Mt. Olympus Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Paradise Motel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
Mt. Olympus Resort(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
Mt. Olympus Villages(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
Shamrock Motel Resort & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
Flamingo Motel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)
American Resort(Wisconsin Dells)
2,011 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We planned to spend the day in the Dells at Mt. Olympus, then head home. 2 days before leaving, we decided to book a room so I was looking for an inexpensive room since we would be spending less than 12 hours in the room. We have stayed at Hotel Rome before and were happy, but I didn't want to spend the money on Hotel Rome so we booked a room at Poseidons Village even after reading all the negative reviews. We booked a room with 2 queen beds and a bunk bed for less than $100. That included park pass and parking for 2 days at their water park. If I had to do it all over again, for less than $100, I might stay again (the park passes alone are worth it). If you are paying over $100 for a room here, don't do it. You already have to drive to get back to your room; there really are far better places you can stay (and a lot of them offer breakfast).

THE GOOD:
The wood floors were great (I don't like the thought of carpet). Kids loved the bunk beds. Bed were comfortable (not the greatest, but for one night, we were fine). Very large fridge in the room (see pictures) + microwave and coffee maker. Rooms were nice & cold when we walked in (it was high 80's the day we got there). I liked the area to hang wet towels and swim suits. There were 6 towels in the room. 3 in the bathroom and 3 in the area where the sink is. I like it when I have extra towels. Shower had good water pressure. Water park passes and free parking to Mt. Olympus. Walking distance to the park (less than 1/2 mile). Lots of restaurants within walking distance. Noah's Ark is right across the street.

THE BAD:
The outside of the hotel is nothing to write home about. There was no one in the building to get you something if you need something. We didn't have a sheet for one of the bunks and we weren't even able to get a hold of the front desk. There was a soda machine, but nothing with candy/munchies in it. We could hear every footstep of the people staying above us. When people walked by the room, we would hear them clear as day. No pool. You need to go to the water park to use the pool. Since they have so many hotels, you have to wait for a min. of 30 minutes to check-in (check-in is at Hotel Rome). Your free parking pass is only valid at the "Main Entrance," you can't use the hotel guest parking. That parking is reserved for those who stay at Hotel Rome. If you don't have young kids, you can walk.

THE UGLY:
The outside of the building. It's true, they bought up a number of mom and pop hotels. Slapped some paint on them and called it good.

For one night and less than $100 - It worked for us. Would I stay longer than one night, no way. Would I pay more than $100 for one of these rooms? NO way.

Room Tip: We were in building 11. I would recommend staying on the upper level. We were on the lower level and it sounded like the people above us were bowling all night long. You could hear every step they took.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank VacaTravelTips
Reviewed June 6, 2012

First let me start with the positives, you get free admission to My. Olympus and it is somewhat close to it as well as the downtown area. They do give you coupons to use at nearby places as well.
Now on to the negatives, which greatly outweigh the positives. When we arrived we had to check in at hotel Rome which there was a long line of people. We then had to wait a few hours for our room to actually be ready for us, so in the meantime we went to TopSecret and then had lunch and even had time to go to the theme park. When we finally got a text, we decided to take our bags to the hotel. The room smelled of wet dirty rag as soon as we walked in and of cigarettes in the bathroom, the beds looked as if someone had been laying in them. There were also 2 large sized holes on the bathroom door. As we were ready to leave the hotel for the day, we asked another guest I'd their room smelled, and they told us they were now on their 3rd room, due to the hotel giving them rooms that were already occupied. This worried us so we took our bags out of the room and put them in our car until we came back. Our room was also next to one of the doors and everytime that door closed our wall would shake and you could hear people running around. We did complain to the staff about this and they didn't seem to care. We should have read the reviews before actually booking

• Stayed: June 2012
10  Thank mikeandcristi
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Room = beautiful! No carpet so it just feels cleaner. The front desk staff is so helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ErikaL988
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I loved this place! It has a arcade, indoor and outdoor amusement park and an indoor and outdoor water park. Why leave! I wish I could live here! The service was really good and everything was nice! I had a really good experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Launan49
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I enquired 3 days b4 booking to check on the hours ect of the attractions and assured "everything" would be open "weather permitting". $60 online rate for Mykonos,done. Arrived at 4pm 5/28 and was offered an upgrade to Rome for $9. SURE! The room just as pictured.Did you notice the pictures don't show a safe,desk/table,dresser or chairs?Cuz there isn't any. The "dresser" doesn't have drawers,its an open shelf.Whatever,let's hit the parks. Out door water and theme park closed? its 85 and sunny? Indoor waterpark filled to the rim. No where to sit or put your things unless you rent a locker. To the indoor theme park,where? There are about 5 rides for kids under 10 and 1 "roller coaster".They didnt even have the out door go carts running.I went to the desk to enquire. I was pointed to a sign that said "weather permitting" well the beautiful day does permit. After an hr of arguing and receiving a full refund,we checked out and went to the Wilderness.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family