“Rooms are not so great but water park is really good.”

Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is our first time in all inclusive resort, based on reviews and talking to a colleague, I was excited before booking this place. I booked a king lodge suite with kitchen and a sleeper sofa at 312 $ for 4 people + 30 $ for one more person. Its not worth that money. I didnt like the flow of the rooms, entrance followed by a tiny bathroom, vanity outside, king bed, then living room with sofa bed , kitchen and dinning with a spacious balcony. For a 2 night stay it was fine, just for basic needs, nothing fancy. My biggest gripe was the tiny bathroom(old tub, not so easy to use faucet, room for only one person to stand ) and dingy carpet. All the time I was trying to protect any baby stuff and personal items not touch the carpet. The throw they gave had stains also. Though they had cleaning service , they didnt clean our place as we had been inside when they were cleaning, they should have cleaned when we were out. The biggest plus point was the indoor waterpark. They had an indoor one and lots of rides for all ages , non swimmers and strong swimmers, wave pools, lazy river ride. We had an awesome time. Its accessible from the hotel through a skywalk, its a 10 mins walk though. You cant bring food into the waterpark anything. They have so many nice places to eat, we only got sandwiches and fries. I didnt like the womens locker room, they should have provided covered shower stalls, it was an open area, didnt feel comfortable bathing in the open.Outside the waterpark, they have few sweet shops with beautiful displays of desserts and what not. I got few for our car ride back home. The interiors in the hallway are decorated nicely in african desert and wildlife theme, alive tiger cubs for display and photo sessions. There is also a indoor theme park/game arcade/mini golf place, you can skip that. We also attended water show at Tommy bartlett center which is 3 hours with our complimentary tickets, we attended only 1 hr as it was late night, also we had free tickets for a wildlife park which we didnt use. Overall experience is good for one time trip. I will not be coming back. I will prefer to go to just to the waterpark for a day trip, stay comfortably somewhere for overnight and go back home.

Room Tip: Day trip is a good option, if you only want to spend time in the waterpark mainly.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

We very much appreciate you taking the time to review our resort. Thank you for giving us a try. While I'm thrilled you enjoyed the waterpark and the scenery throughout the resort, I am discouraged to hear your thoughts on the Lodge Suite. As we constantly upgrade and make adjustments based on responses, hopefully some of your thoughts on this room style will be addressed. We very much appreciate the feedback so that in the future we have the opportunity to go beyond your expectations. Also, I did want to mention that we do have over a dozen room styles, so possibly in the future, if we have the opportunity to have you as our guest again, there might be a room style that is a better fit. I do hope we have the opportunity to have you as our guest once more, if not overnight, a day pass. Thank you so much for time and see you again soon.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

My family stayed this weekend and enjoyed all of the amenities. We come here about 3x a year and never have left unhappy, though today after we checked out and went to our car we noticed the our car had been robbed. The back seat was compleatly ripped out, car stereo stolen, and papers etc all over the car. It looked as if a tornado came through. After calling security and then police i found iut that this was the second report of this today before 12pm. After talking to the manager about my safety concerns with the parking lot at night, he did nothing to make me feel that they even cared about what had happened while I was a guest at the resort. Needless to say the customer service was horrible and will not go again and risk anything worse happening. Also we stayed two days and they never came in to put more towels, shampoo, or toilet paper we had to go up to housekeeping to get a roll of toilet paper which was quite humiliating.

Room Tip: Request a pool side room if possible
3  Thank mandy b
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to review us and visiting us as often as you have. It was most certainly our pleasure to have you. I am so very sorry to hear about the instances that occurred with your car. I can certainly understand your frustration and furthermore your concern. I believe I did connect through social media with you as well. I had our General Manager look into this. At this moment we were providing all of our assistance to local authorities to assist in their investigation. I can assure you any way we can accommodate them, we are doing so. I am sorry to hear that you no longer feel safe with us. We take guest safety very seriously and set this as our number 1 priority. Each year as new technology becomes available, we constantly upgrade to ensure we are at the forefront of all safety measures for our guests. Again, I understand your concern completely, and I apologize our team did not ease your fear when you needed and deserved it most. I will be addressing that too. Thank you for reaching out to us with this information so we can improve down the road. I hope that in the future you will once again come visit us and hope that we have the opportunity to restore your trust in us. Thank you for your time! Take care!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

accommodations and staff were wonderful we would definitely stay again. We received an excellent special offer and it was exactly as promised. The suite was roomy and quiet and the kitchen was well stocked with dishes and full sized appliances including a dishwasher.

