“Dells # 1”

Ranked #5 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Edmonton, Canada
“Dells # 1”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

More than we needed as a couple but we made excellent use of the large balcony and the full kitchen. Lodge rooms are in the Sands bldg, and even though a 3 minute walk from the main bldg, the quiet front the hustle and bustle as well as the highway noise was preferred. Staff we encountered were all amazing. Rosa (I think) in the buffet restaurant was extremely attentive, friendly, and approachable. Also Amber who served us at the outdoor waterpark was equally speedy, caring, and on top of her game.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for the review. I am so happy you two had such a great time at Kalahari Resort. The Sands building is a great way to have even more of a Getaway without even leaving the building! I am glad you enjoyed your trip to the Dells and we'll see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (666)
Iowa
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Kalahari has something for everyone. Our kids are 22, 19 and 16 and they all found fun things to do. Love the decor and huge rooms. Lots of novelty shops and restaurants inside. A must if you like waterparks.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank headinout
Thanks for the review. I am thrilled you all had such a wonderful time and were all able to find activities and attractions you were all interested in. Being America's Largest Indoor Waterpark, I'd have to agree with you when you say it's a must for people who like Waterparks. Thanks again and we'll see you the next time around!
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Our first time at W.D. And our stay was great. Stayed in a lodge room and it was prefect. More than we needed as a couple but we made excellent use of the large balcony and the full kitchen. Lodge rooms are in the Sands bldg, and even though a 3 minute walk from the main bldg, the quiet front the hustle and bustle as well as the highway noise was preferred.

Would return, but not at the rates we paid($245 and $299 per night).

• Stayed July 2013
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for giving Kalahari Resort a try on your first vacation to Wisconsin Dells. I am so pleased our employees at Great Karoo Buffet and the Outdoor Waterpark were able to go above and beyond to ensure your getaway was above expectations. The Sands building is a great place to feel like you're on even more of a getaway without even leaving the Resort. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed July 11, 2013

What could I say but wonderful. Me and my family visited the Kalahari the entire fourth of July weekend and we had a ball. Both outdoor and indoor waterparks were big and fun for the entire family even my 5 month old.We dined at the Karoo buffet for breakfast and it was set up so nice with lots of good food and healthy choices. The indoor theme park was awesome especially the go carts.We had a two bedroom family suite with a patio which overlooked the outdoor waterpark that was really nice.I can really go on and on about the Kalahari because that's how GREAT our experience was but it's best you check them out for yourself. You won't be disappointed

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for the excellent review! We appreciate you spending your 4th of July weekend with us. I am so happy everyone found some things that they liked between the Indoor and Outdoor Waterparks and the Indoor Theme Park. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review so other potential guests can get an insight on what Kalahari is about. Thanks again!
Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was so impressed with everything except our room. As a former hotel room attendant I am overly critical, however, I am also a neat freak. Our room was dusty, the coffee pot and tray on the sink had dust so thick I could have written in it. When I moved the tray to a different table knowing I wouldn't use it, there was water, coffee stains, and hair on the counter. It obviously hadn't been cleaned for quite some time. There was hair in the bathroom on the toilet and floor and the corners of the rooms must not have been cleaned for months. My husband asked me not to say anything to the front desk (I wanted to ask for a different room) since the kids wanted to play in the water minutes after our arrival, so I cleaned what I could and tried to ignore the rest. The room was very disappointing (especially because there was a card with the name of the person that cleaned the room and initials of a supervisor that supposedly inspected the room) and it was a huge contradiction to the rest of the resort which was wonderful. We will be back because of the rest of the resort, and hope the room is of the same standard as the rest. Aside from the room we had a great vacation! Giving a 3 because of the room or I would gladly give a 5.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
We can't thank you enough for taking a moment to review us! While I'm thrilled to hear everyone had a blast in the resort, I am discouraged to hear about your room condition. Our housekeeping Director will be contacted on this. I would never want you to be uncomfortable in your room. If when you are on property again, please don't hesitate to let us know. We will be more then happy to get you either another room if we have availability or send our team to your room at your convenience. Certainly would be our pleasure. Thank you for reaching out to us! I hope that we get to see you again soon and we have the opportunity to show you the experience you deserve from the room to the waterpark. Take care!
Iowa
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I'm going to echo what a lot of others are saying about this place. We really enjoyed the water park, amusement area and our dinner at Damons. Our room was another story. It just was not clean. The coffee pot had old coffee sitting in the bottom it. The floor was filthy. By the end of each day, all of the bottom of our feet were black. There was spot next to the bed on my side that my foot literally stuck to every time I got into bed. And, the room smelled like BO. I know that in a place like this are you aren't just paying for the room, but for $330/night, we were pretty disappointed with the cleanliness of the room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
We can't thank you enough for coming to visit and taking a moment to let us know your thoughts. Not having a clean room is completely not acceptable. I completely understand your disappointment. Furthermore, we appreciate you making us aware of it. We have noticed the concern as well and are implementing training procedures and checks/balances to restore the beyond expectations that Kalahari is known for. However, with that being said, that doesn't fix your recent past experience. I would like the opportunity to discuss details with you further about your stay. If you have a moment, can you please email me your contact info to KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com. I very much appreciate your time. Thank you again and looking forward to connecting with you soon.
Illinois
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We spent the 4th of July at the Kalahari. Our girls always love coming to this place. They offer great well-priced special packages and the waterpark attractions are always a blast. The indoor theme park offer a number of fun stuff (like the skywalk, rock climbing ) which my kids always enjoy. The rooms are clean, the staff friendly and the grounds are well laid out. I gave it a four since we find our food options limited as we normally end up at Damons or the Kahunaville and typically order the same item from the menu across our multiple visits. This time round however they offered a nice breakfast buffet at one of the other restaurants as part of the package and there were good options laid out that covered all our taste. The fireworks were magnificent!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
We are so honored that Kalahari is your favorite Getaway! Also, thank you for selecting us to be included in your 4th of July plans. We hope you had a great time in the Waterparks and it sounds like you tried some of the attractions at the Indoor Theme Park as well. Besides Damon's and Kahunaville, I hope you were able to try a few other places like Ivory Coast, our Upper Deck Lounge, and our Waterpark Dining options as well as Java Manjaro for a quick bite to eat. Thanks again for staying with us and take care.