“Mykonos Village ~ College Dormitory?” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Mt. Olympus Resort
Ranked #62 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Mykonos Village ~ College Dormitory?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

We felt like we were at a College Frat Party all weekend!!! My daughter had a volleyball tournament in the Dells. A few of the families stayed Friday - Sunday. The majority of us stayed at Mykonos Village #10, which is 1 of the hotels recently bought & remodeled by Mt. Olympus. Check in is done at Mt. Olympus. When getting to the hotel we were staying at, we couldn't figure out where to go in. There was a sign in the front of the hotel, where the lobby used to be, that said, 'Employees Only'. The parking is in the back, & you are completely on your own. There is NO lobby, front desk, employees, etc. NO security on sight ~ nothing! We arrived about 6:00 pm & were greeted by a group of young men, who were so stoned & so drunk! On Saturday, they were already 'gone' by 11:00 am. They were asking our teenage girls if they would like a drink or wanted to party & get high. The most awful foul language was being used! Saturday night, when the girls needed their rest for the tournament, the young men were in the hallways, yelling, fighting, smoking, etc. Needless to say, not many of us got much sleep either night! I would think this should be a family atmosphere! We all were very, very uncomfortable! We went to Mt. Olympus waterpark on Saturday & there is NOT enough parking, or room in the waterpark for all the people staying in all of the Mykonos Villages. It seems as though, Mt. Olympus is taking over the Dells & I truly believe this will be a bad thing!!! The hallways could've been vaccumed and wiped down. On the plus side, the rooms were clean, with a fridge & microwave.

I am truly sorry to complain, as I always try to see the good side of everything! But, people MUST know what they are getting into when stayng at the Mykonos Village Hotels.

1 Thank disney62
Christin B, Manager at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We appreciate your feedback from your recent stay with us at Mt. Olympus Resorts and apologize for the inconveniences during your stay. These issues will be brought to the attention of our department managers. Our staff does work their hardest to keep our resort as clean as possible for our guests.
We do have staff to assistance if it is required, housekeeping, maintenance, staffing for noise issues. These people are always available for assistance if needed. We do recommend that if there are issues with any amenities during your stay with us, always contact the front desk. This way we are able to fix any concerns that are brought to us promptly.

The staff here at Mt. Olympus are working on creating a family environment at all of our properties, and always enjoy feedback that will help better our guests stay. If you would like to speak further about your stay please feel free to contact me at 1-800-800-4997 Ext 677.

Mt. Olympus Resort Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Hebrew first
Alma, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

We decided to check out Mount Olympus and we hated it. We had to reservations for my family and my brother in laws family. To start the explained that they had upgraded him to a larger room. Little did he know it was in a shady hotel about a mile away from the the actual Hotel. Upon hearing this when I arrived I explained we did not want to stay at some other hotel and the they were very rude and it was my fault. I then said we would not be staying because we were never told about these other hotels we would be placed. They said that was my fault and they would still charge me for the full first night rate.

My brother in law at that time had come back because he was angry as well and the hotel they sent them to was still under construction with saws and drills blaring and the smell of fresh paint and construction guys swearing while him and his two kids were looking for there room.

After a long discussion they finally changed our rooms but it took my wife and two kids crying because they saw how upset my wife was getting. We simply had a just the worst experience you could think of.

The water park is small and the theme park has nothing for small children except a ball pit that was just disgusting. The food was horrible. The first night my four year old had to ask why the drunk gentleman was yelling and screaming in the lobby as we came back to the room. He sat there all night with a case of beer being belligerent and no one said a thing. While checking out I overheard three guests talking about the horrible accommodation and one who said they had caught 2 roaches in their room.

Never coming again. Tell your staff to maybe not be so rude to the guests.

3 Thank Bill M
Christin B, Manager at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
I apologize that your stay at Mt. Olympus was no other than a great experience. We as a team try to do our very best at explaining to our guests the difference in room styles and locations that we have to offer. We have many different options at different price ranges depending on how close you would like to stay to our water and theme parks. If you would like to talk further about these matters please feel free to contact me at 1-800-800-4997 Ext 677.

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed here for my sons birthday. When we booked the rooms I was not told that are room was not located near the indoor water park we ended up driving about a mile nad a half which might not have bother me so much had it not been winter and I have 3 young kids to have to take them in and out of the car when they are wet is not a good time to me and they don't have changing rooms in the bathrooms it is just one big open area with benches and showers so you have people changing right in front of you I like more privacy then that so we would not change are clothes at the pool.
the room was ok but no carpeting and with snow on the ground the floors were wet and kids were slipping in the water I used are towels for the showers and I could not get anymore since we were in the village there was not hotel staff at the property I would have to go to the mail hotel to get more.
I do not know If I would go back for the price I paid I think I would spend the extra money and stay in a nicer hotel that is all in one. the villages are older hotels the hotel rome had baught up so they are nothing fancy for the price you pay you feel like you are styaing at a super 8 or something I was just not impressed with the rooom or the water park it is much smaller then I was expecting it is all cramped together.
The rooms were clean but the beds were horrible I think they came with the hotel they were not comfortable at all.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Keri5
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from your stay with us. I personally, along with many others monitor our reservations staff to ensure that all of our potential resort guests are being given the correct information. I do understand that it is more convenient to stay at our premier hotel, Hotel Rome during the winter months, because it is connected to our indoor water park by an enclosed sky walk.
When staying at any Mt. Olympus building we do offer full service housekeeping with just one call to the front desk. We do have staff at every resort building that promptly responds to any and all guest requests. Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you here at Mt. Olympus Resort in the future.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

