“Excellent Resort”
Review of Mt. Olympus Resort

Mt. Olympus Resort
Ranked #64 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My family and I stayed at Mt. Olympus Labor Day weekend and I am glad we went when all the parks will still open because there was so much to do. So I am going to go through each experience separately here so bear with me J

*Check in- Check in time was at 4pm for the room but when we called to ask if we could arrive early we were told we can come as early as 10:30am which was great. When we came to the desk it was a little busy but we expected so since it was the” last big weekend.” The process did go pretty quick and we were pleasantly surprised when they told us we could have a text sent when the room is ready. This is a great idea to make it so we didn't have to come back to get the room number or keys.

*After we registered we went over to the parks and since we weren't staying “on site” we did have to park in the general parking which wasn't too bad since it was a bigger entrance. We went on Hades first which I can say it was OMG crazy fun! Since they are wooden coasters they aren't as smooth as steel ones but what can you expect, its wood. They were still fun. I loved the variety of everything. Water and Theme park you have everything from extreme to relaxing for each age group. My favorite water part was Poseidon’s wave pool. Be prepared to be carried by the wave all the way back to where you started.

*When we got the text we decided to go to the room and grab a bite to eat. We left the park and found our way to building #7. This building was a motel with the outside doors which made me understand some concerns with other reviewers but honestly I found it very convenient to park right by my room. When we opened the door we were pleasantly surprised the room was clean and spacious. It was a basic room with fridge and microwave but suited us just fine. We did love the grilling and play area right by our room it made for some other dinner options and gave the kids a chance to blow off some energy while we were cooking. The room was located away from the main street so you could not hear traffic noise. Other kids were a little noisy at night but I guess it’s to be expected when you come to a family resort.

*Housekeeping was good they came and did stay over service later in the afternoon which I enjoyed so we didn't get woken up early. We did call the desk for some extra towels and housekeeping brought them fairly quick considering they are probably swamped with calls due to the resort size.

*Check out- There was this thing in the room saying express check out leave your keys. I did some charges to the room so I did call the front to see my total but it was nice to have the option to avoid the crowd and just leave.

Overall I would say this is a good place for families of any age. We had a great time and will be back to enjoy the facilities again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 533trinap
Christin B, Social Media Advisor at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

I'm pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your room accommodations and the free use of our water and theme parks. It's always nice to hear the great experiences our guest have while staying with us. We do hope to see you back with us again in the near future. Thank you for taking a moment to share your vacation with us!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,886)

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I paid $782.00 for a 5 day stay. What I received was a motel 6 sized room for 5 people. I'm sorry for insulting motel 6, I've been in better. Don't have room to inflate our full size air mattress. There were 2 deals we were to receive. A $75 gas card & $100 resort card for food/merchandise. They wouldn't give us both stating the deals weren't together on the same site. The manager wouldn't go on the site & stated Mt. Oylmpus would never do that even w/ us showing her a copy of the site's page w/ the info. I'm going to dispute this through my charge card payment. We were charged a $100 resort fee that wasn't disclosed before purchase. Again, so many complaints. I've stayed at 75% of the resorts/hotels/motels in the area including here for 1 night in Jan 2013 (It was a special a honored) . And for the quality, price, this is the worst!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. Our management team would like to connect with you further about your recent stay. Please contact management at 1-800-800-4997 and ask for the manager on duty. We would like a chance to make this right for you. Thank you.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We spent a weekend at Mt. Olympus this holiday season with our 4 year old daughter and 10 month old son. Let me start by saying I was very pleased with the size of the indoor waterpark - it was PERFECT for our 4 year old. It wasn't too big and it wasn't too small. The kids area has multiple slides into shallow water, perfect for little ones who don't know how to swim yet. I've been warned about other waterparks in the Dells area that they are too monstreous for little ones, making it more stressful than enjoyable. Not the case with Mt. Olympus' indoor waterpark.
However - that being said, you would think a resort of this magnitude would have at least one decent restaurant. They have 3 cafe/grill type walk-up "restaurants". Definitely not what I want to eat at morning, noon and night for a whole weekend. We ended up leaving the resort to go out to dinner both nights. We booked Mt. Olympus with a promo and got a $100 credit in food and drinks - that was gone within two meals - the cafe/grills are crazy overpriced but surprisingly the food is decent. Not great, but not bad either.
The indoor theme park is okay. We spent about 45 minutes there and had been on every ride.
Our room was average - we were at Mt. Olympus Village, so about 1/2 mile from Hotel Rome. The only disappointing thing was that there wasn't any sort of guest services for our hotel. No one was on site to help in case we needed anything. We would have had to drive over to Hotel Rome. Thankfully we weren't in need of anything while we stayed.
The first night our sleep was disturbed by what sounded like a group of girls running up and down the halls. The running and screaming went on for about 2 hours. That is when onsite hotel staff would have come in useful.
Overall it was an enjoyable weekend but we don't think we will be going back.

