Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
Alakai Hotel and Suites(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
Glacier Canyon Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
Wilderness Resort(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
Dell Creek Motel(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
Sundara Inn and Spa(Wisconsin Dells)
2,997 results
All reviewssands buildingindoor theme parkivory coastferris wheelgreat karoodouble cutmaster blasterhut roomroyal african queen suitebrew pubbowling alleysweet hutwater parkcookie decoratingswim up barmovie theaterall ages
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2006

My husband and I booked a room at Kalahari after a day of snowboarding at Cascade Mountain. I figured the hot tubs would be nice for our achey bones.

Overall, the best thing about this hotel is the waterpark, where even kids our age (30!) can have a fun time! The rooms are really nothing spectacular for the price- Great Wolf Lodge is much more luxurious. And, I think for people our age, one night will suffice. We spent about two hours in the waterpark before running out of things to do. Avoid the Pro Bowl slide- I am a good swimmer who felt like I was drowning. The Master Blaster slide was our favorite.

One more suggestion: ask for a room that faces away from the Waterpark. We had a room with a view of an alley and the waterpark complex, and a generator or ventilation fan ran loudly, all night long. And, the heaters in our room was really noisey and kicked on every 10-15 minutes.

• Stayed: January 2006
11  Thank CloudSwing
Reviewed December 20, 2005

I took my two boys (8&15) to the hotel for a one night stay for an early birtday gift for them both.Check in was very easy but the lady at the front desk was very rude and very unfriendly. I booked the reservation in November and was required to pay for the first night + tax at the time I made the res. I was able to get a $99 rate through my husbands job for a Friday night stay. Prior to telling the reservation agent my group code I was quoted $279 on a Desert Star Room (two beds and a sofa sleeper)
I was asked for my Debit card at check in, but was assured by the lying front desk lady no charges would be placed on my card. We were upgraded into a very nice room on Park level, which I am sure went for more than $99. The water park is for big kids and mostly adults. My eight year old almost drown in the Cannon Bowl ride. No life guard in 9 feet of water. He is a very good swimmer since he grew up in waterparks I have worked for.Ride is unsafe and we were all pretty banged up after riding it. Lines are long since they open their doors to the public, and they do have rif raf!!! Not really a good feeling of safety in the park, and not enough lifeguards!!!!! Some slides kids were going down head first which is not allowed.
Back to the debit card issue. We never charged anything to the room during our stay, but upon returning home I discovered they had charged $200.00 to my Debit card. Took me till Wednesday 12/21/05 to get it back. Not very cool since I was never told this was going to happen.Guest services said "nothing will be further charged, we just need to have the card on file". Couldn't get any x-mas shopping done due to them holding my money for no reason. Will never stay with them again! They really need to be clear on their policies to the guest staying there. My suggestion- go to Great Wolf. Better service and pricing for your money.

• Stayed: December 2005
28  Thank tzim
Reviewed December 18, 2005

I have stayed here several times and loved everytime I come back. This time I was here for a confrence and all the staff were great in geting the rooms ready early and allowing us to move equipment and gear from room to room. The water park is great we all head a lot of fun playing inbetween the meetings. There is a new bar on site that is great no more going in to town and having to take a taxi back to the hotel we had a blast dancing and drinking, make sure you check out the bar show the bartenders put on a great show during the night.

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled on business
4  Thank JasOz
Reviewed November 29, 2005

Spent 2 nights at the Kalahari. The main attraction here in November is the waterpark. The family was in the waterpark the entire time and had fun as always. The only cavet is that I could see some of the maintenance slipping a little bit (broken signs, some of the items in the kids areas not working), but overall, the waterpark is a good experience

The rooms are above average (very good, but not quite nice as Great Wolf - across the street). A pleasent suprise was the new resturant/bar in the hotel, Kahunaville. The dinner we had there was the best that we've had in the Dells in a long time.

• Stayed: November 2005
6  Thank SirPher
A TripAdvisor Member
dyer in.
Reviewed November 21, 2005

we took 8 of our grandkids to kah. it was one of the best times we have had. the place is clean the people are great, our kids are all bringing pictures and stories to school about our trip. with 15 of us we spent an awful lot of money for 3 days but to see the kids faces and to see them have fun it was all worth it. if we can save some money we will be back next year hopefully. thanks from the OLLEARIS FAMILY

• Stayed: November 2005