We brought two families... 4 adults and 3 children to hotel Rome. Everything seemed fine when we got there. We hauled all of our junk up to our room and unpacked. First off the room looked much bigger in the pictures than it was. There was not much room for the 7 of us. We ordered pizza that night. We went to take a plate out of the cabinet and a COCKROACH ran up the cabinet wall!!!! Talk about disgusting!!!!!!!!!!! We were about to eat off of those plates! We caught the roach and called the front desk to talk to the manager. They apologized for it but "I'm sorry" does NO justice!! We asked what they would do for us as far as compensation and they offered to move our room... Well no duh! We askec if they would knock off part of the bill for our troubles and the manager told us $15!!!!!!!! Really?? I would have liked him to walk up to our room and said that to our face. UNBELIVEABLE!!!! We got our money back and went to the wilderness which had a much bigger room for us for only $30 more. We did not want to stay there anyway because where there is one cockroach there are many... There is never just ONE!!!! This place sucked and I feel bad for the people who didn't find the cockroaches and brought them home in their bags!!!! AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Thank Amber234
Christin B, Manager at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns with us. The staff here at Mt. Olympus take these matters seriously, we make sure to take the correct precautions and do daily inspections so these problems do not come about.
We did have the Wisconsin state health inspector come and inspect this room per your request and they confirmed that there were no cockroaches or any other insects found in the room.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

It was ok, was here over the weekend....rooms were smaller then on website...could of had a covered trail from indoor pool to indoor theme park.... Indoor Theme Park could of been open later like the indoor pool.....8pm is way too early to be closing! Starbucks could of been open much earlier.....oh and your T.V.s could of been on the wall for the whole room to watch, couldnt even turn the T.V for other bed to watch....

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank korenakay
Christin B, Manager at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Mt. Olympus appreciates all the feedback our guests provide us with and we will make sure all of your concerns and suggestions get passed on to the correct department heads. We thank you for choosing Mt. Olympus Resort for your vacation destination and we do hope to see you and your family here with us again in the future.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

All I can say is gross and trashy. People walk barefooted through the entire hotel to get to the water park. People are drinking everywhere and can't keep track of their children. No one enforces any of the hotel or water park rules. They have full bars right next to the pool and in the theme park. All the rides say "do not ride under the influence", but everyone does. I won't feel safe with my kids riding go carts with drunk people riding them too. all we heard all night were kids running through the halls, doors slamming, and drunk people yelling. We will not be going back.

3 Thank amnkoller
I apologize that you felt your stay with Mt. Olympus Resort was not satisfactory. Please keep in mind we are a vacation destination, bars and eateries in the park themselves are known amenities found at any large resort.
Our staff as a safety measure recommend footwear when walking to and from the parks, how ever with our main resort building having a water park attached, policing this is nearly impossible.
When it comes to noise issues here at the resort we strive ourselves on making the guests stay with us as comfortable and pleasant as possible. We do have staff that try to keep an eye on any noise issues that may arise and take care of them promptly once we receive notice.
Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns to us. We do hope to see you back at Mt. Olympus Resorts in the future.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Mt. Olympus's website is very misleading to travelers. Until you see your room conformation you don't know you aren't staying at the main resort next to the water park. In the Village rooms you have to drive to the water park. The Village room properties don't have security or even an attendant. The Village room properties are a big party due to the lack of supervision on the property. Cheap rooms yes not bad if you could go to sleep before 5am. Book at the Rome hotel if you want to be close to the water park and the fun, but you will pay for it. At check in all the guests staying in the Village rooms were shocked to hear that they were a mile or more from the water park. If you really want to go to Mt. Olympus buy the pass and stay somewhere else.

10 Thank Colemichaels
Christin B, Manager at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
We do apologize for any misunderstanding there was while you were booking your stay with us online. We do try to make it clear to our guests on our website that when they are booking a Village room it is not located on site of our park. We do have this stated underneath all of the “Village” room styles on our website; ”This room is located in one of our resort buildings that surround Mt. Olympus Water & Theme park and are spread over the famous Wisconsin Dells Strip. Registration is located across from Mt. Olympus Indoor Water Park.” We then also have it stated in your email confirmation; “Please be aware that you are not at Mt. Olympus' on site Resort (Hotel Rome), if you would be interested in upgrading, please call 1-800-800-4997. All Mt. Olympus Village rooms are located in 20 separate resort buildings -- spread over the famous Wisconsin Dells Strip, surrounding Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park. The Villages Main Lobby, including Registration, is located inside Hotel Rome Building 1.”

We do strive to make our guest’s stay with us as comfortable and memorable as possible. If a guest is not satisfied with their rooms’ location we try our best to move them to a more suitable building if available, with doing so upgrade charges may apply. All of our Village buildings have housekeeping and maintenance staffed in them and is available at anytime to assist guests with any questions or concerns they may have and deal with any noise issues that come up or that we are made aware of.