clean, there was a water slide and for kids it's great and also plenty of room to relax around the pool if you are going without children. I was amazed by the attention of the hotel employees, Chris not only ran the front desk for a while but also found the time to change the coffee's and wipe around the area to keep it spotless, and keep abreast of the front desk needs. They have a nice breakfast, eggs, sausage, bagels, pancakes, cereal, cinnamon rolls, fruit, juice, etc. Always being refilled and cleaned! Our room was a king very spacious, quiet and clean. I forgot a toothbrush so I requested one from one of the staff and she offered me one with a toothpaste with a smile! How about that, a smile. In many of other hotels I have stayed at, as of late, never a smile. If there was one negative and only one was the bathroom was a little small but very, very clean. There was a slight error with my bill and was quickly rectified by Christina, the hotel manager with a smile. I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone with families, couples, etc.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Eileen P
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay. We appreciate all the feed back and we look forward to the next time we have the privilege of calling you our guest!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

The hotel check-in was quick and easy, the staff was very nice, the room was clean and the breakfast was decent. What I did not enjoy was the kids running up and down the halls, yelling and squealing in sheer joy all night. It isn't fair to dock the hotel for this as I know it is the parents that seem to believe that staying in a hotel gives their kids the opportunity to do all the things they can't do at home.

If you have children, the pool is great. It has a nice slide and play areas. If you do not have children I would not recommend staying here. There are a lot of hotels in the area for the same price that are less kid-oriented. I wish I would've checked into the hotel a little more before booking it.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you have children.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you for the feedback in regards to your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn express. We do apologize for the noise issues you experienced during your stay and we try to regulate this but as you noted it is hard to do sometimes. We will continue to try as it is hotel policy to ensure all guest are 100% satisfied. I'm glad to see the positives you enjoyed like breakfast, clean rooms, and a friendly staff. In our management meeting I will bring up your review and see what we can do to regulate the kids after quiet hours. Once again we appreciate you taking the time to give us a review.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I will start this in all fairness: the person at the frontdesk at checkout apologized profusely and said "I want you to be happy with your stay" and took 20% off our room rate, but the only way to be happy was if it never happened in the first place.

We stopped in late evening with no reservations out of all the hotels in the area because we've had good stays at other Holiday Inns. The check in was good, the front desk was polite and helpful. We dropped our bag in the room, went out to dinner. We got back, unpacked cleaned up for bed, pulled down the sheets to get into bed.... the sheets were dirty.... not a stray hair dirty- "fluid" stained dirty. DISGUSTING. I will not post the picture. We called the front desk and he apologized and asked if we wanted another set of sheets. Seriously?!? No, I want a clean room. He asked we come down stairs, he would get us another room. I repacked and husband went down to get another room. They put is in the next room. Great.... same housekeeper's name on the "Welcome" card that "cleaned" the first room. Check of the room: bathroom, sheets and everything seems clean.... (But so did room one). These sheets were not slept in.

Even though there are two employees at front desk, they ask husband to return downstairs with second key. The correct customer service would have been to come upstairs and retrieve key, confirm the new room for cleanliness, apologize again and offer to move our bags. OK, it was just the next room over and we didn't need our bags moved, but OFFER.

Next morning: I laughed at the bill under the door, no mention of incident, only a note from Director of Operations and Thank You note for "staying smart" and please review hotel on Trip Advisor. It was Sunday before Christmas, I could have left Dir of Ops a voice mail, but front desk seemed to have it handled. At checkout, front desk was polite and very apologetic and said she would speak to housekeeping. She did ask what it would take to make me happy. Unfortunately you can't undo what happened. I did not ask for full refund as we did choose to stay the night. We did not leave a tip for housekeeping this stay.

Confirmation #67738699

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christine P

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay. I have printed off your review and will be sure to cover it with all the departments in the hotel. Please accept our most sincere apologies as I know how frustrating an issue like this can be. I'm happy to hear the front desk tried to make things right in your eyes but I understand that this is not acceptable. I will be sure to cover this with our head housekeeper and the housekeeping team to ensure an issue like this never happens to you or any other guest who stays at our property. Guest service and cleanliness are two things we take great pride in as we know the customers choices are endless when it comes to choices for accommodations here in Wisconsin Dells. We feel privileged when a guest chooses us instead of the other properties and it is our goal to make sure every guest is 100% satisfied. Next time you are in town I'm hoping you will give us another chance to show you this is not a reoccurring issue. If you ever want to talk about this in more detail please feel free to give me a call or if your at the hotel stop in my office, as the door is always open. Once again we appreciate the feedback and we hope you will accept our most sincere apologies.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family and me just stayed at holiday inn express On 12-29-12 threw 12-30-12. This hotel has a very nice pool for older kids and another pool for little kids. The hotel has a nice sized hot-tub right next to the indoor pool. They have a nice breakfast were u can get sausage, eggs, toast, bagels, etc... The indoor pool has a few water slides which are fun. They have an out door pool for the summer which has one water slide. They have a 24 hour work out room. The hotels rooms are very clean and big. For the winter the heat inside the rooms are very warm but they are a little loud. But overall the holiday inn express is a very clean hotel that has a pool for any ages from babies to adults. So if u want a good hotel that is not expensive stay at holiday inn express in Wisconsin Dells. Also just to inform u there is also an arcade for kids of any age.

Room Tip: If u have a family of 4 get the double queen room which has 2 queen beds. P.S very comfortable beds...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jess125794

Thank you so much for taking the time and filling out a review about your most recent stay with us! We look forward to the next time we have the privilege to call you our guest!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We reserved a room at this hotel after looking through pictures online. I found them to be a bit deceiving. The pool area was much smaller than the pictures led on. The rooms were also quite smaller than I have seen at other holiday inn locations. I was also displeased with the fact that when I reserved online it gave me a final price but when the charge went through there was an extra $50 added. Nowhere did it tell me that they would charge my card additional funds. When I asked the front desk about it I was told that there was a $25 fee added per night in case any calls were made or damages were done. I think this is something that I should have been told before the charge was made. Then I was advised that the money would be refunded to me approximately 5 business days after check out. I think that is unacceptable! Other than that, the room was clean, and the staff was professional and kind.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

First off I just want to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your most recent stay with us. I'm sorry for the inconvenience the authorization caused you. It is standard hotel policy to authorize each customers card for incidentals. Incidentals range from added items from the suite shop, phone calls that may be made from the guest room, or even damages that may occur during a guest stay. We try to be proactive by posting a sign at the desk that an authorization will occur but we know that sometimes that is missed. I will definitely speak with our front desk manager and team about mentioning that as well to guest as they check in. Once you check out the authorization is released on our end it is just up to your bank to release it on theirs. I am very happy to read that you found our rooms to be clean and our staff to be friendly. We work hard to deliver a quality product with a guest service oriented staff. We look forward to next time we can call you our guest.