“This holiday inn is very warm and friendly!”

Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #24 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have stayed at a lot of Holiday inns. And this one in the Wisconsin Dells I felt very welcome and it was clean. And the front desk called are room to see if are room was ok and if they could do anything for us. The hotel has a breakfast bar and everything was very clean and the food was nice and warm and a lot to pick from from cereal to eggs and sausage. So if you need a place to stay I give this five*****and you well to.

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Called on our way to Illinois from Minnesota and got a room for a decent price. Room was clean and they had an excellent breakfast!!! The only complaint was that our room could not connect to their internet, seemed like a repeater was down. As soon as we went to the lobby our devices connected immediately. We tried on 4 devices with the same result. I told the young girl at the desk as I checked out and her responds was "nobody else complained" If we stayed another night I would have asked for a manager but I said ok and left to continue our trip. Hopefully se looked into it for other / future guests. She didn't seem as friendly as the young man who checked us in the night before. We stayed Oct 21-22.

• Stayed: October 2012
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the room, the breakfast, and had a pleasant check in experience. We are always trying to make a guest stay as pleasant and memorable as possible and I'm glad you have the positive points of your stay on your mind. I do apologize for the internet issue. I have brought this to the attention of my General Manager and we will be sure to look into it so that you or no other future guest has issues using the internet as I'm, sure that can be frustrating. I also can promise you that I will speak with the desk team about how to properly handle a situation if a guest is having an issue. Next time you are in town I'm hoping you will give us the pleasure of hosting you again.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because of the location which was close to shopping and restaurants.
The last time we stayed with them was 3 yrs ago and we had a very pleasant experience.
This time it was just the opposite. They checked us into a horrible smelling room and when we complained to the front desk we were told that we probably had mildew on our shower curtain.
It wasn't the shower curtain but the whole room that had a terrible odor.
They moved us to the room next door which DID have a mildewed shower curtain with hair in the bathtub and also a bunion pad on the shower shelf.
We gave up and stayed the night but won't be back!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for the feedback. We encourage both positive and negative feedback here at the Holiday Inn Express in Wisconsin Dells as we are always trying to grow to exceed guest expectations and better the guest experience. I have printed off this review to address the issues you encountered with our head housekeeper to ensure this type of situation doesn't happen to you or any other future guest that may be staying with us. We take pride in being one of the most clean hotels here in the Wisconsin Dells area as the choices you have to stay are endless. You do have our most sincere apologies and we hope next time you are in town you will give us another opportunity to host you so you can see this isn't a reoccurring issue. If you ever want to talk about your experience please know that my office door is always open and I enjoy speaking with the customer about the positives and negatives so that we can continue to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We've stayed twice at this hotel because it is a good mid-point between Minneapolis and Rockford, IL. With a number of low budget motels in this very tourist town, this hotel is new, fresh, and affordable for young families. The hot breakfast is very nice and the staff does a good job of keeping up with the demand. I've found the staff to be very helpful and friendly in a very busy atmosphere. It may be a more quiet location out of tourist season. I have to say I love the pancake machine!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed with a friend one night because we were going to a concert at the Crystal Grand Theatre. The location is great. Close to many restaurants and attractions. The hotel has been updated with a very nice lobby and the room was updated with newer bedding and decor. However, the room smelled very musty and damp. We turned the fan on in the bathroom and on the heating/air unit and that seemed to help. Also, the bathroom shower curtain smelled like urine which was bit concerning. This was an ok place to stay for one night but would not chose again to stay for an extended time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The full breakfast was good and the pool area was nice. But the sheets and towels needed cleaning or whitening. Also the bed linen needed ironing. It appeared wrinkle. I called the desk on arrival and asked for another set of sheets and they promptly changed them.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We chose this hotel because we have twin boys that are 6, and the pool seemed just their level. Not too big, but still with a slide, etc. The hotel itself was fairly clean, and the beds were comfy. The boys enjoyed the slide at the pool, but it was extremely chlorinated, stunk like urine, and had a slightly "murky" look to the water. The pool DID have a "lifeguard," but he spent most of the time taking videos of a little girl who appeared to be his daughter and chatting with his wife/girlfriend. I watched him for a bit, and never once did he look at the other children playing in the pool. The breakfast area was crowded in the AM, and we had to sit on couches to eat our breakfast because the chairs and tables were all taken. the breakfast was okay, nothing special but edible. The staff seemed average. Not overly friendly, but they would answer your questions if asked directly. I did note that the front desk attendant was wearing a Wisconsin University Sweatshirt, and jeans rather than a "professional attire," which is usually the requirement at other hotels. All in all, okay experience, but we probably won't go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor. It is actually the "main" floor. The first floor is th...