I stayed the past 2 nights at Mt. Olympus with my wife and toddler son (in winter).
The indoor water park and indoor theme park were nice but relatively small. We spent most of our time in the water park. The water was very warm and the place was not very crowded, which was nice. There's a kiddie play land w/ wading pool and slides, a regular smallish pool, a lazy river and a couple of water slides (with tube rafts and without).
The indoor theme park was also nice but small. There were a couple of rides appropriate for my toddler son (teacups and trolley ride) and a few rides for older kids (bumper cars, go carts, roller coaster, and some games).
The food in the water park is pretty crappy, over-priced cafeteria food (hot dogs, burgers, nachos, pizza, salads) and the beer and drinks are expensive. Thankfully there is a "proudly serves Starbucks" coffee hut at the theme park.
To sum up the theme park and water park: Nice, but small. Not too crowded. Crappy, over-priced food available.
The hotel itself . . . we were lodging in an "off campus" motel thing a mile or so down the road. The room was big enough but lacked a lot of common ammenities. The wi-fi was so slow and unreliable it was basically unusable. The flooring was laminate "wood" with no carpeting or rugs, which quickly got messy in the winter time. The toilet was loud when flushing. The microwave was from the 80s or something (but worked). The mini fridge was big enough but sometimes loud. The hotel was also loud. we could hear lots of stomping from other guests. I'm sure our screaming toddler also kept our neighbors up late at night, too *sorry!
To sum up the hotel: Not on-campus. Wish the wi-fi worked. Could have been better.
Anyway, we paid less than 200 bucks including taxes and fees (through a promotion) for 2 nights in the winter, and we enjoyed the park enough, where it was worth it, despite the shortcomings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mt. Olympus Resort provides our guests with both Indoor and Outdoor Water & Theme Park fun! All 1300 Mt. Olympus Resort rooms are spread over the famous Wisconsin Dells Strip, surrounding Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park. Free skiing, tubing, snowboarding and Golf passes (depending on season) are included with stay, Free wi-fi access available, 44 Indoor and Outdoor Water Slides, 4 Interactive Children's water play areas, 7 Outdoor Go-Kart Tracks, 5 Outdoor Roller Coasters, 1 Surf pool, creating 9ft waves! 1 Wave pool and a giant water fortress. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Mt. Olympus Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rome - At Mt. Olympus Water And Theme Park
- Wisconsin Dells Treasure Island
- Treasure Island Wisconsin Dells
- Treasure Island Water Park Resort