“Entertainment Villa”

Ranked #7 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Beloit, Wisconsin
“Entertainment Villa”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

A group of 20 rented an Entertainment Villa for a bachelor weekend. Basement is great for a party! Sound system, wet bar, poker table with chips, walkout patio. Only thing missing was the hot tub which looked like it was removed. Everyone in the room received free passes for the waterpark and other attractions in the dells. A convenient location to most places in the dells. Don't rely on the Kalahari shuttle because it is always booked. We are also told we had to pay before they would come get us which didn't make much sense. Kahunaville is always a great time if you are not looking to go out!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Glad to hear everyone had a blast at the bachelor party. Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. Hopefully the group was able to check out the new swim up bar and the indoor/outdoor hot tub.If you are into golf, we do have an amazing golf club too. Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon! Please tell your friend congratulations on his upcoming nuptials from us! Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (673)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This place probably is best suited for families with young children. I can't imagine going here as a couple. I found myself here for a conference and had to stay a night. The place is sprawling, covering several acres. The rooms are generally large, but you should ask for one of the rooms in the newer section. When I was there, staying alone, for some reason I got an unasked for upgrade to a suite with a complete kitchen. With the indoor waterpark, it's a good place for kids or a larger familly.

My room was large and clean. And quiet.

Room Tip: ask for a newer room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for paying us a visit for your conference. I hope that you overall enjoyed your time with us, as I know it was certainly our pleasure to have you. When we have availability, we try and thank our guests with an upgrade. Hope you enjoyed the room. I do hope the next time you have a conference on property, we get to see you again soon. Take care and thank you for your thoughts.
S. Elgin, Il
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I brought my 5 year old granddaughter and daughter as a birthday present to my granddaughter. It was a "ladies weekend" away and we had a blast. The Kalahari Resort is huge. You really don’t ever have to leave. The resort has an African theme and is beautiful. We were allowed to check in right when we arrived. Everyone at the resort was very pleasant and helpful. Our room was very nice and we were lucky to get a room close to the elevator. Our room rate not only included the indoor water park, but also passes to Timbavati wild animal park. We did Timbavati first because it is outdoors and it was going to rain the following day. The park has many types of wild animals and allowed feeding and interaction with many of them. We thoroughly enjoyed the park and getting the free passes was an added bonus.

The outdoor water park at Kalahari was closed for the season, but the indoor park was great. It is huge and is set up to accommodate adults and children and has many different kinds of pools, slides, rides, etc. The facility is clean and well kept and provided plenty of tables and seating and had bars for the adult crowd. Since we arrived after Labor Day the park wasn’t overcrowded, but it was still crowded nonetheless.

Inside the hotel you can stroll shops and wonderful dessert shops! There is a buffet and a restaurant as well as a coffee shop and an arcade among other things.

The second day we were there we went to Kalahari's indoor theme park. It was raining, but no worries everything is indoor The theme park is huge and includes an arcade, huge ferris wheel, rides, go carting, laser tag, miniature golf, bowling alley, bar, restaurant, a full bowling alley, etc (too much to mention all). We did pretty much everything, but the golf and laser tag and had a blast. We even went bowling. You can purchase an all day armband for the rides or put money on a card to enjoy some rides and arcade games. I will admit it can get a little expensive in the theme park, but it is still well worth it.

This was our first trip to the Dells. We usually head west to Disneyland, but we needed a quick turnabout and originally had planned to go elsewhere, but changed out mind and decided to go to the Dells instead. We were glad we did. All in all it was a great trip and Kalahari was a great choice. It is definitely a place we will return to again. My granddaughter said it was the best birthday present ever. And, my daughter had decided to return with her husband in the next two months so they can enjoy their anniversary there alone.

Room Tip: Request one close to the elevators. It could be a long walk otherwise Although we had no noise I h...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
We're so lucky we ended up being the root of your Girl's Weekend! How awesome?! Thank you so much for taking a moment and sharing. I loved that we were able to have all 3 generations. We strive to include many amenities that you couldn't get anywhere else, so needless to say, I was ecstatic when reading of your joy. I wanted to be sure to let you know that we appreciate you and your family and we can't wait to see everyone again soon! Take care!
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Just returned from a Conference at the Kalahari. Check in was very fast and smooth, even though I arrived very early, well before the "official" check in time. I had telephoned in my reservation request, as the nights I was staying were listed as full on the on-line reservation system. The waterpark was enjoyable, although the hot tubs were lukewarm at best. Biggest disappointment was Damons Grill. Waited 10 minutes to order a drink, and 45 minutes later still had not received it, but that is more a reflection on Damons management and NOT the Kalahari. Damons only had one waiter working. Management should have planned for a larger crowd with both NFL football and a major conference going on! Overall, a great experience and stay.

