“Awesome, kids loved it!”
Review of Mt. Olympus Resort

Mt. Olympus Resort
Ranked #64 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My family of five checked in last night. Check in was very quick and easy and the young man that checked us I'm was the sweetest and very informative of the hotel and dells area. We got to the room and the kids fell in love with the bunk beds. The thought those were the greatest! We checked out the water park and the indoor theme park and the kids had a blast for hours. I was kind of worried about how our nights sleep was going to be after reading some others reviews. I'm not sure what their problems were because we had a good quiet nights sleep and the beds were very comfortable. We have one more night left to stay tonight. Hopefully everything goes just as well.

1  Thank joyce j
Christin B, Social Media Adviser at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you for sharing your Mt. Olympus experience with us! So glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed the parks and room accommodations. It's true, kids do love the bunk beds! We do hope to see you back with us again in the near future. Thank you again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,858)

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Waste of an overnight stay . The hotel is like staying in a Super 8 for $300 after taxes. All you hear is a heard of elephants running above you on the floor above. Cheaply built ! The water park was really small, crowded with young children, it had two water slides and then two raft slides. The jacuzzi was 18+ and was loaded with like 30+ people and u could barely move in it. There was no place to sit or park your stuff while u used the water park. They don't allow u to bring and food or drink of your own. BOOOOOO.

Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank lallakhverdiyev

Thank you for taking the time to review or resort. I apologize that you did feel the water park did not suit your families expectations. Our indoor water park does have two tube slides, two body slides, a lazy river, 2 whirlpool hot tubs, a children's activity pool that consists of a pirate ship that sits in a waiting pool depth of a few inches with slides, fountains and walk through caves and also a swimming pool for all ages. We do have trained lifeguard staff that monitor the pools and hot tubs to make sure all state regulations are being followed; such as the number of bodies in a given hot tub. Our guest safety is #1 priority here at Mt. Olympus and is taken very seriously.
As for noise issues; we do have staff located at each one of our buildings monitoring the halls to take care of any noise issues that may arise during the night. If we are also notified by a guest of any issues we send staff to take care of the issues promptly, whether it is a noise issue, a maintenance request or simply requesting more housekeeping supplies.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed at this hotel last weekend with our two young kids. The hotel room was far offsite from the waterpark and was one of the worst places I've ever stayed at. I spent a night in the Anchorage airport because of a flight cancellation that was more comfortable. The hotel rooms are small and cheaply furnished. We got takeout for dinner and there was literally no where to eat it at the room except for on the beds. No tables, no desk, two beds and a bathroom, that's it. We could hear every footstep that was taken in the room above us which was a delight when they arrived back to the hotel at 2 AM. To be honest they weren't even shouting or being loud, we just heard every step the took. Having to drive to the waterpark you would think there would be nice accommodations like spacious changing room and lockers. Nope. The bathrooms had a changing bench large enough for ~5 people and the lockers (5 dollars) aren't large enough to fit two pairs of shoes, let alone the clothes and shoes for four of us. The waterpark itself was ok, the kids did everything in about 30 minutes and after an hour and a half were pretty bored. The indoor theme park was terrible. Some video games and janky carnival rides, that's about it. Good news is it was pretty expensive! I'm not exaggerating when I say this, if their costumer service people called and offered us a free weekend at the resort I wouldn't take it. Can't think of anything positive to say about the place. Maybe its fun in the summer but the winter is a wasted weekend in cramped quarters and bored kids.

4  Thank Mike P

Thank you for taking a moment to review our resort. I would like to apologize for any inconveniences you may have endured during your recent stay with us. I will pass on your concerns to the appropriate department heads for further review. Our management team would like to connect further with your about these issues and would love to speak to you. Please contact them at 1-800-800-4997 and ask for the manager on duty. Thank you again!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed here for a weekend. Rooms were ok. Nothing extra in the Hotel Rome. Our TV was mounted to the only "sit at" table in the room, making it unusable to eat at or play cards etc. The hotel is mainly geared for summer use, and definitely not a place to order in food to eat in the room. Indoor theme park was good, of course it lists it is included in the price, and although clearly stated, Laser tag and the rock climbing wall are extra. I think that isn't necessary, we came here instead of the Kalahari because of the inclusions, just to see there were exclusions here too. Not many outlets to charge phones, ipods, cameras, for a family of 4, we ended up unplugging the microwave for a charging spot. Room only had the wallpaper mural as decoration as well, left the room with an echo. If I would return it would be in summer to be able to enjoy all of the outside activities, but not again in winter.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shelley T
Christin B, Social Media Adisor at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review or resort. We do hope that you come back and give us a try during the summer months when you can take full advantage of all the indoor and outdoor water and theme parks. Thank you again

