2,298 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 5, 2016 via mobile

Me and my family got here and we thought we were going to get a nice room in the resort. Nope. They sent us to some village room thing, it's just a motel they bought and renamed. Out dated tv that didnt even work, wasn't even a proper bed just a really hard and rough mattress, rooms and halls smelled like smoke and armpit. Overall, really cheap, gross and disgusting 3/10 would not recommend. We payed $380 for 3 nights!!! Save your money people!!! Not worth one penny!!

Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family
8  Thank mturkkk
Reviewed March 4, 2016

I thought that we were staying in the main hotel (did not know about the villages) ended up in village 19, downtown by the bars. Would have been fine I guess if it was summertime and I was going out with my girlfriends for a night out, however this was a family get away with my children. Spent 30-40 min just trying to find building 19 that we were not able to go back to the indoor waterpark that Friday night. Hallways smelt like cigarette smoke, we found a open bottle of diet Pepsi under our bed and noticed paint chipping by the back door. Next time I will spend the extra money go back to the Kalahari!!!

Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Melissa A
Reviewed March 1, 2016

We stayed here about 12 years ago & even then it was clearly an old place with a fresh coat of paint. NOW it's even worse. We booked our weekend almost 2 months early & ended up in the Olympus Village not the attached hotel. HORRIBLE... we were 1 mile away in what seemed to be an old camping unit behind an old motel. They did have the signature wall sticker that is pictured in the rooms but our unit was straight out of probably the early 60's. We even had a 20' tube tv which would not allow us to stream any of our kids tv. The toilet bowl was shattered, the brown tile & yellow sink in the the bath were very beat up, stained & chipped. The vinyl flooring was peeling up. We were in a building with only 8 units, the hall was filthy! At 5am someone above us starting jumping no stop above us! We stayed because there was about 5000 people & we did not want the hassle of complaining, however when a very large bug was in our bathroom sink that was it! We did go to the desk and ask for a new room, they did accommodate us to another "village" unit only .5 mile down the road again an old Motel however it was at least from the 80's. This time the bed jumping from above started at 6am & when we called to let them know we had children that were sleeping the jumping just got louder & our hangers in our room were now shaking as well. We normally stay at the Wilderness & that is where we will be staying from now on. You get what you pay for here! Not worth the "freebies" or any discounts.

Room Tip: Check that you are in the main hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2016, traveled with family
4  Thank Brandy O
Reviewed March 1, 2016

We got a great deal on a couple nights at the resort that came with the water park, skiing, and amusement park. For what I paid ($100 for 2 nights) it was worth it. But I would not spend more. My children are 6 & 10. The water park was fantastic when we were there on a Thursday and Friday because there were very few people there. But on Saturday they managed to make it down two slides because they were out of tubes and could never get one as nobody was willing to give them up due to the challenge of getting one again. I would never go on a weekend. Waste of money. Even for what i paid. The amusement park was great for my 6 year old (who was still almost too tall for the rides). But my 10 year old....who is still in "amusement park" ages and wanted to do things very badly, couldnt even ride the one small roller coaster because she was less than an inch too tall!!! She cried 2 days because of this. She is scared of larger amusement park coasters so I thought it was going to be perfect for her. Only to find out she couldnt even ride. There werent an over abundance of rides and she could basically only ride the space shot type ride. The rooms were the noisiest rooms i have EVER stayed in and I dont complain about anything like this typically. We stayed in Bldg 10. There were teenage girls running and laughing from 9pm - 11:40pm on our floor and up one floor. Nobody ever stopped them until finally security showed up 2 1/2 hours later! My daughter who sleeps through everything woke up and said it sounded like our neighbors were in our room. I have never had such paper thin walls!!! We had a great time but didnt get any sleep. Skiing was great although they say "included" you still have to rent the equipment.

Stayed: February 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank iowagirljen
Reviewed February 24, 2016

Seems like nothing happened since since the hotel opened 30 years ago. Everything is worn down and looks dirty (especially carpets in commons areas). Rooms in hotel Rome is a bit better than the rest of the "resort", but that does not count for much all things considered. To sum up, choose another hotel.

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled with family