“The park will pay for your stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mt. Olympus Resort

Mt. Olympus Resort
Ranked #64 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“The park will pay for your stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

People bash the hotels but all in all their not bad. If you are looking for 5 stars don't stay here. You will find a spot here or a scratch there. What mt. Olympus did was buy hotels and motels. They advertise they have 1,000 rooms. And that shows. If you are looking for a room to sleep in with free passes these are rather nice. I paid $89 a night. The wrist bands are like $40 for the park. Parking is $10. By staying here it's all free. If you look for them you'll see ways they cut corners on cost (stickers for headboards, plywood and 2x6 bed frame,etc) but none of it diminishes the stay. I'm rather satisfied when I'm shooting down a slide or lounging in the lazy river.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Jeepfrk_cj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Hebrew first
Washington DC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Mostly friendly staff. Efficient. Dated rooms. There is a fridge and a microwave. The bunk beds were very cool. It is quite noisy with kids up and down the halls so bring ear plugs. Cheap towels and amenities so make sure you bring those.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SNJ C

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

My experience with a family of 7 was terrible; the reservation process is vague, I finally asked to speak with a supervisor because I couldn't understand the language. The supervisor also struggled with English as did many of the workers at the park. I was told they couldn't tell me where I was staying until we arrived which really made me feel uncomfortable as it would be too late to change hotels if I didn't like what I saw. We paid over $850 for 2 nights for wristbands and a hotel stay in a former drive-up motel. The rooms were dirty; webs in the windows, dirt accummulated on the base boards, floors so dirty our feet were black. The drain in the bathtub was plugged but we didn't realize it until someone used the shower. We didn't want to imagine what were standing in! We called for extra towels as were were given 6 small see through towels for 7 people which never arrived. We were in building 9 which isn't that far from the park however, it is impossible to get on to Highway 12 to get to the park without going South to head back North. I would not go back to this facility!

2 Thank lori2899
Crossville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

After staying at Mt Olympus for years PRIOR to the expansion, I was super excited to come back with my new husband for his birthday.... wound up SO disappointed!!!! We were told we were "off site" but in previous years (when the cross over from Treasure Island to Mt Olympus was under way) I was told I was in "villas" off site from the hotel as well... HOWEVER, this time we were checked into the PINE DELL MOTEL!!! which is now known as Building 12 of Mt Olympus but has not yet been renovated... if it is not renovated yet DO NOT charge $200 a night for a $49 a night motel room!!! It was HORRIBLE! I called and complained to which the manager Sharon DID MAKE RIGHT by switching us to a renovated room ... but the new room was FILTHY!!! The bathtub was dirty, there were cobwebs on all the wood trim and in the corner's of the room, dust bunny's on the wood floor and just an over all feeling of unclean, unkempt & uncared for rooms. And.. WHO THE HECK decides to NOT have a coffee maker in the room??? yes they provide instant coffee but what happens when you put a styrofoam cup in the microwave to heat water?? YES it melts!!!! OR is too hot to handle... STUPID MOVE to make housekeeping happy!! Due to the amount of expansion that has occurred over the years... Mt Olympus has lost focus on what is important.... CUSTOMER SATISIFACTION!!!! Also you need a translator to help with understanding the staff as the English they speak is quite broken & hard to understand....Advice is to BUY A DAY PASS but stay elsewhere... you will SAVE MONEY & be alot happier!!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here !
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michele W
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I love to leave great reviews of wonderful places. This is the exception. I wish we had checked tripadvisor BEFORE we booked, but last minute summer plans resulted in an overpriced, under-rated experience. We feel ripped off and gouged by this hotel. Close to $500 for the large family room in the main building – weekend rate without any advance – and it was a small room with two UNMADE bunk beds, no minimal amenities for the price (no microwave, no coffee, no lotion – just two bottles of shampoo and four towels – for five people). Oops, forget something? One of the kids forgot their toothbrush. We forgot a charger for a cell phone. The front desk was no help other than to suggest we go buy replacements. If you want to eat on site, again – be prepared to pay top dollar for pre-packaged, microwaved food. When I complained to a few of the staff about the service and lack of amenities, they sympathized with me and acknowledged that most guests felt the same way! We would never stay here again and will warn others to do the same.