Reviewed February 20, 2014

My wife, four year old and myself just checked in this morning for one of the Mt. Olympus Villages. I always like to read up on places before spending money or planning a vacation so was a little worried from some of the things I read about this establishment but I also like to make my own judgement on things as well so figured why not give them a chance. I am very happy I did thus far!!! First off the rates and amenities can't be matched by anyone in the Wisconsin Dells, you get passes to the Water and Theme Park included for your stay and also the entire day you check out, skiing and tubing passes are included for Christmas Mountain which is awesome and we all have our own equipment so won't have to pay for rentals from the shop. We were told that our room wasn't guaranteed until around 4pm I believe but could come early and pre check in so we arrived at around noon to find out that our room was available right away so that was a great start. We were offered to upgrade to Hotel Rome but I wanted to check out the Villages and see how they were, our room is very spacious with two queen beds and a bunk bed and the Villages at least that we are placed in is not that far from the parks, I would say maybe an eighth of a mile? We have stayed at the Wilderness, Chula Vista, etc.. throughout the Dells area and almost all of them have offsite properties with long walks or short drives depending on the style room you book but thought for the low price we paid to stay in the Mt. Olympus Village there is not a thing wrong with the minute drive to go to the park so not sure what the fuss is about in some other reviews about the offsite buildings. The wood floors I thought were pretty neat and much easier to clean with our wet shoes than for example a carpet that got wet from your shoes would be. The waterpark is perfect for our son, he has had a blast so far and is convenient to be able to keep an eye on him, one of the lifeguards was even nice enough to take our picture in front of the slide. The theme park was a great time as well, had a lot of fun on the bumper cars and roller coaster. We are wrapping up our night by getting some dinner around the Dells and ready to enjoy the last three days we have remaining on our stay, trying anything and everything this massive place has to offer. The outdoor attractions look like they would be a ton of fun in the summer and have driven passed them when in the Dells over the years but haven't had the chance to stop, this summer Mt. Olympus is definately on our to do list!!!

Room Tip: You be the judge and make your own opinion, decided to give them a try and found our new vacation sp...
4  Thank Zachary J
Christin B, Social Media Advisor at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience with us. I'm excited to hear that you and your family enjoyed yourselves in our indoor water and theme parks during your recent stay with us. Can't wait to see you and your family back with us again in the future!

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in january for my sisters birthday. Hotel Rome had a nice theme to it. I did enjoy that the rooms had a laminate wood floor instead of carpeting since it is a waterpark and carpeting can get wet and retain smells. We had adjoining rooms with my sisters family. It was fun for the kids to go from room to room to visit without using the hallway. Indoor waterpark was nice for kids. Not alot of choices for adults but it's really for the kids anyway. All in all it was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank jen13579
Christin B, Social Media Advisor at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to share your Mt. Olympus experience with us. I'm happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed yourselves in our indoor parks during your recent stay. I do hope that your sister enjoyed her birthday celebration here at Mt. Olympus. We can't wait to see you back with us again!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

My husband booked a room for Valentine's Day weekend. When he booked he called and confirmed that we would receive a rate of $144.99 per night. Long story short, they tried to book us on average of $200.00 per night. My husband asked for a detailed receipt and the pricing is not what he booked it for. The first night, the desk attendant couldn't do anything, so the next morning we were prepared to check out as this place was not worth $500.00 for two nights. After talking with a manager, they did refund us for the second night stay, so we did stay for our second night. I do appreciate the manager hearing our concerns and making it right.
It is apparent Mt. Olympus is all about quantity and not quality. The rooms were poorly designed; no drawers, a flimsy blanket instead of a bed spread, one color for the whole room which made it drap, poor lighting, thin walls, no closet, no half-way decent chair to sit in and the list goes on. They were very worn. You know it's not a great room when your four-year-old child comments that the room is "a little different".
The resort also looked very worn. I don't think the hallway carpeting or resort carpeting had been vacuumed in weeks. It was very worn and dirty. So were the various chairs, moldings, etc. around the resort.
The food choices were poor. You can eat there if you want something poured out of a bag or a frozen pizza. We did enjoy the Cafe Opa that had Starbucks drinks and we found the cinnamon rolls were good.
Our son is four and the water park was okay. The boat with the slides was neat, but he got bored after awhile. We did do that lazy river and the tube slides which he enjoyed. I don't understand why the built the kiddie section right next to the entrance as it was cold when the door opened and little ones could escape easier. The Theme Park was nice as there were several rides he could go on and we could take him on the go-carts. We did enjoy that aspect of it.
Overall, we ended up making the best of the weekend and had fun, but I do not recommend this resort. If you have younger children, I'd suggest staying somewhere different as the activities there are for older children. Pair that with the poor room quality and shady booking policies, it's apparent the goal of this place is to get as many people in and out as they can without focusing on cleanliness and value. For what they charge for a room, it is not worth the money.

2  Thank Megan L

Thank you for taking the time to review or resort. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in our parks and enjoyed our Kafe Opa in the lobby. I will absolutely forward your concerns to all of our department heads for further review to see where changes can be made. We always appreciate getting feedback from our guests whether it be good or bad so we may better our self for the future. Thank you again and I do hope to see you back again!