“AMAZING STAY....DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE :D”
Review of Mt. Olympus Resort

Mt. Olympus Resort
Ranked #64 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed February 25, 2013

WOW!! I'm not usually a fan of WI Dells, but I live in Vegas and when I came home, I wanted to take my niece, nephew, and friend for a weekend to spend time with them. As soon as we came in, we were welcomed by a wonderful front desk staff. We were shown to our room in Hotel Rome which our room was beautiful. There were 2 bunk beds separated by a wall and then theres 2 queen beds. I was impressed and so was everyone else. While getting ready, my friend was welcomed to the hotel by a spider. She was not impressed. The bathroom was clean, except for the spider and the room was very clean. The beds were very comfortable and the sleep quality of our stay was GREAT! The water park is amazing lots of things to do and the arcade was a great way to keep them occupied...even my 23 year old friend haha. There is also some great restaurants around the hotel and Cafe Opa! Is really good for a quick breakfast. They even carried some Starbucks items which was GREAT!! I was by far impressed by this. I recommend it!

Room Tip: If you have kids, definitely choose a room with the bunk beds. Believe me, it makes a difference!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JadeK323
Christin B, Manager at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

I am always pleased to hear when a family has a memorable vacation with us, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our staff strive on making your stay the most comfortable and pleasant as possible and I'm glad they did just that. I do hope you and your family come stay with us again in the future. We thank you again for your wonderful feedback, it is always appreciated.

There are newer reviews for Mt. Olympus Resort

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We did this resort for spring break and it was super busy. The lines were very long and the staff was not helpful at all. We ended up exploring on our own. I would have preferred staying at an off site big chain hotel and just come there fir the watermark. The theme park wasn't all that great great either only one of the roller coasters were open. The elevator was very small and cramped. The rooms were an awful cheap Grecian theme.

• Stayed: March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns with your previous stay. I do want to apologize that you feel our resort and park were not up to par.
Spring break is a peak time for the Wisconsin Dells area and all of the large water park resorts are usually full with spring breakers which in turn make for large lines at the attractions. Even though we do not have our large summer staff during this time we still try to make more attractions open for our guests during this time like a couple go karts and a roller coaster in our out door theme park. We try to make this an added bonus for our guests as long as the weather permits it. Also we have our indoor water park and indoor theme park open to our guests during this time.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I think that overall it was a good stay the water park was awesome I loved the wave pool but there was a lot of people the food was over priced so I recommend bringing food with you to save money but the hotel giftshop was pricey and I loved the arcade it was spectacular dont believe what other people say about this hotel being a dump oh and the wait in line was about 10-15min and make sure when your booking onli ne that it dosent say that your room is in like another "village" (poseidon , zeus etc.)

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank janet t
Christin B, Manager at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our parks. Mt. Olympus wants to thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us and we would love for you and your family to come back and stay with us again. Hope to see you back with us in the near future!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed on location at Hotel Rome. Our stay was pleasant, except for a few small minor negatives, which we closed our eye too, as this IS a place for KIDS. I think there are reviews on here from very negative people. People who find one negative that changes their whole mindset into finding every little possible thing wrong. Our check- in was not bad at all. There is only a small elevator near check in, but there IS other elevators in the hotel. The room was clean, warm and had hardwood floors, flatscreen tv, desk, working microwave and cold mini fridge, but no dressers. The water was hot. The minor negative was you could hear other rooms turn on their water. (common in older building) Further, as this IS a place for KIDS, you could here kids running up and down the hallways with excitement. (hello, get over it) I would however recommend bringing blankets, because the blankets provided are very thin. The indoor water park was perfect for our son who is 9yrs old. It was not too big that we could loose him. There are 5 slides, kiddie area, two hot tubs and a small pool. We got there right when they opened, because we wanted to get a table... and we did. Perfect. You do however have to walk through the Indoor Waterpark to gain access to the Indoor Theme Park. The Theme Park was indeed small, but it sufficied. There was full bar service in both the indoor Waterpark and in the Theme Park as well as food; burgers, pizza, hot dogs, salads nachos.etc. We took advantage of the snow tubing and really enjoyed this extra activity. The snow tubing is at Christmas Mountain Resort about a 15 minute drive from the hotel. This was overall a nice 2 night getaway with loads of fun for our son=enough said.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get a room in the main building.... The Rome.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank donnawhalen2

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your vacation experience with us.The staff here at Mt. Olympus are appreciative of any and all feedback we get from our guests.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and your son fully enjoyed our parks.

Happy to hear that you also took advantage of the snow tubing that comes with your stay, kids and adults of all ages usually have a blast with this extra amenity. We do hope to see you and your family back with us again in the future.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Rome over the last weekend. This was a surprise my husband and I had planned for our three kids. I was very dissapointed. The wait to get into our room was awful as it was and there was not muct to do in the theme park. The staff was rude in many ways. My daughter cut her heel in the lazy river and we waited for 20 minutes to ask for a band aid before I finally said to heck with it and went back to our room. There was no room in the water park at all and my kids were upset that there wasn't really a pool they could just swim in. They would get yelled at for swimming or playing in the lazy river and they couldn't swim anywhere else. The one pool they could was full of a bunch of rowdy kids that were not once told to calm down. One teenager ran into a 3 year old and almost knocked them out they way they jumped over her. Our room was nothing like we thought, our bathroom was dirty, the blankets did no good because they were so thin. The hallways looked horrible. For the amount of money we paid I am very dissapointed. After this, we will be checking reviews, doing research and staying somewhere much nicer where its clean and the staff is very nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Courtney S

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us, and apologize for any issues you had during your stay. We always have staff on hand that would be able to assist in any issues that were reported to us. Our staff members will always assist as much as possible to make sure your time with us is as enjoyable as possible. Each of our staff members, in all departments, strives to ensure a great vacation for each of our guests.

All of our lifeguards are equipped with a first aid kit on their persons at all times and are able to assist in any injuries when notified of them. For the safety or our guests and especially the children, we do require you to stay in the tubes while on the lazy river, this keeps from any accidents from happening.

If you would like to speak further about these issues please feel free to contact me at 1-800-800-4997. Ext 677 Thank You.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Check-in was OK. Felt like check-in into a cheap motel. Upon leaving the check-in area, we were stopped by a person with timeshare kind of thing for some incentives. Because of the limited time we had, we didn't bother spending our time that way.

Rooms were clean and was like it was described. We stayed in two bed room. One of the room had the opening on top of the wall (issue for privacy) and other room was completly private.

Swimming pool and indoor theme park was good to spend 5-7 hours for all aged group of people.

Everything is pretty close by in the area.
Check-out was fast.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Andy K
Christin B, Manager at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

We thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and accommodations with us. Mt. Olympus hopes you and your family visit us again in the near future for your next vacation.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I took my family on a weekend getaway to Wisconsin Dells for the first time in the middle of the winter. I must say we had a blast, especially in the indoor pools. The pools were very safe and the kids were excited. We did not have to leave the hotel because there was always something to do on the premises. Good value for the money.... All rides were included with our stay.

My only complaint is that the rooms did not look as nice as the advertisements.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Mt. Olympus is very happy to hear you and your children had such a great time in our indoor parks. The staff here at Mt. Olympus strive to make all of our guests getaways with us as memorable and comfortable as possible and we are glad to hear that we did just that for you and your family. We sincerely appreciate your good feedback and hope to see you here at Mt.Olympus Resorts again soon.