3 Thank PMACon
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Mt. Olympus RESORT is deceptive. They have a range of "buildings" up and down the Dells that comprise Mt. Olympus, but these buildings are OLD hotels that they purchased then repainted. I stayed in building 18 on August 10, 2013 for 2 nights and they were the worse 2 nights i've spent in a hotel. This place makes motel 6 look luxurious. The headboards are panted on the wall, the mini refrigerator made this loud humming sound. The place did not feel clean at all. I was disgusted by the bathroom, it felt more like the bathroom at a gas station than that of one at a "RESORT". There is wi-fi but once our devices connected to the wireless router, we could not access the internet. THEY CHARGED US A $40 RESORT FEE.....THIS IS NO RESORT. So when checking out, I requested that the resort fee be refunded because this place doesn't qualify as a resort. August (the agent checking us out) kept telling me that the fee covers fitness center, pool towels and parking. THERE WAS NO FITNESS CENTER AT BUILDING 18 and we were never told that there is a fitness center at building 2 until we were checking out and complained about that fee. POOL TOWELS??? WHERE???? There were absolutely no pool towels in the waterpark, if they were, they were hidden. I would have much rather pay the $10 for parking to enter the theme park/waterpark than pay the $40 resort fee. When I complained about the fee and ask to speak with a manager, Igaa came out and based on how she spoke and her limited knowledge about what a resort is, I didn't feel she was a manager. She refused to refund the resort fee claiming its for the waterpark. I was so irate because they shouldn't be allowed to charge a resort fee without having the amenities to justify the fee. I work for a hotel, we have a fitness center, swimming pool, lounge, free wi-fi, business center and we DO NOT charge a resort fee. PLEASE JUST STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE, Try the Kalahari, Wilderness or anywhere else, this place is simply not worth it. The only advantage for staying here is that the waterpark and theme park is included in your stay so you access them for free. Once you make your reservation, if you change your mind anytime at all, even 1 minute after making the reservation, THEY will CHARGE YOU A CANCELLATION FEE. Their staff is composed of mostly foreigners that come to America on a work program, work here for a few months then return home. The unemployment rate is so high right now why not hire people that are already in the country that need a job? Well, they do this so they can pay them a very small salary. I wish I had heed the warning of others and not stayed here. You still have a choice, we all can't be wrong about this place. look at their ratings compared to other resorts in the Dells.

Room Tip: Building 2 is more expensive but that seems to be the only good one.....which is why it costs more.
4 Thank Deon M
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed in building 7 and feel duped! The resort looks beautiful then we drove off to our DUMPY hotel. The phones are not programmed to dial anywhere. The bunk beds had a sheet and blanket NOT made so I had to crawl around and do it myself. The cleaning staff never seems to show up when you are gone and they are able to clean your room. I had a picnic lunch across the parking lot and watched them clean all other rooms around ours. Then we left to go back to the water park... Perfect time to clean, but they waited. We came back and they knock and ask "do you need anything??". Toilet paper, soap and towels. Got towels. We ended up "stealing" Toilet paper from the cart! Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday... The cleaning staff has not once cleaned our room because we are back after being gone all day!
The building is made of cement blocks so the rooms are quiet BUT there are no ventilation fans in the bathroom. You can open the window but then people passing by can see into your bathroom!!! 5 people taking a shower and only one mirror in the bathroom that is constantly foggy due to the window being closed!! Also, instant coffee and a styrofoam cup to heat the water in the microwave. Has anyone successfully made a cup in the melting/shrinking cup? This article is poorly written because I am typing this on my phone. I am cuurently spending a sleepless night on the bunk bed mattress... It is very uncomfortable but I gave up my queen bed so my daughter could sleep better. No one should have to sleep on this mattress! I wouldn't even use it as a dog bed. PS unsecured wireless connection makes for happy hackers!!! Thank God I have 4g!!

• Stayed August 2013