“Seems the Housekeeping is sliding a bit, and details are being overlooked” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kalahari Resorts & Conventions

We can't find prices for this hotel
Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Ranked #5 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Germantown, Wisconsin
“Seems the Housekeeping is sliding a bit, and details are being overlooked”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

We have stayed here may times in the past and it always has been a great stay. This time we stayed 4/21-4/26/2014. We all had a great time and the new attractions at the indoor amusement park we all enjoyed. The added indoor/outdoor bar and hot tubs were also awesome. It is nice they keeping changing attractions and improving. We stayed all week and never got bored and had a blast!

The only complaint is We were allowed to check in early upon arrival. The first room we received I could tell when I walked in was not right. Bed spreads were wrinkled. Upon further inspection, TV looked like someone blew there nose on the screen, pringles chips, were covering the windowsill and floor. Under one bed was a pringles can and lid. Ceiling had what looked to be a dried bloody booger on it. I rolled back the bedsheets to find the sheets stained and soiled. I called front desk. After about reasonable 15 minute wait due to size of hotel a bell hop came up. He apologized greatly, handle himself well, and escorted us to a different room. This room was much better however the chairs were very beat up missing large chunks of wood. There was also a used kleenex under one of the beds. But all in all much better and had a patio and fireplace which other room did not. The room cleaning was fine the rest of stay but kleenex remained the entire stay. I was also kind of dissapointed no-one offered us anything for the original mistake. It was unsettling to see the first room and they could have offered something especially for how much money we spend there and the length of this last stay.

Lastly I thought i would mention too that everyone from housekeeping, to attraction attendants, were all Asian with very broken English. They were all doing a good job but it can be a bit of an issue if your kids don't understand there instructions for some of the instructions. I am used to dealing with this so had to translate for the most part. It didn't really bother us, but if you are not used to this I could see where it may be irritating or a concern. If your kids or you get hurt and the attraction attendant doesn't know how to communicate with you what happens then?

Room Tip: Happy Hour bowling is fun and a good deal. The snack bar food unlike other family resorts is quite g...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for returning as our guest again! It was most certainly our pleasure to have you. I'm glad that you enjoyed the recent additions to our resort. We take pride in delivering beyond expectations time and again, so it is great to hear that translated well through our additions. However, with that being said, I am sorry to hear about your room. While I am glad we quickly got this corrected for you, I would love the opportunity to put you in touch with our management team. I wouldn't want you to feel as though any part of your stay is not as you would remember. Please feel free to email me directly at KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com. Thank you again for connecting! I hope you made some awesome family memories this time and we can't wait to see you again soon! Take care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
Waterloo, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

We had a wonderful experience at Kalahari. The prices were very reasonable. The food was great. The amusement park was great. The waterpark was high on my list of favorites. There was no reason to leave the resort during our entire stay. My kids loved it and I loved it. We will be going back every year.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Amanda, you brought a smile to my face! Thank you so much for not only visiting us, but also taking a moment to share your thoughts. We loved having you and the kids! We can't wait to see you next year and the year after that! Take care and see you then!
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

I was here for a large convention. The convention was so large that there were lots of vendors in the hallways and the place was filled to capacity. Normally this puts stress on an operation and you can tell. But the folks here obviously know what they are doing. Not once did it feel crowded, overbook, or chaotic. I never even went to the waterpark, so my only experience was with the room I stayed in and the convention center. Every employee I talked with was friendly and helpful. The food catering staff in particular was exceptional. In a hectic situation like this, they were cool and calm and efficient and completely unobtrusive. They obviously have a good management team and they are good at hiring the right people. Will definitely come back here and bring my wife and grandson to play and I look forward to attending the same Safety Show - convention next year!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dollar Bay, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

