“Wonderful Family Adventure!”

Ranked #7 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wonderful Family Adventure!”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Rooms are clean. Staff super friendly and helpful. Improvement to the indoor waterpark are great - especially the indoor/outdoor hot tub at night. The new additions to the indoor theme park are amazing as well. My family had a great time on a cold November weekend!

Room Tip: Request the Sands
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
I'm glad you got to escape from the chilly midwest weather for a bit of fun with us! Thank you so much for taking a moment to share you thoughts and your experience. Furthermore, we love the feedback on our additions. I will be sure to share you excitement with our team. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon in the future! Take care and thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (673)
T.H. IN
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We went to the Dells for a family weekend. The hotel was very nice,clean and well appointed. The beds were comfortable. Even though there was a comic convention taking place it was quiet in the hallways. The only issue we had was with a server in the Damons Restaurant. She was was not very customer service oriented. Joanie at the concierge desk was very helpful. My grandson wanted a hotdog but the rest of us wanted real food. Joanie called the restaurant asked to speak with the manager and asked if they could get him a hot dog. They got him one, and the rest of had food as well. The food was good the service was not. The waterpark was fun and my grandchildren had a blast,they couldnt wipe the smiles from their faces. We also went to the indoor theme park. The face painting for the kids was great. All in all very nice stay at a nice hotel.

1 Thank s c
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
We're thrilled that your whole family was able to visit us! While I am discouraged to hear about the service you received in Damon's I am glad that it seems like the kiddos made some memories. Very excited that we were able to be a part of that. I will be sure to share you thoughts about your Damon's visit. As Joanie demonstrated, we pride ourselves on delivering beyond expectations, so I will be sure this is addressed. Thank you for taking a moment to review us. Certainly our pleasure to have you. Thank you!
Villa Park, Illinois
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We have stayed here often over the last 10 years. We obviously have enjoyed it or we wouldn't return, but since a serious injury several years back has left me unable to enjoy the majority of the water rides, I am basically left with the Lazy River, not complaining as it can be extremely relaxing.

Last year at this same time we were here and the River was shortened to about a third of the actual length. This was very disappointing, but as it had never been closed previously we thought maybe it was maintenance issues. Here we are again, Thanksgiving week, and the same thing with the River. Needless to say I will just sit here for 3 days. I was speaking to an elderly lady who complained of the same thing. She was unable to float around with her toddler grandchild. It is way too boring to just float around in a small circle and there are no other options.

Next year we may look for something more conducive to disabled/seniors. The grandchildren will not be happy, but I cannot just sit here doing
nothing again.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for continually visiting us and it is certainly our pleasure to have you! I am sorry to hear about your injury and the role that the lazy river plays in that. I can certainly understand how that would be disappointing. It is not common to have our lazy river closed. Generally speaking it is closed due to maintenance or safety concerns. We never hesitate to close a ride for this reason. I apologize that as luck may have it, you have visited twice this year when it has been shortened. I am sorry for this! I will be sure to convey this information to our waterpark manager. Furthermore, I hope that the lazy river is fixed quickly and in working order for the rest of your stay. Thank you for the feedback. I certainly hope we get to see you and your grandchildren next year! We very much love having you as our guest. Thank you again and have a wonderful rest of your trip.
Howards Grove
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This was definitely one of the best trips to Wisconsin Dells I have been on. From the time we walked in we were treated with the best customer service I think I've ever had. I definitely love the new swim up bar and how big are room was. If I did have to make one complaint, it would be the fireplace in our fireplace suite did not work. It truly was a great stay!

Room Tip: the fireplace suite was a very large room but our fireplace didn't work
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Well, thank you so very much for visiting us! Such a pleasure to have you as our guest. Glad to hear that you love the Swim-up Bar. I happen to love that too! I will let maintenance know about your fire place. Thank you for letting us know so that we can take a moment to fix that. We can't wait to see you again soon. We appreciate your time! Thank you!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommended if you're looking for great family time! Great indoor activities! A lot of fun indoor activities to offer! We had a great time with bowling and indoor theme park was awesome! We'll definitely come back for more family fun!

• Stayed November 2013
I so very much appreciate you taking the time to review our resort! We can't thank you enough for not only coming to visit us, but furthermore taking the time to share your experience. It was certainly our pleasure to have you and we can't wait to do it again! Take care and see you soon!
Minnesota
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Beautiful upscale hotel - worth every penny. Very family oriented and best indoor waterpark and arcade ever experienced. We visited for our son's pre-teen birthday party and he and his friends had a blast. While my husband checked in, the boys had their picture taken with a tiger cub - SO COOL! Many options for dining are offered. Our suite was beautiful, roomy and private with one room attached for the boys and our room attached off of the open kitchen/dining/living area. This is the fourth time we've visited and will be back in the spring!

Room Tip: Our location was in the Sands building. This is a bit of a walk to the indoor waterpark and arcade...
Green Bay
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I've been to this Kalahari many times and each time we go the hotel is sold out. You would think the water park would staff appropriately? You'll wait 25+ minutes on two of the rides because one person operates them both (Victoria Falls & The Master Blaster). The one person has to go back and forth between the two which creates tremendous lines. Because this happens every year we're going to try a different WI Dells water park next trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I'm sorry to hear about your experience in the waterpark. However, I do appreciate the detailed feedback and will be sure to pass along to our waterpark manager. Thank you for giving us this opportunity to improve. I do hope that we are able to see you in the future. Again, while I am sorry for your experience, I very much appreciate you sharing this info with us. Take care and thank you!