1  Thank grandma1-13
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

We always want our guests to feel like they're right at home. One way we do that is by offering full sized kitchens stocked with dishes and appliances in most of our suites. Overall, I am happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the review!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during Memorial Day weekend. My brother-in-law got a suite on the main level with a total of 3 beds. There was a door to divide the two rooms: one room with two queens and another room with one king bed. Each room has its own bath. The suite was very nice, clean and I liked how it opened to the patio outside so we could sit outside and eat. Everything seemed to work well, except the refrigerator door was hard to open.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nguy0852
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Sounds like an amazing Memorial Day weekend! Thank you so much for coming to visit us! Sounds like the suite worked well for your needs. Hopefully everyone had a blast in the waterpark. I wanted to be sure that we sent a note thanking you for your time and letting you know we can't wait to see you again soon! Take care.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

During my recent stay at the Wisconsin Dells resort, one of their indoor metal framed signs fell down -due to a wind gust from an outside door-and landed againt the back of my heel (as I had my back turned against the sign), and I was severely injured.Took awhile for help to arrive and I was bleeding heavily! What would of happened had it been a child standing there?! Could not obtain a wheelchair later in the evening to get to their restaurant-had to use a luggage carrier instead. No one from the resort has contacted me regarding my injury, despite my emails, and I have been incapable of wearing shoes or walking without a limp for over 2 weeks! Only one first aid responder on staff for an entire resort-completely unsafe! and very poor customer service/accountability! Have been visiting Kalahari for years, but the way this stay was handled has made it so I won't return!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chelsea_R16

Thank you for visiting us and taking a moment to review us. I am sorry to hear about your injury and I hope you are on your way to feeling better. I am also sorry to hear that you felt as if our team was not concerned. Please know we take safety as our number one priority and I will be looking into this. I did receive email correspondence from Greg Sherrill, our rooms division director and he has an email out to you awaiting a reply to connect. Please feel free to email me at KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com if you did not receive this and I will have him reach out again or call you directly. More then happy to assist with you two connecting. I am sorry that the attempts so far have been unsuccessful, but hopefully moving forward we wont' have any struggles and can get you the information needed. Thank you again for reaching out to us and I am looking forward to connecting soon. Thank you so much.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

The resort is nice, but when I found out I was not able to go to the outdoor lazy river (which i was looking forward to going on) until 12pm, i was very unhappy. I already had plans from 12pm on. The weather was fantasic to use it and it was not available because of water cleaning maintenance. Why could this have been done early before the waterpark opened at 9am? I was only there for one night so i was unable to use the outdoor lazy river. I was not happy.

1  Thank musictazman
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for coming to visit us! I am sorry to hear that you were not able to use the outdoor lazy river later in the day. Hopefully you were able to check out the inside one instead. I apologize the maintenance affected your plans. We do our best to ensure we schedule that the best we can so as not to impact anyone, however, we never hesitate to close an attraction when it comes to safety. Thank you for letting us know your thoughts. Hopefully we see you again in the future. I appreciate the feedback! Take care!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My son and I really loved this place. It has everything in it. The water park was fun. My friend and I loved the swim up bar. A great place for kids and adults. The amusement park was an additional fee even though we stayed at the resort. I stayed at the sands resort which was a long walk to the water park but I was told that when I booked the room. We found it was shorter to walk across the parking lot instead of going through the skyway. I would go back here. It is a lot of fun.

Room Tip: If you don't want to walk a long ways to the water park then book a room in the main building.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends