“Mt. Olympus, an excellent choice”
Review of Mt. Olympus Resort

Mt. Olympus Resort
Ranked #63 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chicago, Illinois
“Mt. Olympus, an excellent choice”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My family and I were in the Dells for the Labor Day holiday weekend. Very nice rooms (even had tree houses for rent, which some of us may rent when we go back) both in the woods and rooms at Hotel Rome were nice.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Christin B, Social Media Advisor at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our resort. I'm very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you're interested in coming back to enjoy our tree houses! The tree houses are a big hit; as they are something different and unique!
I would like to thank you again and hope to see you and your family back with us soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
  • Hebrew first
West Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the last weekend before school started for us. It was ok. The room was plain and seemed cheap but it was clean and sufficient.But there was no coffee maker, just instant coffee. The park seemed to close too early (7pm) even for the end of the season. The indoor waterpark and theme park were open longer but they were small and got crowded fast. Also something that wouldn't matter to most people, they blasted pop music through the whole park. It made me sad to see my kids starting to pick up on lyrics I would call inappropriate for young children. All in all I don't have any huge complaints, if it was crowded it would have been awful. There is a lot of diffrent things to do, so no one got water logged. Had good water parks for both little and big kids.

• Stayed August 2013
I want to first off thank you for sharing your experience with us. Our team appreciates any and all comments, good or bad. It helps us see if there are any areas we may need to change. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our indoor parks during your stay. We do hope to see you back with us in the near future! Thank you again!
Wisconsin
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is one of the most inexpensive resorts in the Dells with an indoor water/theme park, don't go if you are expecting more than a cheap hotel with some swimming.
I was so excited about the rooms at first, I mean bunk beds! How awesome is that for families, especially those of us with bigger families. The rooms were nice, I was pleasantly surprised given the cost...until nighttime rolls around and you can hear EVERYTHING in the halls and surrounding rooms. Not your typical mumbled noises from around your room but loud, waking your children noises. We stayed 2 nights, both were bad as far as noise, one was AWFUL. Unsupervised kids running up and down the hall at night screaming and laughing at midnight.Really takes away from your vacation when you are up half the night trying to get your kids to fall back to sleep after being up for the 5th time that night.
The other major problem- crowding! They let WAY too many people in on day passes. . It really takes away from the experience.
I can only comment on the indoor water park (I went during the summer once years ago and the crowding was also ridiculous then too but maybe it has changed, not optimistic but I will not comment on it beyond that), like I said, crowding awful, parents watching their children awful. That said they have a nice little play area for kids, even as young as toddlers. They don't have the range of indoor slides for older kids/adults as some other indoor parks but I would say their water park is what you would expect in this price range.
Indoor theme park, they have a nice play area and this park wasn't as busy as the water park. I wouldn't say it is toddler friendly but if your kids are 5-6+ they will think it is great.
All in all, if you can sleep through anything and don't mind crowds this place is great. I think we will pay a little more for somewhere else in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Christin B, Social Media Advisor at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. Glad to hear you enjoyed our indoor park and the room accommodations. I do apologize for the noise issues you endured during your stay. We try our best to make each and every guests stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible. To ensure this we do have staff in every building walking the halls to try and stop any noise issues before they arise. We ask that if guests have issues of any sort during their stay that they contact an agent at the front desk by dialing "0" and we will send a staff member to take care of the issue promptly. We do hope to see you and your family back at Mt. Olympus Resort in the future. Thank you again!
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 26, 2013

First off...I feel that I personally have to defend this hotel. We stayed here last March with my entire extended family (20-30 people). We had an amazing time. The value for the $$$ is great. They have the indoor water park along with the indoor theme park. Great stay that I will remember!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Christin B, Social Media Advisor at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
It's so exciting to hear how much our guests enjoy themselves while visiting our resort. I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to seeing you an your family back with us very soon! Thank you again!!
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Just wanted to share the great trip I had at Mt. Olympus. After looking at other resorts in the Dells the room rate at Mt. Olympus with free park tickets was the best deal. Years past we have gone to Mt. Olympus Theme Park and stayed somewhere else and it ended up costing us more money, so this year it was like we got a free room with our park admission cost. My family enjoyed Poseidon’s rage wave pool the best. Our youngest child was busy will all day with all of the kiddie rides and go-karts and I was even able to talk my wife into going on Hades 360 roller coaster, which was is the most thrilling roller coaster I have ever been on. The rooms were everything we needed, clean with very comfortable beds. Having hardwoods floors is such a nice feature not having old and rundown carpet like some hotels I have stayed in the past have. Our room had bunk beds and my children thought that was the coolest thing. I was even able to get some work done using their wifi. My suggestion for anyone staying at Mt Olympus is get their early and they will send you a text message when your room is clean so it lets you go enjoy the park the whole time before even going to your room. I will definitely be going back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank justin b
Christin B, Manager at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
We are so happy to hear you and your family had such a great stay with us. It's exciting to hear how much your family enjoyed the water and theme parks here and that you even got your wife to ride Hades 360!!
I wanted to take a moment to send you a thank you from our team for taking the time to review our resort. The Mt. Olympus family appreciates you and your family and can not thank you enough for visiting us! Thank you again and can't wait to see you soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This place was great for our families budget they were very accomidating as we travelled with two other families, they were nice enough to put us closer together, I have spent a lot more at the Dells with the resorts not being very cooperative, anyway free entrance to the park (awesome). My family was very happy and we are planning on going back next year:)

• Stayed September 2013
It's awesome to hear that you and your family enjoyed your accommodations and your free use of the Mt. Olympus Water and Theme Parks during your stay. I want to thank you for taking the time to review us. We do hope to see you back with us again in the near future. Thank You again for staying with us!!
O'Fallon, Illinois
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Well, let me start by saying that we read a lot of reviews, and were a little concerned about booking a trip. I am so glad I take things with a grain of salt. We checked in on Saturday, Oct 12, 13 at the main registration. The attendant, Ghenda, hopefully spelled correctly, was delightful; he took the time to answer all our questions, explain everything to us, and was very easy to understand.He sent us off to our room and told us to come back if there were any problems. Our room was in bldg 10, which is about a 3 minute drive to and from the main park. Our room was adequate; I did not pay 4 stars prices, so I wasn’t expecting a 4 star hotel. However, the hotel and our room were clean and properly stocked, with a small fridge, micro, TV, enough towels for 4, a small table for the kids to eat and color at, the beds had fresh linens and blankets. My only complaint about the room would be that the AC was a bit loud, but I was so tired at the end of the day, I didn’t even notice the sound once I went to sleep.

The indoor water park was well stocked with towels and life guards. The guards were attentive to needs and were in control of the water facilities. You need to get there early if you want chairs or tables, they are hard to come by during the middle of the day, when the park is most crowded, but I feel this is to be expected. The space was well used with a “ship” and slides for the smaller crew, a lazy river, two water slides a pool and two hot tubs. There are two areas with tables, and chairs all around the park.

The outdoor amusement park had minimal rides operating during this timeframe. I wish they had had a couple more of the kids rides open, but such is life. There was enough to do that we stayed in that area of the park for 4 hours and were able to ride the rides multiple times. My children didn’t stop laughing and smiling…(ages 5 and 4), and that is what I wanted! Most of the attendants were very interactive with the kids. Their favorite ride..the race track.

The indoor amusement park had few rides, an arcade and an interactive play area. My sons favorite was the “drop”, we went on that ride over and over and over. My daughter loved the bumper cars. They enjoyed “duck” bowling and the arcade as well. There was also an indoor race track and play area, with lots of nerf balls, air guns, slides, tubes and nets. This area was packed with kids of all ages and was probably the most popular area. My kids spent 2 hours in there and still didn’t want to leave.

Is the park expensive, yes, just as any amusement park is. A 14 inch pizza with 2 toppings, $24, sodas $3, a 16oz margarita $8.5, but again it is an amusement park and is to be expected. We didn’t pay parking, but I think I saw a sign that read $10 for day parking.

Overall, I was pleasantly pleased with Mt Olympus, the staff and facilities. My goal, to find a water park (because my children love water parks) where my kids could enjoy themselves and have a good time, without me having to spend a small fortune or travel a great distance. All of this was accomplished! We stayed 2 nights at Mt Olympus, enjoyed ourselves, watched the kids have a fabulous time traveled 6 hours, and spent well under $200 on these accommodations. (This mind you wouldn’t have paid for one night at another water resort).

Thanks Mt Olympus for a great time!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank A W
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The family here at Mt. Olympus strive to make each guests stay with us comfortable and memorable as possible. We are very excited to hear your children really enjoyed themselves in our indoor theme park.
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our resort and sharing your experience. It was most certainly our pleasure having you. See you back soon!