Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
Alakai Hotel and Suites(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
Glacier Canyon Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
Wilderness Resort(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
Dell Creek Motel(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
Sundara Inn and Spa(Wisconsin Dells)
2,997 results
All reviewssands buildingindoor theme parkivory coastferris wheelgreat karoodouble cutmaster blasterhut roomroyal african queen suitebrew pubbowling alleysweet hutwater parkcookie decoratingswim up barmovie theaterall ages
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was so impressed with everything except our room. As a former hotel room attendant I am overly critical, however, I am also a neat freak. Our room was dusty, the coffee pot and tray on the sink had dust so thick I could have written in it. When I moved the tray to a different table knowing I wouldn't use it, there was water, coffee stains, and hair on the counter. It obviously hadn't been cleaned for quite some time. There was hair in the bathroom on the toilet and floor and the corners of the rooms must not have been cleaned for months. My husband asked me not to say anything to the front desk (I wanted to ask for a different room) since the kids wanted to play in the water minutes after our arrival, so I cleaned what I could and tried to ignore the rest. The room was very disappointing (especially because there was a card with the name of the person that cleaned the room and initials of a supervisor that supposedly inspected the room) and it was a huge contradiction to the rest of the resort which was wonderful. We will be back because of the rest of the resort, and hope the room is of the same standard as the rest. Aside from the room we had a great vacation! Giving a 3 because of the room or I would gladly give a 5.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

We can't thank you enough for taking a moment to review us! While I'm thrilled to hear everyone had a blast in the resort, I am discouraged to hear about your room condition. Our housekeeping Director will be contacted on this. I would never want you to be uncomfortable in your room. If when you are on property again, please don't hesitate to let us know. We will be more then happy to get you either another room if we have availability or send our team to your room at your convenience. Certainly would be our pleasure. Thank you for reaching out to us! I hope that we get to see you again soon and we have the opportunity to show you the experience you deserve from the room to the waterpark. Take care!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I'm going to echo what a lot of others are saying about this place. We really enjoyed the water park, amusement area and our dinner at Damons. Our room was another story. It just was not clean. The coffee pot had old coffee sitting in the bottom it. The floor was filthy. By the end of each day, all of the bottom of our feet were black. There was spot next to the bed on my side that my foot literally stuck to every time I got into bed. And, the room smelled like BO. I know that in a place like this are you aren't just paying for the room, but for $330/night, we were pretty disappointed with the cleanliness of the room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

We can't thank you enough for coming to visit and taking a moment to let us know your thoughts. Not having a clean room is completely not acceptable. I completely understand your disappointment. Furthermore, we appreciate you making us aware of it. We have noticed the concern as well and are implementing training procedures and checks/balances to restore the beyond expectations that Kalahari is known for. However, with that being said, that doesn't fix your recent past experience. I would like the opportunity to discuss details with you further about your stay. If you have a moment, can you please email me your contact info to KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com. I very much appreciate your time. Thank you again and looking forward to connecting with you soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We spent the 4th of July at the Kalahari. Our girls always love coming to this place. They offer great well-priced special packages and the waterpark attractions are always a blast. The indoor theme park offer a number of fun stuff (like the skywalk, rock climbing ) which my kids always enjoy. The rooms are clean, the staff friendly and the grounds are well laid out. I gave it a four since we find our food options limited as we normally end up at Damons or the Kahunaville and typically order the same item from the menu across our multiple visits. This time round however they offered a nice breakfast buffet at one of the other restaurants as part of the package and there were good options laid out that covered all our taste. The fireworks were magnificent!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

We are so honored that Kalahari is your favorite Getaway! Also, thank you for selecting us to be included in your 4th of July plans. We hope you had a great time in the Waterparks and it sounds like you tried some of the attractions at the Indoor Theme Park as well. Besides Damon's and Kahunaville, I hope you were able to try a few other places like Ivory Coast, our Upper Deck Lounge, and our Waterpark Dining options as well as Java Manjaro for a quick bite to eat. Thanks again for staying with us and take care.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Busy as expected during the 4th. the GOOD:Best fireworks I've seen in some time. Great weather and many things to do offsite with your kids.the AVERAGE:Waterparks not bad, but nothing to exciting, younger kids did have fun. Everything is over priced as always.Average room at 300.00 a night for two beds and half mile walk to the waterparks. the BAD: Men's pool lockeroom awful, always wear foot protection. Theme Park games broken but still open for business,rip off. Go Karts were a joke and very unorganized, long waits and they weren't busy. Pig Roast promo was a complete failure and poorly run. Kalahari is slipping down a notch.

Room Tip: Pot luck, good luck
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We're thrilled that you choose to stay with us for 4 of July. The fireworks were spectacular this year. Excited to hear that you enjoyed them as well. We appreciate your feedback. I will be sure to connect with our Indoor Theme Park Manager. We do have regular game inspectors that go through daily to ensure games are working correctly, but I will connect to see where the concern lies. Likewise, I will connect with our housekeeping on the Locker Rooms. We do have designated attendees that clean the locker rooms solely all day, so I will be sure to regroup with our team and go through expectations. I do hope you were able to enjoy the new attractions we added to the waterpark and the Indoor Theme Park. Thank you again for connecting with us. I hope that we see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

As far as things in one spot this is a amazing place. Great indoor outdoor water park. Great indoor game and arcade area. A sweet bowling ally and even a movie theater. The hotel rooms are slightly dated in the main building but the walk from the new building is long. We stayed in the new area a couple years ago. My main complaint is housekeeping completely passed over the bathroom when cleaning from the last guest. Pretty gross. And they didn't offer anything to make up for the oversight. Other than that the staff was just ok. It seems like a place that could use new management to take care of some details and overall staff attitude. But the place as a whole is impressive. To s to do and not extremely expensive.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for staying at Kalahari Resort a second time. I am thrilled you had such a great time in the Waterparks and Indoor Theme Park. We appreciate your input about the rooms and continue to make ourselves better as a whole. Thank you for the review and take care.