My family and I stayed at Mt. Olympus Labor Day weekend and I am glad we went when all the parks will still open because there was so much to do. So I am going to go through each experience separately here so bear with me J
*Check in- Check in time was at 4pm for the room but when we called to ask if we could arrive early we were told we can come as early as 10:30am which was great. When we came to the desk it was a little busy but we expected so since it was the” last big weekend.” The process did go pretty quick and we were pleasantly surprised when they told us we could have a text sent when the room is ready. This is a great idea to make it so we didn't have to come back to get the room number or keys.
*After we registered we went over to the parks and since we weren't staying “on site” we did have to park in the general parking which wasn't too bad since it was a bigger entrance. We went on Hades first which I can say it was OMG crazy fun! Since they are wooden coasters they aren't as smooth as steel ones but what can you expect, its wood. They were still fun. I loved the variety of everything. Water and Theme park you have everything from extreme to relaxing for each age group. My favorite water part was Poseidon’s wave pool. Be prepared to be carried by the wave all the way back to where you started.
*When we got the text we decided to go to the room and grab a bite to eat. We left the park and found our way to building #7. This building was a motel with the outside doors which made me understand some concerns with other reviewers but honestly I found it very convenient to park right by my room. When we opened the door we were pleasantly surprised the room was clean and spacious. It was a basic room with fridge and microwave but suited us just fine. We did love the grilling and play area right by our room it made for some other dinner options and gave the kids a chance to blow off some energy while we were cooking. The room was located away from the main street so you could not hear traffic noise. Other kids were a little noisy at night but I guess it’s to be expected when you come to a family resort.
*Housekeeping was good they came and did stay over service later in the afternoon which I enjoyed so we didn't get woken up early. We did call the desk for some extra towels and housekeeping brought them fairly quick considering they are probably swamped with calls due to the resort size.
*Check out- There was this thing in the room saying express check out leave your keys. I did some charges to the room so I did call the front to see my total but it was nice to have the option to avoid the crowd and just leave.
Overall I would say this is a good place for families of any age. We had a great time and will be back to enjoy the facilities again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mt. Olympus Resort provides our guests with both Indoor and Outdoor Water & Theme Park fun! All 1300 Mt. Olympus Resort rooms are spread over the famous Wisconsin Dells Strip, surrounding Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park. Free skiing, tubing, snowboarding and Golf passes (depending on season) are included with stay, Free wi-fi access available, 44 Indoor and Outdoor Water Slides, 4 Interactive Children's water play areas, 7 Outdoor Go-Kart Tracks, 5 Outdoor Roller Coasters, 1 Surf pool, creating 9ft waves! 1 Wave pool and a giant water fortress. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Mt. Olympus Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rome - At Mt. Olympus Water And Theme Park
- Wisconsin Dells Treasure Island
- Treasure Island Wisconsin Dells
- Treasure Island Water Park Resort