I will start this in all fairness: the person at the frontdesk at checkout apologized profusely and said "I want you to be happy with your stay" and took 20% off our room rate, but the only way to be happy was if it never happened in the first place.
We stopped in late evening with no reservations out of all the hotels in the area because we've had good stays at other Holiday Inns. The check in was good, the front desk was polite and helpful. We dropped our bag in the room, went out to dinner. We got back, unpacked cleaned up for bed, pulled down the sheets to get into bed.... the sheets were dirty.... not a stray hair dirty- "fluid" stained dirty. DISGUSTING. I will not post the picture. We called the front desk and he apologized and asked if we wanted another set of sheets. Seriously?!? No, I want a clean room. He asked we come down stairs, he would get us another room. I repacked and husband went down to get another room. They put is in the next room. Great.... same housekeeper's name on the "Welcome" card that "cleaned" the first room. Check of the room: bathroom, sheets and everything seems clean.... (But so did room one). These sheets were not slept in.
Even though there are two employees at front desk, they ask husband to return downstairs with second key. The correct customer service would have been to come upstairs and retrieve key, confirm the new room for cleanliness, apologize again and offer to move our bags. OK, it was just the next room over and we didn't need our bags moved, but OFFER.
Next morning: I laughed at the bill under the door, no mention of incident, only a note from Director of Operations and Thank You note for "staying smart" and please review hotel on Trip Advisor. It was Sunday before Christmas, I could have left Dir of Ops a voice mail, but front desk seemed to have it handled. At checkout, front desk was polite and very apologetic and said she would speak to housekeeping. She did ask what it would take to make me happy. Unfortunately you can't undo what happened. I did not ask for full refund as we did choose to stay the night. We did not leave a tip for housekeeping this stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wisconsin Dells Hotel Near Popular Attractions The Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites in Wisconsin Dells is at the heart of the 'Waterpark Capital of the World.' Located off I-90 at Exit 92, this Wisconsin Dells hotel is less than a mile from major attractions like the Original Wisconsin Ducks, Noah's Ark Water Park and Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park. Nature lovers staying in our Wisconsin Dells hotel will have easy access to the unique natural beauty of the Dells of the Wisconsin River; our hotel is also four miles from Mirror Lake State Park and 16 miles from Devil's Lake State Park. For more fun indoors, there is a 24-hour shuttle to the nearby Ho-Chunk Casino. Business travelers appreciate our convenient location near I-90/94 and I-39, keeping them connected to nearby cities. We're only four miles away from the businesses of historic downtown Wisconsin Dells, and our hotel is within 11 miles of companies such as Flambeau, Inc. and Seneca Foods. Lodging in our Wisconsin Dells hotel also allows you to utilize the services of our 24-hour Business Center. During your stay in our Wisconsin Dells hotel, be sure to take advantage of our free high-speed Internet access. We help you keep your usual routine by offering a complimentary hot breakfast, a Fitness Center and copy and print services in the Business Center. Book your reservation now for our hotel near Wisconsin Dells attractions and start planning your trip today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Holiday Inn Wisconsin Dells
- Wisconsin Dells Holiday Inn