Room Tip: The Sands Huts are excellent. Gas fireplaces on a timer, full kitchen, full size refrigerators, fla...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your conference. Very much our pleasure to have you. I apologize about your experience at Damon's. I will be sure to look further into this for you with the management team. We want to ensure that you have a beyond expectations experience anywhere under our roof. Thank you for letting us know! I hope while you were here, you were able to mix a little business with pleasure. Take care and thank you again for connecting with us. See you again soon.
janesville, wi
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed at the Kalahari for a Conference I attended. I immediately received great customer service upon entering. They were nice enough to upgrade me for my entire stay (3 nights). Several great dinner options along with nightly entertainment. Highly recommended.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
We very much appreciate you taking the time to review us! So happy that we were able to get you upgraded for your entire stay! We can't thank you enough for the time you took to visit us and then reviewing us. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Neshkoro, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have a 3 y.o. and a 1 y.o. and the water temperature in the indoor water park was much too cold for them to enjoy the water. We went in September so the outdoor waterpark was closed. They do have a very nice waterpark with lots of different slides/activities for younger children, but unfortunately with the water so cold we couldn't stay in the water too long, and my 1 y.o. would cry because she was so cold. Also, the breakfast at the Great Karoo was terribly expensive.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Rachel S
Thank you for taking a moment to review us. I am sorry to hear that the waterpark temperature negatively impacted your stay. I will connect with our waterpark director on this. When the temperature sways as quickly as it has been outside, the transition period, although this is short lived, can be a little less than ideal. Especially for the little ones. We strive to keep the part at a comfortable 86 degrees. I will connect with him to ensure he has it all taken care of. Thank you for giving us this opportunity. I do hope that we will have the privilege of having you as our guest again soon. Take care and thank you for the feedback.
Tifton, Georgia, United States
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had stayed at Kalahari prior and it was very nice so we decided to take out parents their for their 50th Wedding Anniversary. The Wisconsin Dells had an appeal to us as being a truly family oriented vacation spot and represented old traditional America. When we spend our money for vacation we want to be safe, have fun and have very nice surroundings. Our recent stay was our last at Kalahari signaling the end of this once great part of America.

From the moment we arrived it was a disaster starting with checking in. Our reservations were disputed I was required to unpack the car to get our Mac to prove our email confirmation. Kalahari reluctantly acknowledged our vacation package. The entire original booking conversation was recorded on the phone and our credit card charged but we were delayed, disputed and treated unprofessionally. The supervisor never came out to apologize for the 30 plus minute delay and aggravation. Our party of six paid for the very best rooms and services Kalahari had to offer. The room was about a 6 in a scale of 10 in cleanliness. The kids wanted to get into the pool right away however it was closed due to buses of “youths” that were brought in. There was so much urine and defecation in the water the pool was closed. In addition to the obvious hygiene issues from the bussed in guests; we were very disappointed in the urban behavior and vulgar language the “youths” exhibited. The pool was closed a second day for another incident due to a claim of broken glass and other issues from guests that were not staying at the Hotel. I appreciate Kalahari being safety consciences not allowing my family to swim in a toilet, or with broken glass but I could have gone to a pool in Illinois for a fraction of the cost. The sliding doors were broke in our hallway and the front rotating door went down. The lines in the facility and indoor amusement park are congested due to guests that do not stay at the Hotel. The Tommy Bartlett Show was the high water mark of the Kalahari package. We would also still recommend the Duck rides. If you go out at night to show your kids and family the boardwalk take advantage of Wisconsin’s conceal carry laws, the boardwalk is not what it was from years ago. Sadly Kalahari and the Wisconsin Dells are not Norman Rockwell’s America any longer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Sarrah G
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
We very much appreciate you taking the time to review our resort. I am sorry to hear about your past experience. As I was able to pinpoint your stay by your TripAdvisor profile, I am hoping that you can provide me with your contact info and I can look further into this for you. Can you please email me at KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com? I would love the opportunity to connect with you. Thank you for reaching out to us and I am very sorry to hear about your past stay. I am looking forward to connecting and working through some concerns. Thank you!