Mt. Olympus Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$62
$59
Ramada Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$67
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$108
$94
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$89
HIExpress.com
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
$130
$139
Kalahari Resorts & Conventions(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$160
Groupon.com
Black Hawk Motel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$69
$67
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$85
Alakai Hotel and Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$69
Hotels.com
1,996 results
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Mt Olympus's waterpark I'd give a B. Just because it's well, it's average. Just your typical waterpark. But they have a pretty amazing theme park! The rollercoasters are so thrilling and intense. And maybe it's me, but I never felt 100% safe on them. They seem run down and rickety to me. Another downside is the cleanliness. Lets face it- this place is dirty. It just is. But it's still fun. I recommend Kalahari as the best Dells waterpark resort

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Nate R
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We decided to book a weekend trip to the Dells last minute. I looked at all of the resorts with indoor waterparks and this one was one of the cheapest by a long shot. After reading the reviews I realized staying at any of the "village" rooms would be a bad idea, so I paid the extra for Hotel Rome. It was worth the extra money because we were on site and the waterpark is connected. It was a bit of a walk to get to the pool but at least we didn't have to drive. The room was clean and comfortable. I was nervous because when booking the picture stated that it may not be representative of the actual room. Thankfully it was!

Now for the bad part. As soon as we checked in my husband went to get a cart to haul all of our things in. He was stopped by a timeshare shark. Of course they were offering $100 Visa card if you would come check out the place the next day. He also gave me a free coupon book ("welcome packet") that I could pick up myself right inside the doors. I was really surprised and annoyed At the whole ordeal. They are set up right inside the front door before you even get to the front desk!!!!!

The front desk area was large and check in was efficient. We got a map, our bracelets (must be worn to get in to the pool and indoor/outdoor parks, $20 charge if you need a replacement) and keys. The bracelet can also be used to charge things to your room.

Our room was on the 2nd floor and the window actually opened. It was nice to have fresh air in the room.

As mentioned previously, the village rooms are spread out all along the street in multiple buildings. It looks like they bought a bunch of the older/smaller motels and turned them into their buildings. Some could be an easy walk, but if its winter you'd have to drive to the wAterpark.

The waterpark was good for our 14 month old. I think older kids would be bored quickly because there are only a few slides.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank iheartplaya
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Loved the experience at Mt Olympus Village. Good value and great waterpark and theme park was included with our stay. Our kids loved the opa coaster and go karts. Waterpark staff and hotel will very clean and friendly for families. Would stay again..

Room Tip: Bunks beds kids will love them.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed in the Rome room in Mt Olympus, it was very nice and location was very nice. The rooms were normal sized and the bathroom was nice. It wasn't overly huge, but had a nice layout and plenty of room for my husband and I. We were not far from the indoor waterpark and was happy all the way around, we would stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We have stayed at Mt. Olympus several times in the past, the first time right after the water park was built and the last time two years ago.

This time when I booked we stayed at one of the Village properties (located off-site). The cost was considerably cheaper ($150 for two nights, compared to $315). We were put in building 10 (I think there are 20-some buildings in the "village"). They start at the Hotel Rome and go towards the Lake Delton Fire Department. They are all painted blue and white and have a road that runs behind the buildings that takes you to the main complex (Hotel Rome, the water park, and the theme parks) (note: at least buildings 1-10 had this road) so you do not have to drive on the main Dells drag. I was a little scared to stay at an off-site property, but was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't fancy, but a nice hotel building. Our room was bigger than we booked, with two queens and a bunk. There was also an arcade in the lobby for the kids.

We went this past weekend, April 26 - 28, 2013. On the website it stated the outdoor theme park (which is the only reason we went (our kids are 10 and 14), to ride go karts) was open Friday - Sunday, weather permitting. When we arrived on Friday it was sunny, beautiful, 65 degrees, but the outdoor park wasn't open. I even called and spoke to a receptionist days before making my reservation to make sure it was going to be open.

When the outdoor park was open, they had two go kart tracks running and one roller coaster. It was about a 30-45 minute wait (or longer) to ride the go karts. Sunday afternoon we were able to ride twice between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm.

The water park is geared towards younger children (I would say under 12). It is nice and there are a couple larger water slides, but my 14 year old hung out by my husband and I most of the time.

There is a full bar located in several areas. This was a bonus to be able to have a beer and watch the kids playing.

It is getting a little rundown (compared to when it was first opened and a smaller resort), but that is to be expected with all the families going through there year-round.

There are no restaurants on-site, except for snacky foods. Since we stayed off-site and had to drive to the attractions anyway, it wasn't a problem. But if you're planning on parking and walking the entire time, that won't be possible (unless you order in pizzas).

The theme and water parks are also open to outside patrons, so it can get really packed with people staying on other hotels and paying $30 for the day, per person, to swim and play.

Until the kids are out of school, be aware that their website hours for attractions are not accurate (and neither is calling). Don't be surprised if you show up and the park(s) are closed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family