“$$ but you can't beat the convenience”
Review of Mt. Olympus Resort

Mt. Olympus Resort
Ranked #64 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
NEPA
“$$ but you can't beat the convenience”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed in Rome, which is right across the parking lot from the water/amusement park. This was handy for the younger kids in the party, who were able to come back and nap. The stay and play deal is nice, admission to the park the day you arrive and the day you depart is included in the price of the room, but because of that, the rooms are pricey and vary w/the number of people in the room. Lots of rooms with bunk beds for kids, those are fun and BIG. Kind of spartan, though- no carpet or upholstered chairs, but that's probably best when everyone is sopping wet! Microwave, mini fridge, Comfy beds and pillows, hair dryer are provided. Oh, and for some reason, our room smelled like a cedar closet ( or a gerbil cage, as our kid said).

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank NEPAjtraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Hebrew first
Normal, Illinois, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2013

we went for a 3 night getaway with our almost 4 year old daughter. we were pleased with the customer service and the rates had gone down since we booked so they gave us a room credit which was nice. There was so much to do indoor and outdoor. It was very close to the "main strip" and lots of restaurants and other activities. The food they served at the resort wasn't that great. The walls are thin and we could hear our neighbors one of the nights, it was very loud.

1 Thank Emily I
McHenry, Illinois
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My sister and I went to My Olympus with our grandchildren for a weekend. We had a room in the villlage. As others have said, the rooms in the village are spread up and down the blvd. Our room had two queen beds and a set of bunk beds. Perfect for us and the 2 grand kids. the room was clean, the beds comfortable and the shower clean and hot, you can't ask for more in a room, thought the AC was a little loud. To be honest, we picked this park mainly because of the price. the other parks were outrageous in price we thought and we never regretted our choice.
This was our first visit to any water park. Weather did not cooperate so it was chilly at the outside park so we used the indoor park. The kids loved it, though on a Sat afternoon there was barely room to move it was so crowded. It would have been nice if you had room to swim or really move down the lazy river, but it was very very crowded because of the weather outside.
The amusement park was fun with enough kiddie rides to satisfy a 5 yr old and the 8 yr old actually got me on a roller coaster. Great weekend and we would return again.
...

3 Thank lizzwh
Janesville, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I had made reservations a few weeks ago for two double beds and bunk beds in Mykonos Village after getting a great deal through a promo code that I had. THEN I started reading all the reviews and was pretty scared. I went in with low expectations and left quite pleased. First of all, we got a great deal. AND, the hotel was clean and our room was nice. I'm not a huge fan of the laminate flooring, but I guess that is much cleaner than carpet. We have stayed at Hotel Rome in the past and this is the EXACT same room and set up as there. The Human Resource department and housekeeping staff was very nice, brought us extra blankets when we requested. There is an Arcade which is affordable (many games only $0.25 up to $1.00) and a gathering area with two pool tables.

Saying all this, I have to mention the cons.....the walls were thin. You could easily hear the running in the hallways and talking/yelling by other patrons. We were there on a Thursday night, and the weather was cooler, so it wasn't a crazy busy time. I probably would NOT stay here on a weekend in the summer as I don't think you would get a good nights sleep. Either way, bring earplugs.

This resort is literally 1-2 minutes away. I thought for the money it saved, it was worth staying here versus Hotel Rome.

3 Thank Wendy V
Shelbyville, Illinois
Reviewed June 3, 2013

i read lots of bad got a little scared off but it was nice the room the park even got to enjoy the picnic area kids played on swings and slide ate pizza a little cold for outdoor park but that is not there fault

Room Tip: we stayed in building ten it is nice
1 Thank Kevin B
Quincy, Illinois
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Just returned from our 3 night trip here. Was very worried after reading the reviews. Staff was wonderful! Resort was wonderful, beautifully kept grounds, very clean. I recommend it for older kids and adults. Great price for room and unlimited entrance to all 4 parks. Great rollercoasters! The go-carts were not meant for younger children. Employees tried to control the roughness of people driving, but no luck. No one was kicked off of them for roughness, though. Hades just openned. My husband and son have ridden the Dragster in Cedar Point and Hades freaked my husband out more! All food prices in resort were reasonable for the area. Cheaper than a Six Flaggs. Our kids, 11 and 12, didn't want to go anywhere else. We ventured out a few times for mini-golf, downtown, eating out, Witch's Gultch, but they couldn't wait to get back. We drove around Noah's Ark-it looked out of date, but we had a difficult time even finding a way in. The parking lot was not well kept. It was cold, so we didn't bother planning a day there.
Stayed in village next to resort- maids were nice, extra towels provided nightly!, yes-only 1 blanket per bed-we were prepared and brought extra blankets. Great neighbors. Everyone was quiet. There is a connecting door and hallway to room in back of building. Could really hear those people during day, but they were quiet at night. Little hot water. The maintenance man said they have trouble keeping up with the hot water-the 2 heaters can't keep up. Mt. Olympus, with all of your wonderful improvements after reading the terrible reviews- everyone needs hot water! If you can't keep up with 2 hot water heaters, then put in more! I did not have a hot shower all 3 days. 2 lukewarm and 1 icy. Microwave and Frig. but no coffee pot. I was prepared and drove to Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds, and Starbucks each morning in my pjs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Cari F
Milwaukee, Wis.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I wanted to take a short vacation nearby, and settled on Mt. Olympus resort. (More accurately, Hotel Rome of that complex. The firm owns several properties in the Lake Delton/Wisconsin Dells area.)

One thing that attracted me to the hotel was the proximity to the indoor theme/attraction building and the outdoor grounds, Mt. Olympus proper. I stayed in late April, so the only outdoor ride available was the go-kart track. That was open Saturday afternoon. The indoor theme park was open most of the day.

Overall, I had a very nice experience. The hotel in general and my room in particular were very clean and comfortable. Check-in went smoothy, but I stayed during an off-peak time. The front desk had at least a half-dozen stations, so they could handle quite a crowd.

An information desk in the lobby is staffed throughout the day. Those folks are very friendly and helpful. Despite the amenities on the property, they eagerly offer a collection of brochures about area attractions. Have a question? Ask those folks.

The indoor water park was fun. I've enjoyed it before and would use it again in the off season. Haven't had the chance to visit this resort during the summer, so I can't report on the outdoor water slides or other rides (including at least two roller coasters).

The indoor theme building is mostly for kids, but sports a roller coaster that is surprisingly thrilling. Yep, and indoor roller coaster. It's about three stories tall, and really whips you around. Sit on the left side of the car for maximum thrill.

All visitors to Mt. Olympus-owned properties get a pass (wristband) for the attractions. When you consider I paid an off-season rate for the room, I got a pretty good deal. (Stayed Sunday to Wednesday, too.)

My room was on first floor just beyond the front desk. Hallway noise was negligible. But, again, this was the off season. I imagine when summer arrives the kids will be all over the building.

If you like to get away and don't mind walking a bit, there are some restaurants and attractions within about a 15-minute walk. Else, just hop in the car and drive. There is quite a lot to do and see in The Dells.

Having stayed at major all-inclusive resorts a number of times, I'm accustomed to having a safe in the room. It would be nice if this resort included one, but it's not a deal-breaker.

Any issues? Not that I can recall, at least that can be attributed to the resort. (A teenage jerk at the roller coaster could use some old-fashioned discipline.) I liked having the water park and rides right on the grounds. If you're going to stay at a Mt. Olympus-owned property and don't like to drive to the theme parks, try to get a room at Hotel Rome. You're right there.

Room Tip: If you have a large vehicle, you may need to park farther back in the lot. Ask about that at the fro...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo