“Great base for a vacation in the Dells...”

Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed August 25, 2014

This was our first stay. Got a great day in August to enjoy the outdoor water park; when it got cloudy and cool we just moved to the indoor park. And, we did all this while we were waiting for our room. The facilities are new, very clean and well maintained. Our room was conveniently located off the main lobby, but was very quiet nonetheless. Lifeguards were very good; we lost a pair of prescription glasses and the lifeguards were very good about helping us track them down. The only thing to watch out for is the restaurants. We at at the pub down by the indoor amusement park which is apparently owned and operated by someone else. The restaurant in the lobby had acceptable food, but the wait staff was pretty poorly trained. Didn't know the menu, took four tries to get my iced tea, meal came before the appetizer that we ordered, and worse, the waitress stood over my wife's shoulder as she settled the bill, including the tip--just a bit awkward.

Would definitely recommend Kalahari and would stay here again; if it's not the middle of January with snow and temps near zero, I'd head out and find another place to eat.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review us! We do like to think we have a weather proof vacation, if it gets rainy outside you can always head inside to the waterpark or theme park! I'm so glad that you, along with the help of the lifeguards, were able to find your glasses. I have taken your feedback & already shared it with our Food & Beverage Director who would appreciate the opportunity to get more details from you. If you would kindly email me your contact info, I'll connect you, please email me at SocialConnect@KalahariResorts.com. We hope to hear from you soon!

There are newer reviews for Kalahari Resorts & Conventions

Reviewed August 24, 2014

Well the kids probably have more fun than the adults because there is so much to do. The Water Park and the Indoor Theme Park are just for starters, so deciding on what to do is a major undertaking. The rooms were great, comfortable, laid out well and there was space for kids to jump around without bumping into furniture. This resort leaves no room for being board. We also loved the variety of dining casual and fine. Our reunion was a success and the family want to return.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Hi Willie! Thank you for choosing Kalahari for your family reunion! We are just thrilled that everyone in your family had fun & enjoyed our waterpark, theme park, dining options & guest rooms. We hope that we get to be the destination for your next family reunion!

Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

This was our third stay at Kalahari in the last three years. I have yet to find anything negative with any our experiences here. This trip we were here for a conference. While my wife was at the conference, I had no problems keeping the kids busy. Both the indoor and outdoor water parks are large with lots to do (and not crowded by any means). They also loved going bowling in the indoor theme park. The entire complex is very well maintained and the staff has always been very pleasant and helpful. We will definitely be back again!

Stayed: August 2014

We appreciate you being a repeat guest! There's no greater compliment then when our guests choose to come back. I'm specifically glad that you were able to turn your wife's conference into an event for the entire family! We like to say we have something for every age, from a few months old to 99 years young! We greatly appreciate your accolades & I will be sure to pass them onto our staff. Thank you again!

Reviewed August 23, 2014

This seemed to be a great resort - both the indoor and outdoor waterparks had a great variety of attractions. Our kids especially liked the indoor surfing area where lifeguards assisted them in learning to surf. The lifeguards in this area were amazing with kids of all ages and made the learning experience fun and success-assured.

Cost was a big issue though. We couldn't afford to go to the theme park, so we stuck with the water park. The only reason we went to Kalahari was because we were attending a conference there and got a hefty discount - otherwise, this stay would have been out of our price range.

There was the added value of a complimentary summer package which included tickets for our family to go to the Timbvati Wildlife Zoo and the Tommy Bartlett Water Ski show. This gave us a great reason to check out the Dells area and also do some shopping while we were out at the Tanger Outlet Mall.

All in all, it was a great experience that our family would love to do again . . . when we can afford it!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Hello! We're happy to hear you had a great experience while here at Kalahari! The indoor surfing is a popular attraction, I'm glad you're kids especially enjoyed that. I'd like to suggest some of our packages when you're looking to come visit us again, we have some that include Food & Beverage, Theme park even the outlet mall! You can also check out our Facebook page, we have specials we post their for our fans as well!

Reviewed August 23, 2014

We stayed in the African Safari Suite. It was everything that was promised and more. The room was spotless. The view of the outdoor water park was great! The facility is well maintained, properly staffed and kept clean. You can have a wonderful vacation and never leave the property. We expected excellence and we got it. But better than excellent was our guest service rep, DONNA. that checked us in. Of course, she was very knowledgeable on the facility making sure to hit the bullet points of the hotel, and that we had all the info we might need. What an extraordinary person! She makes you feel as if you are the most important guest that has ever checked into the hotel. She gets 5 stars! Thanks Donna---Kathy and the Brockner family!!

Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

I have spent the past two days trying to book a room. The first person I talked to gave me room rates for 3 different room types. I booked one of those. 24 hours later, I called to upgrade to a suite. Three phone calls later, all with them promising to call back, I finally called a 4th time and spoke to a manager. Apparently, their rates went up by $60 per night for the room since yesterday. I hope our stay there is better than their reservation service.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had making your reservation. Our rates can fluctuate daily. I'd like to put you in touch with our management team. Will you please email your contact info to me at SocialConnect@KalahariResorts.com.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Just love this place. It is a good value for your money. It is not a money pit because you can put money on the kids cards in the arcade and when they run out, they can be done, and there is plenty else to do so they are not bored and can quickly move on. There just isn't enough time to even do it all. We stay in the 2 bedroom, 2 bath and it's perfect for me, my husband, our son and his wife, and the two grandkids. This is a gift to our son's family for Christmas each year. The last two years we used it as a winter get away for the weekend. This year the grand kids wanted to do it in summer and have both water parks available. They just loved it. It's always clean when we visit, the staff is great, just can't complain. Even thinking about planning a family reunion here. Our room was on a main hallway and it was not even noisy.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Wow! Thank you for the stellar review. I am so thrilled to hear that you and your family had a great time with us. The grandkids must LOVE the waterparks! In the summertime it's really cool that they all get to enjoy both the Indoor and Outdoor waterparks. I'm also happy to hear that the rooms have always been nice and enjoyable. Take care and we hope to see ya back soon.