Room Tip: If you want the whole experience pay the extra and book in Hotel Rome instead of the outlying hotels...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Christin B, Social Media Advisor at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

I'm pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed yourselves in our indoor water park. I want to thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. I am sorry how ever to hear that you were some what disappointed with the guest services during your stay. All of our villages are staffed with housekeeping and maintenance staff to assist with anything our guests may need or issues that may arise. There is no need for our guests to drive to the main resort to request something; as they simply dial zero and our guest services will send an employee to the room with anything they need or request.
We do hope to see you and your family back with us in the future, and thank you again!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

It was a last minute idea-- my daughters and I decided to go to the dells. We have been to other resorts in the Wisconsin Dells, but I have to say Mt. Olympus was the best so far! We did end up staying in the Mt. Olympus Village. Even thought it wasn’t on site it was a nice location. We got to walk right from our room and go to Pizza Pub and hit a few little shops along the way. The price of the room was just right for my budget and we had extra money to spend. The room was comfortable for the three of us. I like the village location because it was a short ride away from the parks, and we were close to do other things. The staff was nice and had a good knowledge of the dells. Some even gave some personal reference on things to go see and do that I never knew was available or around. I felt we were treated like family and not just another guest. So, thank you Mt. Olympus for making the weekend enjoyable. We are excited and planning on coming back around the holidays for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Christin B, Social Media Advisor at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

I would like to thank you for taking a moment to share your vacation with us. I'm pleased to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable weekend here at Mt. Olympus. We can't wait to see you back with us again for another memorable getaway. Thank you again!!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I am highly disappointed with this place. $250 a night for two queen beds, one was in separate room. The couch and bed frames are made of plywood!!!!! I have not met a polite, ready to help, employee yet! Nor one that was fluent in English. Ridiculous! I should not have to struggle to communicate with staff that are supposed to be here to help. Our room was clean, but the lobby and all halls and walkways were fithy and had garbage on the floor. The staff at the theme park were extremely rude. Instead of telling all the kids that it was time to close the little kid play area the guy came in YELLED at all the little kids to get out he is turning the lights off. I would understand his frustration if he had ASKED and no one responded, but to talk to young children like that with out even giving them a chance is absolutely uncalled for. This is our first night here out of two and if I could cancel and get my money back I would be out of here. There is an open electrical outlet on the floor in the middle of the arcade which you must walk through to get to/from the watermark. Logic tells me that dripping wet people stepping on an uncovered electrical outlet would not be good!!! My kids and I are highly disappointed with this place and would recommend not staying here.

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. The team here at Mt. Olympus would like to connect with you further about your recent stay and make things right with you. Please contact our management team at 1-800-800-4997 and ask for the manager on duty and they will be more then happy to assist you. Thank you!

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Just returned from our visit to Hotel Rome. The indoor water park is awesome! Great for all ages of kids. They only have the double tubes which makes the lazy river a bit congested at times. We were there Christmas Eve and while there were lots of people, it didn't seem terribly packed. Be warned that in order to get to the indoor theme park, you have to walk through the water park, go outside about 1/2 block in order to get to the theme park. So in winter, you either suffer in the freezing cold or you wear a coat and then have to drag it around with you while at the theme park.
The theme park had go karts that seemed to be popular and a roller coaster type ride. It was a single car on a track that has lots of spins, a few hills, some backward traveling,etc. My 12 y/o loved it, my 9 y/o didn't. The rock climbing wall is extra along with laser tag and arcade games.
My biggest problem was the lack of decent food. All the food service places have the same menu: pizza, burgers, hot dogs, etc. they advertise salads but I didn't try one. For breakfast, there is only the lobby cafe which offers pastries, packaged egg sandwiches, and coffee/tea. Another drawback is the fact that the parks don't open until 10 AM. With checkout at 10:30, that leaves you having to pack up and then change in the locker rooms if you stay for part of the day. We were able to get into our room by 1 pm the day of check in which was very convenient. Our room was a double queen with a bunk bed. The room was very spacious but there isn't any carpeting so the floor was quite squeaky. There is no coffee pot in the room, just a microwave and some packages of instant coffee. There is a fridge so it makes it convenient for bringing your own food. There is a nice TV in the room, but it's bolted down in such a way that it can't be swiveled in order to be viewed from the bunks or the other queen bed. Seemed a bit strange that it was so stationary. For the price we paid, it was definitely worth it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

I'm glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed yourselves in our indoor water and theme parks during your recent stay. It's true that the quickest way to get to our indoor theme park is through the indoor water park first then it is about a 30 yard walk to get to the theme park entrance. We do make our guests aware of this so they can plan accordingly during their stay. I want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

For the price we paid it was worth it. We went the weekend before Christmas, it was all decorated with trees and santa 2 nights for 5 people (2 queens & Bunk Beds) slept our family of 5 comfortable under $350 for the WEEKEND plus a $100 spending credit for food, drinks, etc. included indoor water park, theme park and tubing (choice of tubing or skiing)

Sure the food is over priced and not worth it, ($3 for a bottle of soda) and their are only 4 indoor water slides, and the theme park is not super big, 1 roller coaster, race cars, bumper cars, tea cup. but we spent a full day at the water park and 1/2 day at the theme park. and several hours tubing, came back to a clean warm roomy -room... I was surprised it was not a noisy roach motel. the only time we heard our neighbors was the door slams (as they all do) and if we or they were in the hall. otherwise tv's etc nope. We stayed in building 10, behind pizza pub and Mt seems to be buying up all the motels and rehabbing them or tearing them down.

Most of the employees are there on work visa's so its fun to chat with them.. All in All for the price we paid compared to every other "resort" in the area well... I'd go back to Mt Olympus I feel I got my monies worth.

Wish they allowed carry-in's we spent 1/2 our food credit on 1 lunch and the other on soda and candy...

Room Tip: Building 10 is nice and quiet (thick walls ?) And the rooms do look just like the pictures on the si...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room accommodations and our water and theme park. Thank you for sharing your Mt. Olympus experience with us. I hope to see you back with us again!