“Very good experience!”
Review of Mt. Olympus Resort

Mt. Olympus Resort
Ranked #64 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was very scare to even open the door after all the bad reviews I've read here. The service at the front desk was really good, they were friendly and helpful. The room was really clean. Yes, it is true the bedrooms could have some upgrades but overall it was a decent room. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Jruiz33
Write a ReviewReviews (1,858)

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed at Mt Olympus July 27th for the WORST hotel experience of my life. We paid $323(and the people we were with paid $434). For that price I thought we would be getting a very nice room next to the park. We were nowhere near the park. Mt Olympus is located next to Top Secret; our building was located by downtown Dells behind Ripley's Believe It Or Not. When we checked in the staff told me it was a quick 2 minute walk which ended up being a 5-10 minute drive depending upon traffic. And what a dump, it looked like an old feed mill that they purchased and made into a hotel. It had an old college dorm look to the outside. The carpeting in the hall was stained, ripped and coming up all over. The walls were all scratched and kicked. The elevator was scratched and stained as well. This place made Motel 6 look like the Embassy Suites. I think what Mt Olympus did was to buy up all the old dumpy motels around the Dells, slap their name on them and advertise like they are quality rooms right at the park. I called to voice my concerns and they said they could put in another site but it did not meet the needs of our group as the rooms were smaller with only 1 bed and bunk beds.
We checked in at 11am and they took my cell phone number to text me with my room numbers. I was told by 4pm I would get a text. I had to call them around 5pm to get the information because they did not text me.
We usually stay at the Kalahari and all the rooms are very nice and clean. You can also walk inside the resort to get to the water park. And I could have gotten a REALLY nice room for $199 there. At the Kalahari everyone gets treated the same and that is EXCELLENT. I will not go back to Mt Olympus and I will not recommend it to anyone. Instead I will recommend the Kalahari Resort. If you like to pay way too much for a dumpy hotel at least blocks from the park then Mt Olympus is for you. If you like to stay in the same building as your park then do not visit Mt Olympus.

Room Tip: Stay at the Kalahari. We have been there about 10 times and have never had a bed experience. One t...
5  Thank Brandt T
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Here is the deal? Mt Olympus campground is directly across the street from their water park. Staying here allows everyone in you party to use any of the Mt Olympus water parks and theme park for free. The normal cost of the water park is $39.00 a day per person, so that is a deal!

If you do not have a camper, you can rent a tent or tree house. We had the full hook-up water site. The campers are placed in tight, about twelve feet a part from each other. My first few days was great, lots a space. The next few days, new campers moved in and gave me even less space. If you need you room, then this park might not be for you. If you need Internet it is very poor. People from the lower part of the campground had to bring their laptops closer to the building. I ended up tethering my phone.

7  Thank John A
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our room was 3/4 of a mile away in an old motel that they bought. No hand towels in the rooms and the hardwood floors constantly felt dirty from our shoes... We had to kill a couple of Spiders in the room also. Also the air conditioner was VERY loud. Most employees did not speak very good English so they were very hard to understand. Some of the rides seems run down, could use a coat of paint.

Room Tip: choose hotel rome.
2  Thank LSSURULES
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Rome. We actually had a room right around the corner from check in. I was worried about the noise, but it was close to the outside and the skyway to the indoor waterpark. The noise was no worse than any other busy hotel with guests coming in at different hours so don't expect quiet, but I really couldn't hear the busy check in area and we were feet away. The room was VERY HUMID so we tried to keep the area cool, but the beds felt damp during the stay. There is NO COFFEE POT in the room...bring one if you need it. We were bummed, but of course, we were only feet away from expensive coffee at the hotel. :) The mini fridge was very roomy, but did end up freezing some of our food so test out the number setting. You have to ask for new sheets as they'll just make up the bed. There are no rugs so the floor got a little sandy so I'd grab a small dustpan if that bugs you. The proximity of the waterpark and amusement park was awesome, but you have to make sure it's Hotel ROME to be on property. We went back to the room to make sammies and had some breakfast items. We spent $60 one day on lunch in the park for a family of four...can't get that back and the food isn't awesome, but average. If you are looking for a good hotel and great location and not afraid to spend $$$ than Hotel Rome will be a great fit.

Room Tip: The first floor allows for easy access when you have a large amount of luggage, etc.
1  Thank MomoftwoinMN
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Have been to this complex on multiple occasions and have never been disappointed. We attended as a family of 5, mom, dad and children ages 15, 19, and 22. Although we did not stay on the Mt. Olympus grounds this trip we have in the past and the rooms are more than adequate. Both the water park and amusement park completely satisfied us regarding what we were looking for. Indoor and outdoor water attractions are very fun, amusement part attractions are exciting. The roller coaster selection is great. Our favorite is Hades 360! The drops and speed are "frightening" in a good way and the underground, pitch black portions are, well, terrifying! What a great way to be scared! Highly recommend if you want both water and amusement attractions all in one complex.

Room Tip: You can go functional or fancy, they have whatever your preference is.
1  Thank YooperCheeseHead
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Took our camper (24 ft Kodiak Hybrid), for a 2-night stay at the campground. You can reserve either a gravel or blacktop RV site.....we had blacktop with full hook-ups including cable (101 stations scanned!). Small pool at campground was clean and fun for the kids. 2 baby slides into the pool. Sites are a bit close, and compare to a KOA in size, with just a few feet to your neighbor. This never bothers us, as we usually only are at the camper to eat and sleep. Quiet times were respected. Bathhouse is new, clean, with ample showers and toilets. They have tents already erected for rent, as well as treehouses. Saw folks playing basketball and tennis on-site. The best part about staying at this campground are the Mt. Olympus Water/Theme Park passes that are included in your stay. Campground is within walking distance, but you can park for free if you want to drive over. The day of departure, we were able to leave our camper after check-out in the theme park lot for FREE. This allowed us to drive about the Dells area, without worrying about the camper. We returned to find our camper safe and ready to roll home. This was a great value and we will be back next year for sure!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family