Ok so the rooms weren't in par with our many stays at Wilderness and Kalahari but the variety of things to do with your older (taller) kids in the summer is by far better than any of the places we've been. If you are able to try out all the attractions, this place is a good deal. If not, then there are better places to go. This is definitely a summer place and I wouldn't even think about coming here in the winter versus Wilderness. If you're thinking just water park in the summer, definitely try Noahs Ark. We happened to go during Memorial Day weekend so the lines were very long...too long but I can imagine they are long in other resorts as well on a busy weekend. Just to check-in took us 40 mins. If you do the lazy rivers and wave pools during the day and wait until the last 2 hrs before closing to go on the slides, the lines are tolerable and by the end it was even fast. Definitely try the speed slides...very exhilirating! If you go early morning for the go karts and roller coasters, the lines weren't bad as well. As far as the actual Hotel Rome, we booked 2 rooms and they weren't bad but you can tell they're either understaffed or they are just not well trained to keep everything clean. We had to ask for new sheets because we could tell the sheets weren't changed since there were crumbs all over the bed. Our sink was also clogged and our tv remote didn't work. We called for all this and it took at least 30 mins for the service people to come and fix the issues. I also clorox wiped the sinks and they were not very clean to say the least. The bathrooms were small and the tiles looked like they weren't cleaned in a while. The walls are paper thin, you can hear everything going on in the hallways.
I actually wanted to give this a 4 rating since the kids thoroughly enjoyed the parks and really that's my most important criteria but the hotel cleanliness, wait lines to check-in and get service and go on the rides made me give it a 3 rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mt. Olympus Resort provides our guests with both Indoor and Outdoor Water & Theme Park fun! All 1300 Mt. Olympus Resort rooms are spread over the famous Wisconsin Dells Strip, surrounding Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park. Free skiing, tubing, snowboarding and Golf passes (depending on season) are included with stay, Free wi-fi access available, 44 Indoor and Outdoor Water Slides, 4 Interactive Children's water play areas, 7 Outdoor Go-Kart Tracks, 5 Outdoor Roller Coasters, 1 Surf pool, creating 9ft waves! 1 Wave pool and a giant water fortress. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Mt. Olympus Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rome - At Mt. Olympus Water And Theme Park
- Wisconsin Dells Treasure Island
- Treasure Island Wisconsin Dells
- Treasure Island Water Park Resort