We stayed at the Kalahari for a gymnastic meet this past weekend. Upon entering our room, we had a dirty/wet towel on the nightstand between the two beds and the floor was clearly not vacuumed. After calling the front desk to ask for housekeeping, blood was found on the bedding of one of the beds. Housekeeping was quick to come up to vacuum the room and remove the dirty towel; however, when asked about the blood on the bedding, I was told by the housekeeper that the bedding was not changed!!!!! She did change the bedding on the one with blood; however she did not on the other bed. After she left we noticed that there was some white liquid-like streaks on the window and the bathtub was filthy. That evening after enjoying the waterpark, I did go to the front desk to let them know of my concerns and was treated very rudely by the night supervisor. She asked me what I expected since housekeeping had already taken care of the bedding/vacuuming. I explained that when you are paying $300+ for a room, that you expect it to be clean, and I also expressed my sincere concern with the fact that the bedding was not changed. I left the front desk feeling worse than I did before going. The next morning a manager, Kyle, called as he had heard about our complaints and was kind enough to provide our family of 6 with indoor amusement park tickets along with an additional waterpark ticket, which we all enjoyed very much; however, I would have serious reservations about reserving at this hotel in the future do the the uncleanliness we experienced. I hope that it is not the host hotel for our gymnastics meet next year.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Angel C
While we most certainly appreciate you visiting us for your daughters Gymnastics meet, however, I am sorry to hear about your recent visit and the cleanliness of your room. That is most certainly unacceptable. I am glad to hear that Kyle was able to take care of you while on property. He is wonderful. I will have Kyle touch base with you again soon, to ensure you don't have any hesitation about returning in the future with us. I know we loved having you and the kids had a blast, so we hope to see you again! Thank you again for reaching out to us! I can ensure I will be addressing this with our housekeeping as well having Kyle touch base again. Take care!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Staying at the Kalahari is always great. All the staff's are friendly and helpful. lots of stuff to do there. It was raining all weekend while we were there but it didn't effect is much cause they have just about everything there. Only thing missing is a grocery store and you wouldn't have to leave the resort at all. Just wish they have more rides in their indoor theme park. But very satisfy with the stay.

• Stayed April 2014
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

This was my family's first time staying at this particular resort. We were impressed by the staff, facilities, and our stay in general. Great scenery and beautiful art work all around the resort. There were 6 children with us under the age of 8. Without a doubt, they enjoyed the resort the MOST! :) The adults loved the waterpark as a whole. So much to do for each of the children and we felt they were in a safe environment and there was enough for them to do to feel independent and still allow us to watch them closely. I liked the swim bar,especially the big screens to keep up with sports. The food, it was quick and there were plenty enough options. The 1 downside of the food, during our stay, on a Saturday afternoon, the Zulu Grill was not opened which made it a bit of a hassle to leave the waterpark to get something to eat. The rooms were clean and quiet enough for us to get to sleep after a hard day at play. Loved that we were able to play in the park before our room was even ready. Thanks for selling the Chocolate Shoppe Ice cream! :) They sell THE BEST Blue Moon and my daughter and I enjoyed a cone during our stay.

Now for the cons (unfortunately, yes there were some). Sunday Morning, April 27th, our group of 10 (4 adults, 6 children) went to Ivory Coast around 10a.m. to have breakfast. My sister asked the hostess, I wish i had gotten her name, for a table for 10. The hostess looked around the restaurant, which granted, was busy, but there were still opened seats, and she said, "Sorry don't think we'll be able to accommodate a group of 10." Seemed odd to us because 1. There were several empty tables, even nearby each other (easy enough to push a few together to allow seating) and 2. there were several other families dining for breakfast. I get that a restaurant can only help so many big groups at once, BUT I would expect a restaurant at a family themed resort would be able to accommodate even more. It was very off-putting to say the least. We had Mark for a server and for a family of ten, he did not write down any of our orders. I was not impressed, as I thought something would be missed and several things were. It took over 30 minutes for us to get our food. Outside my order for the breakfast burger, everything else was typical...pancakes/bacon/hashbrowns/eggs..nothing over the top different from normal breakfast. When we did get our food, everything was lukewarm. Other families around us had already had their orders, so it wasn't a timing issue, meaning we were all big families waiting. To state the obvious, the breakfast at Ivory Coast was definitely a downside and as we left, all adults agreed next time we would just go to either the buffet or Cracker Barrell.

I would also suggest considering a cardfree/paperless environment. I have stayed at other Resorts that allow for keyless entry into your room or rather, the waterpark bracelet served as they key with an easy swipe. It was also our method of payment during the stay. Took away the need fo carrying around money, keycard, credit cards and the like. Also, we found it strange that the waterpark closed at 10p.m. on a Saturday night. I thought at least it would be open until 11.

As I said in the beginning, overall our stay was great. The staff were very courteous and friendly. Making sure to say hello and "how's your stay?" and seem genuine about it. We definitely enjoyed our stay.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
I'm so thrilled to hear that you group of 10 had a blast! We love having the ability to accommodate everyone of all ages. Thank you so much for taking a moment to share! While everything sounded awesome, I do want to apologize for your dining experience at Ivory Coast. I would love to connect you to our Food & Beverage Director in regards to this, so that he can make this correction and not have this impact your stay again. Could you please email directly at KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com? Thank you for your lovely suggestion about keyless entry to a room. We have been researching this and hopefully can find some great solutions. Love that you support our direction. Hoping to hear from you soon and furthermore see the whole group again soon! Take care!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

My family loves this hotel everyone was helpful and caring no things went wrong and we did not want to leave my kids love it everyone in my family thought it was the best water park marks the awesome side

Room Tip: 2 room works when you have 5 or more to relax with fun