My family booked a trip to Mount Olympus in the Wisconsin Dells, planning to stay for two days and one night. We payed roughly $450 to spend one night in the hotel Rome, which had been very nice in the past, and for park admission. It was fairly steep, but still reasonable. Once we checked in, we discovered that we would be staying in one of the surrounding MOTELS that the Mt Olympus owner had recently purchased. Needless to say, we were upset, and after arguing the ridiculous price for one night in a from that you would normally spend $70 on, we really had no choice but to settle. We ended up in building #21 (Hotel Rome being building #1) which used to be the Copa Cabana Hotel. The place smelled like old French fries (and death). The carpets in the hallways were disgusting and stained- definitely not a place you would ever let your kid walk barefoot. The rooms were decent-looking (at first glance). It had wooden floors, two queen mattresses, and a bunk bed, and it matched the decor in the Rome hotel rooms, so at first, we decided we'd be alright. We only needed to be there one night anyways. We noticed that the lamp in the corner of the room had its lightbulb literally dangling by a thread. Talk about a lawsuit if a kid were to get electrocuted by that. We just figured we wouldn't turn it on. Then, one of my brothers situated himself on the bottom bunk, and discovered a Cheeto in the bed. We definitely had no Cheetos with us. We were obviously completely disgusted, because if they had changed or washed the sheets, there would be NO food from the previous guests. So then, we decided to search the rest of the room for things as gross as that. We pulled by the top sheet on the first queen and there were crumbs all over it. And they were like visibly varying types of crumbs. Then on the second queen, we pulled back the sheet to find what appeared to be PUBIC HAIR. (I wish I were kidding.) At this point, we got really irate with management and they sent a team in the clean the entire room. A man named Dave (not sure of his last name) was somehow able to get us a room at Rome (and we are eternally grateful to him). Then everything seemed a lot better. We were close to the park, we had comfier beds, and we probably also had less of a chance of bringing home bugs or some sort of disease. We went to the park, which is always very fun. Throughout the day, however, we noticed a few alarming things health-wise. The main one was, at one point, for whatever reason,there was a big pile of human feces on the ground in the middle of the walkway. I highly doubt that someone popped a squat and took a crap right there- so it might have fallen out of a diaper or something, but a worker on the grounds simply moved an advertisement sign over the area (after people-possibly barefoot at the pool- had tracked through it). The next day, we noticed that it still had not been cleaned up. My family has been coming here for years, and we have NEVER seen it this bad. It's really going downhill. And it's sad because it was always a really fun place to be. If you're going to visit, I suggest only going for a day, or not spending the night at one of their "resorts".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mt. Olympus Resort provides our guests with both Indoor and Outdoor Water & Theme Park fun! All 1300 Mt. Olympus Resort rooms are spread over the famous Wisconsin Dells Strip, surrounding Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park. Free skiing, tubing, snowboarding and Golf passes (depending on season) are included with stay, Free wi-fi access available, 44 Indoor and Outdoor Water Slides, 4 Interactive Children's water play areas, 7 Outdoor Go-Kart Tracks, 1 Indoor Go-Kart Track, 5 Outdoor Roller Coasters, 1 Surf pool, creating 9ft waves! 1 Wave pool and a giant water fortress. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Mt. Olympus Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rome - At Mt. Olympus Water And Theme Park
- Wisconsin Dells Treasure Island
- Treasure Island Wisconsin Dells
- Treasure Island Water Park Resort