Mt. Olympus Resort
Day's End Motel(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$54
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$89
Ramada Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$67
$139
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$109
$94
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
$130
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$85
Baker's Sunset Bay Resort(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$78
$76
Hotels.com
Alakai Hotel and Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$69
Kalahari Resorts & Conventions(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$160
Groupon.com
1,994 results
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is a joke, on the website looks amazing, how can you know that you will stay 10 blocks or more away from the waterpark, really bad, this is just a cheating to the customer thing.. pretty bad, I wouldn't bring my family back again.. I spend a couple of nights on a Hotel in MI close to the Mall Las Americas with a "Real Indoor water park", everything connected, pretty nice, clean, room not the best but much better compared with this Olympus..

What can I say, I feel that I was fool..

Room Tip: Get a different hotel, pay for your tickets if you want to enjoy the water park, or choose another different than Olympus
1  Thank Gildardo T
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This Is a classic case of bait and switch. We booked online and, boy, that was an error. The online map looks like it is one property with multiple buildings. It isn't. Liquor stores and gas stations and other hotels separate the buildings. When you book online, they randomly assign you a building and we got a room that is nearly a mile from the waterpark. The operator obviously just bought up all the old motels, put a coat of paint on them and said it was part of the resort. Our building was circa 1969 and it STUNK. The stench was so bad, we literally gagged upon entering. If one reads my older reviews, you'll see that I am not so hard to please so me giving this a one star means the place is an absolute dump. The room was tiny, the TV was from 1980, and there were filthy windows. To add a bit of class they used a chunk of broken cement as a doorstop. No pool either. Aside from decrepit state of the building, it should be noted that the front desk staff were less than helpful. In fact they were downright ignorant, rude and generally useless. I imagine they face a barrage of horrified guests complaining about the dumpiness but they could at least express some compassion. I have never experienced a worse stay. Thank heavens we only booked one night. Enjoy yourself and book another resort (like the Kalahari) where you don't live in filth.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TravellingTourist
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Our family of five took a last minute trip to Hotel Rome this past weekend and after reading the reviews here, went into a bit of a panic. We wanted to do something special for the kids before school started back up and thought the Dells would be a perfect, easy getaway. Wilderness was fully booked and Kalahari only had suites left so after doing some research, chose Mt. Olympus based on location and price.

After booking, I read the reviews here and worried that we made a mistake. I am not going to lie, we did overpay, but I also booked one day in advance so I didn't expect any sort of wonderful deal for an August weekend in the Dells. With that being said, we were pleasantly surprised that upon arrival we didn't have to deal with any of the torturous lines others talked about, check-in took about 10 minutes even with a small line and we were able to get into our room well before 4pm.

Our room was on the third floor, facing the park, and was VERY clean and spacious and was more then enough for our family of five. The decor was basic and the kids loved the Greek theme and bunkbeds. I loved the fact that there was a fridge and microwave inside as well. The beds and pillows were a little more firm then I like but I managed just fine. We had several towels in our bathroom (I counted seven) and never saw a single ant as others have mentioned.

One complaint I do have is that there are only two elevators in the whole hotel and they were really tiny and not very clean. I guess with only four floors that is not a huge deal, but my family of five with our luggage and stroller barely fit inside which I found odd.

The indoor theme park was very cheesy, I expected more so that was a bit disappointing. The indoor waterpark was on the smaller side as well, but my kids enjoyed it so I can't complain. We didn't really get to utilize the outdoor waterpark much because it happened to be a very cool weekend. It was still plenty crowded even though it was only in the mid 70s. The outdoor theme park was fun, my kids and husband liked the go-karts and roller coasters. We didn't eat any food in the park due to prices. You would be better off leaving and eating offsite, or going to the nearby Walmart and buying your own snacks and drinks like we did. Don't forget swim diapers! The gift shop sells them for $4.30 a piece! Rip-off city.

All in all, we had a nice time. Would we stay again? Not for the price we paid. If we were to get a good deal, then absolutely. I think there are definitely better properties out there that offer more for the money but overall, this place is not nearly as bad as some of the reviews state. It is also important to note that this review is for Hotel Rome, most of the others are reviewing Mt. Olympus's other properties that are more motel-esque.

Room Tip: Not many "view" options here - you either face the park or the parking lot. Whatever floats your boat.
5  Thank rachieloo
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Overall our expectations were not met with our stay at the Mt. Olympus Village 8/4/12 - 8/8/12. You should be aware of a few things that may impact your decision making when choosing a property in the Dells. First, we chose the Olympus Village package which included 4-nights stay at the Mykonos Village. Just so you are aware, if you choose the Village option you'll get a re-furbished property, hotel or motel, that had been modestly renovated by Mt. Olympus. These properties are located in various spots up and down the Dells Parkway. In other words, we stayed at the Mykonos which we had stayed in 5-years earlier when it was onother Hotel (Raintree). We were not thrilled with the property then and very little has changed. However, it should be noted that the in door water park at the Raintree has been shut down...non-existent. As for the space in the room, it was okay with two-queens and two bunks. The T.V. was ancient, which was an inconvenience when trying to watch the 2012 Olympic Games. Seriously, Hercules himself was rolling over in his grave when we were attempting to watch through all the snow on the screen. The bathroom was very small with a tub, shower and stool. Very low water pressure so plan on long showers. The sink, small fridge and microwave were all in the bedroom area. Security is lacking at the Mykonos with extremely dim parking lot lights and NO STAFF PRESENCE at the property. Seriously, it's a free for all at the hotel with no check in desk on sight, no visible security, outside locks that work some of the time and kids running up and down the halls all hours of the night. The only noticible changes between our previous stay and our recent stay at the hotel was the addition of linnen closets placed in the hall ways through out the property. The carpet, paint and fixtures seemed to have remained the same as those five years ago. Noticible changes in our room was in bed linnens, the addition of bunk beds and a mural on the wall of Greece.

Room Tip: Stay at the Mt. Olympus or choose another plan. If you choose the, "Village" option...it's a roll of the dice.
3  Thank Brian P
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My family was traveling through the Dells on our way to Minnesota. We thought we'd spend a night and a couple days at a water park. Hotel Rome at Mt. Olympus was coming up with the best prices, so I booked there. First off, you really need to read the fine print to realize that if you're not staying in the main hotel, then you'll be staying at an off-site hotel. If you're familiar with the parking at Mt. Olympus you'll know that it's no fun to have to drive in. At least parking is free if you're staying at one of their offsite hotels.

More of a concern is the extreme drop in quality when you stay at an offsite hotel. You're paying resort rates (plus their resort fee), but you're not getting resort quality. Our room was grungy and the hotel itself was outdated. I was very disappointed in our wireless Internet connection. It's not really free wireless of you can't get a signal in your room.

Finally, we were assured both on the phone and at registration, that we would have adjacent rooms. However, when we got to our rooms, we found they were on separate floors.

If you book at Mt. Olympus and you find rates around $100 a night less than their normal rates, know that you'll be staying at a low quality offsite hotel.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family