We decided to check out Mount Olympus and we hated it. We had to reservations for my family and my brother in laws family. To start the explained that they had upgraded him to a larger room. Little did he know it was in a shady hotel about a mile away from the the actual Hotel. Upon hearing this when I arrived I explained we did not want to stay at some other hotel and the they were very rude and it was my fault. I then said we would not be staying because we were never told about these other hotels we would be placed. They said that was my fault and they would still charge me for the full first night rate.
My brother in law at that time had come back because he was angry as well and the hotel they sent them to was still under construction with saws and drills blaring and the smell of fresh paint and construction guys swearing while him and his two kids were looking for there room.
After a long discussion they finally changed our rooms but it took my wife and two kids crying because they saw how upset my wife was getting. We simply had a just the worst experience you could think of.
The water park is small and the theme park has nothing for small children except a ball pit that was just disgusting. The food was horrible. The first night my four year old had to ask why the drunk gentleman was yelling and screaming in the lobby as we came back to the room. He sat there all night with a case of beer being belligerent and no one said a thing. While checking out I overheard three guests talking about the horrible accommodation and one who said they had caught 2 roaches in their room.
Never coming again. Tell your staff to maybe not be so rude to the guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mt. Olympus Resort provides our guests with both Indoor and Outdoor Water & Theme Park fun! All 1300 Mt. Olympus Resort rooms are spread over the famous Wisconsin Dells Strip, surrounding Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park. Free skiing, tubing, snowboarding and Golf passes (depending on season) are included with stay, Free wi-fi access available, 44 Indoor and Outdoor Water Slides, 4 Interactive Children's water play areas, 7 Outdoor Go-Kart Tracks, 5 Outdoor Roller Coasters, 1 Surf pool, creating 9ft waves! 1 Wave pool and a giant water fortress. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Mt. Olympus Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rome - At Mt. Olympus Water And Theme Park
- Wisconsin Dells Treasure Island
- Treasure Island Wisconsin Dells
- Treasure Island Water Park Resort